Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:39 pm

I really hate how they treated Misato as a
SPOILER: Show
mother where she left her son without parents to raise, that's pretty much repeating the mistake of many ppl in this show.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:41 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:No, sweet Mary Magdalene, the maybe wife of Jesus Shinji. But technically Kaworu is Jesus so you can't have two Jesuses, unless we're dealing with Gnosticism, in which there is like 5 . Or maybe dealing with Jesus the Man and Christ the liar.

Though I'm still betting money on her being someone else.

Why the "liar"?
Last edited by Konja7 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:44 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Sweet...SWEET jesus.

Mari and her uplifting way of living. Her presence, alongside the blue water and sunny setting, makes this sequence have a completely opposite tone to the one we saw in EoE's last scene. At least that's what it looks like...
Not that the scene is sad, on the contrary. However, it has melancholy visuals. It's funny how we got not only one, but two moments that reference this sequence (and they both look happy).

As for Asuka, there is not much more for me to add. She moved on and Shinji (like any decent human being) respected her decision. Felipe said everything.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:46 pm

Wasn't Shinji more interested in Misato in the old show?

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:46 pm

The end of the movie is SO wholesome! Now i understand everything, it's a lot less dramatic than the leaks said. Mark 06 even appears, although it's a shame it's portrayed in bad CG, the 1X13 reuniting again (representing the beginning and the end) is very wholesome too, I love it all, even the soundtrack is very good. Mari is META until the end.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:50 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original PostChaddyManPrime#914943 wrote:No, sweet Mary Magdalene, the maybe wife of Jesus Shinji. But technically Kaworu is Jesus so you can't have two Jesuses, unless we're dealing with Gnosticism, in which there is like 5 . Or maybe dealing with Jesus the Man and Christ the liar.

Though I'm still betting money on her being someone else.

Why the "liar"?

Oh it's a book!
The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Also did they confirm the Shinji
coupling
? I heard totally different take on it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:58 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Wasn't Shinji more interested in Misato in the old show?
He shies away from her in episode 23, then just blushes when Kaworu makes a similar approach in episode 24.

Also
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:02 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Also did they confirm the Shinji
coupling
? I heard totally different take on it.

You can see evidence for yourself on previous pages. Edit: or right above...

:asuka_wut1:

Asuka moves on, and Shinji accepts it and does the same. Roll credits. :emogendo:
Last edited by Xenoblade on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't be.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:03 pm

btw doesnt Shinji say goodbye to Asuka because he was going to sacrifice himself before yui and gendo saved him ?
so.....technically that was his out....mari is a usurper !
ANATA BAKA !?

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Oh sorry I got it wrong, I was talking about the Kensuke relationship.

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:19 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:btw doesnt Shinji say goodbye to Asuka because he was going to sacrifice himself before yui and gendo saved him ?
so.....technically that was his out....mari is a usurper !

Perhaps, but she makes it explicit to him that she has moved on earlier in the film regardless. Even with Shinji also saved in the end, the goodbye stands. The beach scene was: One More Final: I Do (not) Need You in a way.

Shinji understands and accepts he must move on, in line with Asuka's decision earlier in the film. Asuka blushing at Shinji's confession (if not at him seeing her ripped plugsuit, which judging by earlier events in the film wouldn't embarrass her) is an interesting detail but she ultimately made her choice long ago. I understand the focus was on our Eva pilots so Kensuke for example can't be there, but Asuka being the "odd man out" sitting alone at the end is good evidence that the goodbye stands regardless of Shinji making it out alive. Even Rei and Kaworu got to chat, after all. Asuka sits..alone.

I'm with everyone speculating that Mari represents Anno's wife in some metaphorical form, especially with how she falls from the sky (like an angel) to meet him. She feels like a "saviour", as clear as day.
Last edited by Xenoblade on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't be.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:23 pm

I never thought Shiji and Asuka fit too well. Sure they are sexually attracted to each other but they are wayy too similar and could not help each other too well.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:34 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Wasn't Shinji more interested in Misato in the old show?

No. Not at all. Misato was always portrait as a friend/"mother figure" to Shinji. He never felt anything romantic for her. Misato didn't love Shinji that way either (she was clearly interested in Kaji). She only offers her body to him because she didn't know how to deal with his pain any other way (that whole scene is just miserable, to say the least).

Sure they are sexually attracted to each other but they are way too similar and could not help each other too well.

Like many elements in Evangelion, their relationship is based on the Hedgehog's Dilemma. They really are too similar and will always be hurting each other from time to time. But that's ok, because they are also going to experience a lot of good moments in between those crises (by understanding one another's pain). There are no perfect relationships, but that does not mean that we should discard them all. Despite everything, Asuka was able to show kindness and acceptance to Shinji in the end (things he definitely needed).
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Slowpokeking
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Slowpokeking » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 pm

No I got it wrong, I was trying to say Kensuke was more interested in Misato than Asuka in the old show, not sure why did I mess up the name.

Lickitung
Embryo

Postby Lickitung » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Why are Shinji and Mari on one side of the train and the others on the other?
Has it been 14 years since the final impact? Why isn't Shinji surprised to see Mari grown up and vice versa?
How did Mari remove the shackle from Shinji's neck? Why did she wait for just that moment to remove it?
Did yui and gendou die in the end?

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm

View Original PostLickitung wrote:Why are Shinji and Mari on one side of the train and the others on the other?
Has it been 14 years since the final impact? Why isn't Shinji surprised to see Mari grown up and vice versa?
How did Mari remove the shackle from Shinji's neck? Why did she wait for just that moment to remove it?
Did yui and gendou die in the end?

and how she removed hers ? in the beach scene you can see the dss chocker under her school uniform
ANATA BAKA !?

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm

View Original PostSlowpokeking wrote:Oh sorry I got it wrong, I was talking about the Kensuke relationship.

It isn't confirmed.

However, you don't make "Goodbye, Asuka. Say hi to Kensuke" the last phrase of Shinji towards Asuka if you don't want to imply something.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:43 pm

Hey is there any word on if anyone at Khara read Retake? I just want to know because of reasons.
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:46 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original PostSlowpokeking#914978 wrote:Oh sorry I got it wrong, I was talking about the Kensuke relationship.

It isn't confirmed.

However, you don't make "Goodbye, Asuka. Say hi to Kensuke" the last phrase of Shinji towards Asuka if you don't want to imply something.

Exactly. I liked Asuka and Shinji but Anno is pretty clear here. Shinji interprets Asuka and Kensuke's relationship in a certain way, and that is crystal-clear in the dialogue.

You also don't have Asuka sit alone with no establishing shot while Rei and Kaworu chat and Shinji and Mari run off in the other direction holding hands if you don't want to imply some permanence on top of that.
Don't be.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”