Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby bladerj » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:52 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:For god's sake people, you can tell that screenshot was taken today, it's a photoshop.

that is exactly what a mole would say :emogendo:

btw aparently kaworu and Rei picture was leaked, the guy who watched the movie can you confirm ? Image
ANATA BAKA !?

Huagh
Adam

Postby Huagh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:00 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Image

OH MY GOD, they look good!!

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:01 am

That lines up with my memory.

If you go back and read what I said, Rei is turned away from the camera and we only get a good look at Kaworu, and he's wearing normal street clothes.

BAM!

(Although I have to admit the background doesn't look like how I remember it. I thought they were IN the train station.)
Last edited by os189 on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:02 am

View Original PostHuagh wrote:
View Original Postbladerj#914229 wrote:Image

OH MY GOD, they look good!!

You expected the movie to look bad?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Kaname Langley
Asuka's Cousin
Asuka's Cousin

Postby Kaname Langley » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 am

Did someone has 28years old Asuka pic?!!! Please and thank you in advance ^_^
Only losers consider the possibility of defeat without even trying.

Huagh
Adam

Postby Huagh » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:07 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:You expected the movie to look bad?

I meant to say “so good”. I didn’t expect them to look bad, but I just thought it would be a lot more strange to me to see them as adults. But they just look a little taller, and I’m really cool with that. Plus I like their clothes.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:09 am

Quoting Austin Powers: Fook Mi, that was fast!

Less than a week and there are already rumors of a camrip!? :nosebleed:
Time to Ctrl+R torrent sites into oblivion :shifty:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

melonpan
Embryo

Postby melonpan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:34 am

View Original PostIsAnnoGodOrATroll wrote:Has anyone heard the tracks posted on the Eva Extra app? I'm curious to hear it but apparently, some of them are premium-membership locked or something.

I've heard them! Not bad! I will certainly be interested in what else the ost has to offer. Some recognizeable melodies, and whole on new renditions of old tracks. And yeah the folk music thing was true, and I'm okay with it, I'd love to see where throughout the movie theyre planted.

I can tell you the first three tracks theyre offering are from the Paris fight
the fourth one being the music that played at the last section of the 12 minutes premiere thing.
fifth track is a choral rendition of one that was previously named Instabilité, here its titled "prettiest star"
sixth and seventh are folk songs
eigth is one titled "unwelcome: piano" i dont recognize the melody right away, but maybe someone with better ears can tell if its some scrambled up version of a melody weve heard before
ninth one "m & r: piano" oh man.... i think i can guess when this plays. remember the scene in 2.0 when Kaji is telling Shinji about second impact and Misato? this is a new take on the music that plays in that scene.
tenth and eleventh are new renditions of our good ol' friend "The Longest Day"
fan since 2013

sackboy97
Embryo

Postby sackboy97 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:01 am

Since there was some discussion about Near Third Impact and Third Impact, I just want to clarify that the script was (or it seemed at least) very clear, as most of the times they literally used ニアサー, which is an abbreviation of ニアサードインパクト.
One of the mentions I recall Third Impact is when they talk of Kaji, and they use サードインパクト, so just Third Impact, no "near" anywhere.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:35 am

At this rate I'll see the whole film as a power point slide with the amount of screenshots leaking.

Edit:
Yooo a few 1-2min clips of the camrip are up on YT!

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Postby Jäeger » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:54 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:
View Original Postshingenesis#914171 wrote:
-The 28 years old Asuka:
During the EoE-ish beach scene, judging by Asuka’s increased height and the fact her body has ripped her plug suit apart, she is physically 28 years old from that point beyond. Also when she is returned to unit13’s entry plug, it’s clear that she is taller than the seat! The headrest is only on her neck level now. Shinji even clothed her in the jacket she wore in the 3rd village because the plug suit is now way too small for her to wear.

Well that makes sense. Asuka is the only character who complained about the "Curse of Eva" and presumably Shinji wishing for a world without them cured Asuka of the curse and her physically age snapped back to match her chronological age.

