Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xenoblade
Lilith

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Xenoblade » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:49 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Image

Asuka seems to be social distancing from Kenken.
Don't be.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:58 pm

View Original PostXenoblade wrote:
View Original PostGhostlyOcam#916449 wrote:Image

Everyone would be asking too many questions, she's with the right group, she's just the third wheel, when she should be 1st or 2nd.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:23 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Perhaps Shin is suggesting that Shinji's actions were not so unforgivable there can be no redemption?

According to the translated script:

Althought there are members of Wille who are still angry with Shinji. Others seem more understanding that Shinji releasing the Near Third Impact was an accident.

Also, Misato mentioned that Shinji piloting Eva01 saved everyone 14 years ago (from the Angels attack). She also takes the blame for the Near Third Impact, since Shinji was her subordinate.

At the end, members of Wille need to move on from that resentment

NamvM74
Embryo

Postby NamvM74 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:37 am

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:
View Original PostNamvM74#916444 wrote:I thought 3.0 was about the fact that you have to live with the consequences of your actions. It really feels like those consequences were undone.

Perhaps Shin is suggesting that Shinji's actions were not so unforgivable there can be no redemption?

That's fine. Redemption and forgiveness is always possible. Redemption though would of been stopping Gendo's Final Impact. Not reversing all the previous impacts. Forgiveness seems to only be given when Shinji is viewed to be of use to Wille again. Not given to him for its own sake. I just feel like this film offered a very easy way out of the characters problems.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:10 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:I just came by to drop something: A Japanese Twitter user went to a cinema today and looks like they updated Shin Eva's theatrical poster. Remember when people were speculating that the beach poster has enough free space for other characters aside from the main five to be in? Well. They were right.

I see Poochie there
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:30 am

In 3.0+1.0, Shinji accept the guilt and his mistakes. In the Instrumentality, he erases the Evas and repair the world, but I don't think he brings back the people who died for the Near Third Impact.

Wasn't it confirmed that Neart Third Impact didn't kill people and animals in the literal sense of the word but sacrificed them at Guf's Door to turn them into Failures of Infinite? Let's remember that Shinji's reversed impact made those White Evangelions go back to being people and animals, so it's really possible that Shinji to some extent made up for all his mistakes.Obviously this is just my opinion based on what I've seen in the spoilers.

Lol, I don't think with the poster they are trying to make us understand that Asuka X Kensuke is just a good joke that they wanted to play with it, I think that instead of the designer he preferred to simply put the 14-year-old Kensuke together with the 14-year-old Toji and Hikari years. I would not consider this poster to have confirmations and denials for some of our questions, I mean at the beginning seeing Rei and Kaworu slightly distant from the other 3 pilots had led some people to believe that their fate as in NGE was marked and instead looks a bit like it ended this time.
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:01 am

New poster

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:22 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Wasn't it confirmed that Neart Third Impact didn't kill people and animals in the literal sense of the word but sacrificed them at Guf's Door to turn them into Failures of Infinite? Let's remember that Shinji's reversed impact made those White Evangelions go back to being people and animals, so it's really possible that Shinji to some extent made up for all his mistakes.Obviously this is just my opinion based on what I've seen in the spoilers.

It's true that the Failures of Infinite returned to be humans.

However, the Near Third Impact seems to change the environment (becoming it hostile to humans), so manny people likely die for that too.

So, I don't think Shinji could recover all the losses for the Near Third Impact.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:03 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote: However, the Near Third Impact seems to change the environment (becoming it hostile to humans), so manny people likely die for that too.

Well I don't seem to remember if it was confirmed if Barrier L killed living beings or turned them all into Failures of Infinite so about this :???: .

One of the few things that I feel I regard as almost certain is that Shinji has cleaned up both the earth and the seas by making the planet habitable again.

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:So, I don't think Shinji could recover all the losses for the Near Third Impact.

Well here's what Gendo, Ritsuko and Misato have said about the effects of Impacts on the planet

Gendo:
The ocean was purified via Second Impact.
The earth was purified via Third.
And souls were[?] purified via the Fourth.
The core forming the Eva Infinities is the soul made material.
The vessels of the species called humanity will be cast aside...
And its collective wisdom beckoned to an unsullied paradise...

Ritsuko:
This is the commodification of humanity-- no,
of the ancient life of this planet.

Misato:
Converting all souls into core...

So it seems that the purification process transforms all souls into a core, so perhaps even marine life forms, animals and people who have died instead of becoming Failures of Infinite may have become part of the Instrumentality and consequently be some of those white Infinite Evangelions that Shinji has brought back to being normal creatures, but I really think we will never know if this is really the case.

