Shin Eva leak general

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Shin Eva leak general

Postby Jayfive » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 am

I demand that village become known amongst fans as Ghiblitown.
Last edited by Jayfive on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:The sacrifice was needed to stop the ACTUAL impact in progress, which had already destroyed most life on Earth. Shinji’s Near Third Impact wasn’t the cause of all that, it was Mark.06, the 12th Angel and whomever else, in a separate chain of events down in Terminal Dogma.

Wille doesn’t trust what he’ll do as an Eva pilot, but I don’t think they explicitly blame him for the true Third Impact. That’s where Kaworu’s lies come in. (Pardon me if I’m forgetting some dialogue that contradicts this.)

I don't see any spoiler that says Mark.06, the 12th Angel and whomever else caused the Third Impact. It wasn't mentioned in 3.0 either.

All I read is that the Near Third Impact that Shinji started (and was stopped by Kaji 's sacrifice) is the cause of everything. And Wille blames Shinji for Kaji's death too.

So, Kaworu doesn't lie. He also doesn't have a reason to lie and make Shinji feel guilty, since his only goal is to make Shinji happy.

PS: In fact, it is mentioned the Third Impact "purified" all life on the earth. So, if this wasn't stopped, it would destroy all life.
Last edited by Konja7 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:10 am

View Original PostTajai wrote:Do we have a fully accurate translation of the leaked script? I've read a pastebin raw that contained Kaworu and Shinji's supposed dialogue in the train, containing a few lines from Kaji Sr. aswell.

sackboy97 on the discord is translating it front to back, currently at the start of 4i, so I'd say in a day or two we have the closest for a full fan translation that we'll be getting in a while; I've read it, seems to be pretty well-translated as far as I can tell.
With the added up side of having a full fansub script to boot once the time comes
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 am

I just occurred to me -- after the tease in the Avant, Jet Alone never showed up, let alone turning up to save the day.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:15 am

^Jet Alone was parted out to rebuild Eva 02

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:I don't see any spoiler that says Mark.06, the 12th Angel and whomever else caused the Third Impact. It wasn't mentioned in 3.0 either.

That part was from 3.0. Kaworu says Central Dogma (where 06 and the 12th were) was Ground Zero for Third Impact, and when the Angel is freed, Asuka says she's going to kill it before Third Impact can restart.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:^Jet Alone was parted out to rebuild Eva 02

View Original PostKonja7#913873 wrote:I don't see any spoiler that says Mark.06, the 12th Angel and whomever else caused the Third Impact. It wasn't mentioned in 3.0 either.

That part was from 3.0. Kaworu says Central Dogma (where 06 and the 12th were) was Ground Zero for Third Impact, and when the Angel is freed, Asuka says she's going to kill it before Third Impact can restart.

I think I remember that part, but I assumed it was the origin point for the Third Impact that Shinji started.

It was never mentioned Mark 06 and Angel 12th started it. The spoilers for 3.0+1.0 doesn't say this either.

PS: Also, if the theory about Kaworu lying were true, why he would contadict himself?
Last edited by Konja7 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Jayfive » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:29 am

Rather it looks like parts from an unfinished or abandoned JA project were bought/stolen/given/confiscated by NERV and stored in Paris.

They are labelled as JA-02 parts but also labelled as "EVA compatible".
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby arkiel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:30 am

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Wow around $750,000 box office and over half a million views on shin eva’s first day of release in a pandemic and on a monday

And people are so overwhelmed with emotions they're reporting a persistent cough and elevated temperature that seems to have spread to their friends and family. Truly, an empathetic coda to a country that has sacrificed so much in understating the effects of COVID for the sake of moronic economic self-destruction (hosting the Olympics, summoning Akira).
Last edited by arkiel on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:34 am

View Original PostShinEntranoRobô wrote:So, does Kaworu remembers explicitly the events of the anime and EoE?