No doubt there's all sorts of symbolism that can be read there about both Anno's and the audience's relationship to the franchise.

Would have thought the plugsuit had a but more give on it though ^_^

And it's a way to show the time skip (it seems, thanks to MarixSHinji, that Anno gives a fuck about the age gap) that keeps them impossible to be together.

By they way, IMHO showing images from NGE, projecting them in a wall during instrumentality, is as meta as the live sequence from EOE, which included a cinema where Death&Rebirth was being proyected. Just that, pure meta.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

Evangelion
Embryo

Postby Evangelion » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:23 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:
View Original PostEvangelion#913837 wrote:Are there t-posing Mass Production Evangelions in the background of the supposed EoE beach scene with Shinji and Asuka?

That's an specific question, but a good one nevertheless. I haven't heard anything about it, honestly. I mean, people are saying that the scene in which Shinji admits he loved Asuka is, visually speaking, almost identical to "One More Final: I Need You". However, there appear to be some differences here and there. Asuka seems to have her arm and eyes intact, for example. My bet is that the EVA Series isn't there. But I don't really know.

I see. Thanks fam, I was just curious.

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:57 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Image

And of course, all the dudes on /a/ are saying that Kaworu x Rei is now confirmed. Does this imply anything between them in you guys' minds?

On a different note, I thought this film was gonna be Eva's equivalent to The Matrix Revolutions. While what all I've heard does sort of confirm my suspicion, it seems more like it is instead the Metal Gear Solid 4 of the series.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Keiji
Embryo

Postby Keiji » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:04 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:
View Original Postbladerj#914229 wrote:[I thought this film was gonna be Eva's equivalent to The Matrix Revolutions. While what all I've heard does sort of confirm my suspicion.

No, people who have actually seen the movie said it was really good, for the majority ^_^ .

LightDragonman
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby LightDragonman » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:08 am

Not in terms of quality, but more in terms of feel and a few similarities regarding scenes and overall narrative.
Proud fanboy of Rei Ayanami. :p

Keiji
Embryo

Postby Keiji » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:09 am

View Original PostLightDragonman wrote:Not in terms of quality, but more in terms of feel and a few similarities regarding scenes and overall narrative.

Ah. ^_^

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:26 am

View Original PostGendo's Glasses wrote:2.0 is quite open about showing us that Third Impact is stopped before it truly begins (hence, 'Near.') We see that Lillith is still on the cross. In 3.0, we see that Lilith is off the cross, grown to a huge size, and the damage to the earth is far beyond anything we see in the second film - among many other things that indicate there was a substantial time gap between Near Third and whatever happened with Lillith. Multiple angels, the WILLE revolution, automated Mark 6, the NERV rebranding, etc. etc.

To be fair, the Near Third Impact being the cause of the Earth's state was exactly what Shinji understand in 3.0 (even if Kaworu's dialogue is confusing for us). So, it's possible this was always the plan in 3.0.

That's why I said the contradiction will be with the end of 2.0, where it seems there wasn't consequences when the Third Impact was stopped.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:35 am

View Original Postohno2100 wrote:Okay. Spoiling this because...holy hell my brain hurts looking at this.
SPOILER: Show
https://i.imgur.com/AE6pd2h.jpeg
Uh, am I going crazy here or is the shot of Ritsuko in the background here from NGE? I can't be the only one seeing this right

ohno2100 Yes, incredibly but still yes. If you look closely in another of the images in that album there is another scene where there are Shinji and Rei with long hair in front of what appears to be a movie screen, on that screen there is a frame of what appears to be Evangelion 01 in the NGE's design style

https://i.imgur.com/bugw1yy_d.webp?maxw ... lity=grand

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:44 am

The most interesting part I've seen from few leaked clips is how two drill/spear looking objects (possibly from the black moon) transform to two smaller spears.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:57 am

It looks like spears are morphed by the use of incredible will power from people.

I.e mistao is able to transform wunder into a new spear using her will / wish

It’s highly possible that gendo changed the spears in 3.0 not by actually switching one but by morphing it through his will power

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”