It seems that Shinji said that he would not have made time go back but created a world where one can live and be happy without piloting the Evangelions, so I believed that therefore that for Misato, Kaji, Gendo and Yui there would be no hope of reborn in the new world and instead we have Kaworu and Rei apparently as human beings and maybe even Asuka in the train station Well I'm afraid we really never know if Shinji has reset the planet or simply canceled the effects of the previous Impacts and consequently the true number of life that saved remains forever uncertain :???: Another question destined to remain unanswered is whether anyone other than Mari and Shinji remembers what happened :???:

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:47 am

rilocay wrote: (...) This is shown in the latest film by her behavior - she's not trying for anyones attention anymore - and is "content" by herself with her game. There's some dialogue alluding to her her coming to this conclusion when she plays with her old puppet

This is why at the end she is solo - she's finally okay with being with just herself.

It's my take on it but theres enough there to warrant it.

I had the same impression, but it left me very hurt. I've never really felt more empathy for Asuka than in this movie! I always liked Rei more than Asuka, when I saw her roles reverse, deeply shocked me: Rei, who was called a doll, humanizes herself, makes friends, has new experiences and grows as a person while Asuka, who was beautiful, vain and a little antisocial has become a total radical Hikikomori with no vanity. I think finding out she was a clone destroyed her heart. She spent the whole day sitting, playing video games, half-naked, in that workshop made me think of her as if she were a garage kit, a doll, exposed on a shelf without any human contact, the Shikinami Series. (I understood Anno's criticism, but it was painful to watch anyway! I'm sure this model will sell like water in the desert!)

I'm not blaming Kensuke! That was her (Asuka) way of dealing with her problems! I found it interesting that when Shinji and Rei arrive in Ghiblitown Kensuke decides to take Shinji and leaves Rei because Hikari and Touji could help her a lot more than he could. Kensuke got both muleheads (Shinji and Asuka), he didn't pamper either, he spent the whole day out and made room for both of them (Touji thought it was a bit cold, but I'm on Kensuke's side in this: only diamond cuts diamond !). Asuka seemed stressed all the time, but she was always like that with Shinji, he always took her out of her comfort zone.

After Shinji leaves the mindfuck, it is Asuka who pushes him to help Kensuke. Why? Because she knows this is the right attitude, but why doesn't she do it? She cannot! You can say that Shinji only left mindfuck because of Rei, but Mari does the same thing with Asuka all the time. No one can fight the demons that live in your mind just yourself. I think she can only draw with them.I repeat: I've never really felt more empathy for Asuka than in this movie!

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:38 pm

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:I had the same impression, but it left me very hurt. I've never really felt more empathy for Asuka than in this movie! I always liked Rei more than Asuka, when I saw her roles reverse, deeply shocked me: Rei, who was called a doll, humanizes herself, makes friends, has new experiences and grows as a person while Asuka, who was beautiful, vain and a little antisocial has become a total radical Hikikomori with no vanity. I think finding out she was a clone destroyed her heart. She spent the whole day sitting, playing video games, half-naked, in that workshop made me think of her as if she were a garage kit, a doll, exposed on a shelf without any human contact, the Shikinami Series. (I understood Anno's criticism, but it was painful to watch anyway! I'm sure this model will sell like water in the desert!)

I shouldn't quote the whole thing, but this is a fantastic write-up.

This film is going to hurt so good....

Some of these traits were always Asuka's (a persistent gaming habit for example, even back in NGE on Hikari's Sega Saturn), but the ways in which Rei and Asuka trade places in this film are interesting and...not Anno at his most subtle.
Don't be.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Poor Ritsuko, she got nobody to be with her in Rebuild.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Honestly i don't know what to think about this Asuka, at least without seeing the movie... Evangelion simply cannot be understood without properly watching it, there's so much information being represented through visual ways even 25 years after NGE began people still discuss the characters actively.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:21 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Poor Ritsuko, she got nobody to be with her in Rebuild.

I would have liked if maybe in 3.0 + 1.0 Ritsuko could have had some moments with Maya that which would lead some fans to suspect that 2 women could have started a relationship but from the spoilers at our disposal it seems that really Anno focused so much on the development of the relationships of Shinji with certain characters, the fight scenes, the crazy science fiction and the psychological transposition of Gendo, Kaworu and Asuka to leave little space for the secondary characters despite the film lasted more than hours.

I mean from the spoilers it seems like we don't even have time to realize Toji and Haikari had a daughter, that Misato in 2.0 was pregnant with Kaji's baby and that Kensuke became the best friend / father figure / possible love interest (?) of Asuka who shortly afterwards Rei Q dies because she needs LCL.

So from my personal point of view it would seem that Anno decided to give the viewer so many shocking insights that he didn't want to devote valuable screen space and time to secondary characters :emogendo:
Obviously all of this is just my personal guess based on what I saw in the spoilers.

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote: Honestly i don't know what to think about this Asuka, at least without seeing the movie...

