Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Konja7 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:55 pm

View Original PostShikinamiBogard wrote:Kaji brigs an alternative hapiness to Kaworu , beacuse the Hapiness of Kaworu is make happy Shinji but thats why they trapped on that loop

Thank you for the clarification. I was confused about that part.

melonpan
Embryo

Postby melonpan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:57 pm

r.i.p. Shinji's hairline
(jk its just shorter hair)
fan since 2013

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:07 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:We now have most of the resolution and aftermath in fragments. One scene conspicuously missing, though, is the one where Shinji is shown hitting the iron after coming back to normalville -- just look at that neck and shoulders (and ignore the Anno ears).

SPOILER: Show

I ain't ready for alpha male Shinji, bring back my beta fuck boi Annooooooo
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:23 pm

Sweet...SWEET jesus.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:26 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Sweet...SWEET jesus.

No, sweet Mary Magdalene, the maybe wife of Jesus Shinji. But technically Kaworu is Jesus so you can't have two Jesuses, unless we're dealing with Gnosticism, in which there is like 5 . Or maybe dealing with Jesus the Man and Christ the liar.

Though I'm still betting money on her being someone else.
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:31 pm

Also this:
Image"....molecules...."
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby wiser3754 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:

Ow, man. "Adult Asuka" looks so damn cool! I'm so glad that she was able to grow up as well! I wonder what Mari is saying to her, though. Maybe it is some kind of "goodbye"...

Odd how Asuka is grown up in this scene yet after Mari says goodbye Asuka awakens in Unit 13's entry plug, half naked without an eyepatch and ejected back to earth. And she's still 14.
I watch and speculate.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby unitM » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:33 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Also this:
Image"....molecules...."
>ISHYGDDT

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:34 pm

Image"....molecules...."

Jesus Christ! Why do they make her look so much like Soryu but with glasses?!

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:36 pm

Sadamoto tends to design characters who are all rather similar to one another. Give Shinji long hair and he already looks like a lot of the female characters.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:39 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Sweet...SWEET jesus.

I swear to god I've seen this image somewhere before...

Holyjeffmann
Embryo

Postby Holyjeffmann » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:40 pm

Image"....molecules...."

Dear Lord

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:41 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:Sadamoto tends to design characters who are all rather similar to one another. Give Shinji long hair and he already looks like a lot of the female characters.

touji sister looks exactly like Shinji if you remove her hair.
ANATA BAKA !?

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:44 pm

For the record the ending is up and there to find, can't supply with any links obv.

One Last Kiss starts up the moment Mari takes the collar off Shinji.

The final shot is a drone shot of the real city with animated pedestrians and you can see Shinji and Mari running out of the train station and out of the bottom of shot just as the camera pans away to a wide shot of the city. The screen cuts to credits at the end of the first chorus.

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:54 pm

The one thing that will always strike me about this ending is Asuka.

She blushes on the beach when Shinji thanks her and confesses his feelings back to her, but it doesn't start a new chapter, it closes a book as Shinji simply wants her to say hi to Kensuke for him, which sends a strong signal. I understand moving on in the course of 14 years, as Asuka explicitly tells Shinji she has earlier in the film. I also understand Shinji telling Asuka to say hi to Kensuke for him as him accepting her moving on. I suppose Mari is sort of saying goodbye to Asuka at the end too. It's true, Asuka grows up before Shinji, literally, on that beach.

But then we get to the new world, without Eva...

Despite the proximity of the other pilots, Asuka at the train station is shown...alone, the only pilot to be alone. In a much milder form, this mirrors a character Anno created in Gunbuster...who also appears alone at the end, though in very different circumstances that I wouldn't want to spoil for newcomers.

It just feels a little bittersweet to have Asuka sit on a bench, alone, at the end, with no Kensuke (forever an odd choice to turn into a cool guy Asuka would get along with) even. I'm not really sure what to make of that. All of the Eva pilots appearing at the end (Asuka more subtly than Shinji/Mari and even Rei/Kaworu) is a really nice ending regardless, but for Anno to give his favourite character the least screen time or closure at the end - to the point where some viewers missed her train station appearance in theatres, just feels a little...sad. I understand however, that she's not the point of the shot, the point is Shinji's new world he is building with Mari. If Asuka has moved on, so can Shinji. If Shinji can move on, then Anno can move on from Asuka and Evangelion, and close this chapter in his life of active involvement in the series. While the other Eva pilots seemingly continue to wait for a train, Mari and Shinji are heading out into the world together, hand-in-hand.

But there is a slightly sombre note when it comes to Asuka...waiting on the bench alone as this unfolds.

:emogendo:
Don't be.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:01 pm

^
My issue stems from the meta, he's closing out the entire Asuka/Shinji relationship by saying the age gap is too wide now, but that's never been an argument about why they shouldn't be together, it really feels like a cop out.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Postby FelipeFritschF » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:03 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:new pics in the post
View Original Postfahey#914775 wrote:THERES A CHANCE

yeah....nope....now we cope

but it was not a kiss, she was just smelling him like always Image

That other scene is being spread to troll people. It's actually from the middle, that's when Shinji sees Asuka naked, she complaints he doesn't "at least blush", and then he pukes when he sees her DSS Choker. Then Kensuke shows up, covers her, and cleans Shinji's vomit. Shinji is even in the background there. Asuka is in adult body in the beach scene and the train scene, so she didn't just age back.

And Chaddy, not really. He is validating the A/S relationship by saying they were indeed in love. Because that is referencing EoE, their relationship is also validated in a meta, franchise sense. It didn't happen because Asuka couldn't just wait for him for 14 years. Even if Shinji was her true love or whatever, she needed to move on anyway. But they're both still there in the real world, so things are left open again.

Xenoblade
Lilith

Postby Xenoblade » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:15 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:^
My issue stems from the meta, he's closing out the entire Asuka/Shinji relationship by saying the age gap is too wide now, but that's never been an argument about why they shouldn't be together, it really feels like a cop out.

Well, the age gap definitely no longer exists in the final scene at the train station, but Shinji is already building his new world with Mari, heading out into real-life Japan. Swole-ji is finally same age as Asuka now, but they're apart.

Mari makes it fairly explicit that she would stand down for Asuka. She makes multiple hints to Asuka in 3.0 and 3.0+1.0 about her and Shinji, but Asuka seems to reject these and eventually turns it all back on her by telling her that he "needs a mother, not a girlfriend." Asuka decided she has moved on. Is she happy on the beach about the decision she made, turning over so Shinji can't see her blush? Perhaps not. Is she happy sitting alone at the train station? Perhaps not, but Asuka made up her mind and Shinji, as someone who truly loves her, accepts that and genuinely wishes her the best from the bottom of his heart. It's okay to move on, but it stings.

I like it, but it's a little bleak. There is no doubt that Asuka Shikinami truly loved Shinji, and that Shinji truly loved Asuka Shikinami. She cared a lot, even back in 2.0 when she was willing to stand aside for Rei (misinterpreting Rei's feelings for Shinji) in 2.0. Asuka really did love him.
Last edited by Xenoblade on Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't be.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:15 pm

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:Odd how Asuka is grown up in this scene yet after Mari says goodbye Asuka awakens in Unit 13's entry plug, half naked without an eyepatch and ejected back to earth. And she's still 14.
She's too tall for the seat at that point. Would need to check how the hoodie fits, if she's grown too tall for it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

cremino
Embryo

Postby cremino » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:34 pm

View Original Postwiser3754 wrote:
View Original PostBernardoCairo#914855 wrote:

Ow, man. "Adult Asuka" looks so damn cool! I'm so glad that she was able to grow up as well! I wonder what Mari is saying to her, though. Maybe it is some kind of "goodbye"...

Odd how Asuka is grown up in this scene yet after Mari says goodbye Asuka awakens in Unit 13's entry plug, half naked without an eyepatch and ejected back to earth. And she's still 14.

Maybe She doesn't want to grow

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”