That's right although we've seen spoilers and read comments and reviews everyone can really have their own opinion only after experiencing something for themselves

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote: Evangelion simply cannot be understood without properly watching it, there's so much information being represented through visual ways even 25 years after NGE began people still discuss the characters actively.

Yes, the ending of EOE and its meaning, what kind of emotions Kaworu and Shinji really felt towards each other and whether Shinji and Asuka can really have a future together in the post-3rd Impact world are still all topics that the Internet is about keep arguing.
@EscapismIsBad you are really right that the only way to understand Evangelion is to watch it, especially this movie.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Other than Maya, I can't find anyone who suit her, which is sad.

brer rabbit
Embryo

Postby brer rabbit » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:08 pm

I wonder what number Shikinami is, is she the second, third, or twelve version of the Shikinami series?

one-eyed
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby one-eyed » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

Konja7 wrote: However, the Near Third Impact seems to change the environment (becoming it hostile to humans), so manny people likely die for that too.

So, I don't think Shinji could recover all the losses for the Near Third Impact.

I never really believed that Near Third Impact caused this worldwide catastrophe. Automating Nerv, creating countless Nemesis Series and Evas 7 to 13, building 4 (!) Wunders among other things would take years! Create a single Eva require resources from entire countries, thousands of workers, hundreds of technicians and dozens of engineers, so imagine the size of the Shipyards for the Wunders ! It would be impossible on that dead planet! New technologies were developed, they had the means to deal with the two remaining angels and still wasted time creating new logos for Neo-Nerv! I honestly can't see how it would be possible for Gendo and Fuyutsuki to do everything themselves and we still had Wille's insurrection!

When 2.0 ended there was a scene in which Unit 01 appeared surrounded by the pillars, that's when I formulated a theory that Eva 01 had been prepared to generate an impact: Eva 02 had built-in pillars and needed a code to remove them (“Za Beasto!” for Mari and “Code 777” for Asuka) and, in Q, when Asuka’s battery runs out, the panels don’t turn black because there’s a minimum of energy for safekeep the internal inhibitor pillars working. Maya even says that Eva 01 inhibitors have disappeared (or most likely never existed!). For me, that would be sabotage, so what would be Shinji's sin? People died at N3I like the parents of Midori and Sakura, Seele obtained an Awakened Eva that served as a source of energy for Seele's technological transformations (They would have taken decades to do all that if it weren't for this and still centralized everything in Tokyo-3). The worst is that since there were still two angels to face there would be no time to train a new staff for Nerv, so they blamed Shinji for everything and officially he is the only one to blame for what happened. That's why Nerv veterans are more tolerant of Shinji than newbies: they know it is more complicated. Misato also encouraged Shinji to fly that trap that is Eva 01. That is her remorse.

If I were to guess Kaji's death, Wille's insurrection, Wunder's theft and 3I occurred about 2 years ago. Half the staff of Neo – Nerv became Wille (Kaji gave the idea of using a blue ribbon to differentiate Wille from Neo-Nerv), managed to appropriate Wunder and tried to stop 3I, but unfortunately Kaji died. Wille spent the next two years training civilians to fly the Wunder and they needed to retrieve Eva 01 to use it as an energy source. Eva 01 was sent into space shortly before the 3I ritual and before Wille's uprising, so they knew of its exact position.

Another point in favor is that we saw the Near Fourth Impact. He did not destroy the world and had only localized damage. If the impact had it not been stopped it would have violated the minds and souls of all living beings on Earth and the damage would have been grotesque.

FXArmaros98 wrote:
Ritsuko:
This is the commodification of humanity-- no,
of the ancient life of this planet.

The name has always been Human Instrumentality: humanity as an instrument, a tool or a gear. It was never a good thing! If it were something really positive, the name would be Human Ascension, Human Apotheosis, Human Transcendence, Human Deification among others.

FXArmaros98 wrote:
It seems that Shinji said that he would not have made time go back but created a world where one can live and be happy without piloting the Evangelions, so I believed that therefore that for Misato, Kaji, Gendo and Yui there would be no hope of reborn in the new world and instead we have Kaworu and Rei apparently as human beings and maybe even Asuka in the train station Well I'm afraid we really never know if Shinji has reset the planet or simply canceled the effects of the previous Impacts and consequently the true number of life that saved remains forever uncertain Another question destined to remain unanswered is whether anyone other than Mari and Shinji remembers what happened

It is one of the bugs of time travel in science fiction: if it comes time rewind, it will erase several people like Tsubame or Ryoji Jr.! I doubt he wants that! The alternative is to rewrite certain parts to a minimum and keep almost all of the others without moving too much (Reality Overwriting – the triangle with three right angles).

Xenoblade wrote: Indeed. She's a tough nut to crack. I've always been sympathetic to her and Soryu even in EoE, so it stings to have my favourite character(s) have a little bit of a rough ride at the end, but I don't think her prognosis is bleak. She survives and has a support network that may also include Toji and Hikari to keep her centred, even if Shinji can't be there.

I'm with you on this one! I was just a little sad with her alone at the train station and that I can't feel this shipping with Kensuke. Because, for me, this is not a romantic relationship and I still think that Kensuke is the Miyazaki of this story!

Xenoblade wrote: This film is going to hurt so good....

In my case, it is already doing this!

Slowpokeking wrote: Poor Ritsuko, she got nobody to be with her in Rebuild.

Look at the bright side: she didn't go crazy and didn't get shot by Gendo.

EscapismIsBad wrote: Honestly i don't know what to think about this Asuka, at least without seeing the movie... Evangelion simply cannot be understood without properly watching it, there's so much information being represented through visual ways even 25 years after NGE began people still discuss the characters actively.

That goes for everything that happened in that movie! The scene when Mari comes out of the sea, meets Shinji and says goodbye to the Evas looked like meh in the transcript until I saw the clip with scenes from the movie: the world gains color, definition and life when she arrives and Shinji's goofy smile was very familiar for me because I also smile like that for my girlfriend. I even understood Mari's analogy to be a tsunami for him. Mine looks like a cross between an earthquake and a hurricane.

The scene of the reunion with Rei at Eva 01 was sad in the transcription, but when I saw the images of Rei with long hair and a doll in her lap I think that the reversal of her roles with Asuka was undeniable. And it could get worse if the rumor that the doll had the name Shinji written on it! It will be painful to see that.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:46 pm

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:If I were to guess Kaji's death, Wille's insurrection, Wunder's theft and 3I occurred about 2 years ago. Half the staff of Neo – Nerv became Wille (Kaji gave the idea of using a blue ribbon to differentiate Wille from Neo-Nerv), managed to appropriate Wunder and tried to stop 3I, but unfortunately Kaji died. Wille spent the next two years training civilians to fly the Wunder and they needed to retrieve Eva 01 to use it as an energy source. Eva 01 was sent into space shortly before the 3I ritual and before Wille's uprising, so they knew of its exact position.

The Third Impact that was stopped by Kaji's sacrifice is implied to happened before Kaji Jr. born.

So, the time difference between the Near Third Impact and Third Impact was a difference of months (at most).

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:Another point in favor is that we saw the Near Fourth Impact. He did not destroy the world and had only localized damage. If the impact had it not been stopped it would have violated the minds and souls of all living beings on Earth and the damage would have been grotesque.

We don't see a Near Fourth Impact. We see a Fourth Impact that was stopped.

According to the script, the Third Impact stopped by Kaji doesn't seem to have consequences either. At least, this isn't mentioned as a big event for humanity at any point (not even Misato when she is trying to defend Shinji).

In fact, veterans of Wille also present the Near Third Impact as the main problem. They only understand this wasn't intentional from Shinji.

My theory is the Third Impact wasn't correctly stopped in 2.0. So, the Near Third Impact still affected the world.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:05 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Other than Maya, I can't find anyone who suit her, which is sad.

I know but cold as she is with who would ever be able to have a really happy relationship if not with a person who probably admires her more for her intelligence than for her body?
I'm sorry but Ritsuko is almost as cold a person as Gendo so she could hardly find happiness unless she becomes a better person. We are talking about her and if she could be with someone when we don't even know what happened to her and the other members of the Wille after the possible rebirth of the world :???:

View Original Postone-eyed wrote:It is one of the bugs of time travel in science fiction: if it comes time rewind, it will erase several people like Tsubame or Ryoji Jr.! I doubt he wants that! The alternative is to rewrite certain parts to a minimum and keep almost all of the others without moving too much (Reality Overwriting – the triangle with three right angles).

Yes it is true, but for me it is sad that both Shinji and Ryoji Jr will be left without parents if Shinji really does not recreate the world from 0. Also I believe that due to Gendo's Additional Impact maybe all the people in the village could have become too Failures of Infinite. Well heck folks, for there are unanswered questions destined for what really happened in the movie's finale.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:23 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:The Third Impact that was stopped by Kaji's sacrifice is implied to happened before Kaji Jr. born.

So, the time difference between the Near Third Impact and Third Impact was a difference of months (at most).

This is the conversation between Shinji and Kensuke about Kaji Jr that implied that:

Kensuke: So, Ikari, he was a nice guy, right?
Shinji: Yes, but he said "Kaji"...
Kensuke: Yes, it's Misato and Kaji's son. That 14-year-old doesn't know his parents. He's Misato's hope. Since she can't do anything mother-like, she decided to protect the child just as Wille's leader, without meeting him once in his life.
Shinji: Then... what of Kaji?
Kensuke: He died. Someone had to be sacrificed to stop the Third Impact.

It seems pretty clear Kaji Jr. was born after the Third Impact that his father stopped.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”