@ ShinEntranoRobô unfortunately I could not see the movie but it seems that some people who have seen this movie have mentioned on 4chan, Reddit, Twitter and Tumbrl that Kaworu's ability to have the memories of the anime despite the fact that the loop perhaps confirmed in the film does connects Rebuild and NGE thanks to 生命 の 書 : The Book of Life.
According to some spoilers Kaworu would have written Shinji's name on it, this has meant that Kaworu was trapped in a loop in which he always meets Shinji again Kaworu always remains the same character in every Evangelion story so when he dies in a timeline he is reborn in another universe with the memories of its previous incarnations.

Some people say Kaworu wants this and why we will even go to find out thanks that Kaji also worked for Kaworu, he seems to have told him that his desire to want to make Shinji happy is nothing more than a selfish desire to want to feel like a hero or a savior instead and Kaji also tells him that instead he should try to find happiness for himself, it seems that Shinji even compares this obsession of Kaworu for him similar to that of Gendo for Yui. Kaworu realizing that Shinji no longer needs him, he starts crying and he too begins to grow as a person

If I'm honest, I think some of these spoilers tell too much of a crazy story to be considered true. I mean I don't doubt that maybe Kaworu and Shinji could understand that their relationship is toxic to both of them but this story of Kaworu using some kind of magic book to always meet Shinji even involving Kaji in this shit really seems to too mach crazy as a fan fiction with attempts to create a RE-TAKE's counterpart dedicated instead of Asuka and Shinji to Kaworu and Shinji.

I advise you to wait for the ending and other scenes to be leaked somewhere instead of thinking too much about what I wrote.

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:49 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:I think I remember that part, but I assumed it was the origin point for the Third Impact that Shinji started.

It was never mentioned Mark 06 and Angel 12th started it. The spoilers for 3.0+1.0 doesn't say this either.

It WAS actually mentioned and shown, although I admit it’s kind of confusing. I believe that part of the film is meant to overwhelm and confuse the viewer at first.

I recommend rewatching 3.0 again carefully before trying to digest questionably translated spoilers from the new movie.
j.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:50 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
I think I remember that part, but I assumed it was the origin point for the Third Impact that Shinji started.

PS: Also, if the theory about Kaworu lying were true, why he would contadict himself?

Based on the new information we have, It's not that he's lying, it's more that it's a continuous process. Eva 01 started the Third Impact, was stopped by Mark.06, but then it continued between films. The spoilers I've read make it sound like the same thing happens with 4th Impact. Eva-13 started the opening ceremonies in 3.0, it was stopped, and then iirc the Wunders/Vessels start it again? I've read so many different spoilers that it's all gotten a bit muddied. :???:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:55 am

This is just the distinction between a “Near” Impact and an actual one, I think.

Point being, Third Impact is not inevitable because of Shinji’s actions, once Mark.06 cuts it off. If Kaworu/Seele hadn’t intervened again afterward to restart it, it never would have occured at all.
j.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:07 am

This page in Japanese language says to have the information on what is written in the booklet of the film and on the terms that are used in the film regarding certain objects, apparently in the description of one of these terms there is confirmation that the culprit of an infinite cycle in which Shinji is trapped is really Kaworu.
https://ha-navi.com/eva-wo

I also leave you 2 other links where you will find some of the pretty crazy spoilers that is mentioned in my previous post.
https://qmisato.tumblr.com/post/6446655 ... fourth-and
https://www.reddit.com/r/evangelion/com ... ccount_of/

It would appear that Asuka's voice actress wasn't particularly happy with Asuka X Kensuke because she believed Asuka was close enough to Shinji.
https://ha-navi.com/ken-ken
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

os189
Lilith

Postby os189 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:17 am

I do think it's kinda crappy that due to the complexity of these movies, you need to read the movie pamphlet to understand what the hell's going on.

Especially End of Evangelion. I don't think anyone would have had a clue about what we were really seeing if there wasn't such an extensive glossary in the pamphlet that was kindly translated decades ago by fans.

I was underwhelmed by the pamphlet for 3.0 so I didn't buy this one this time, cause not only was the entire 3.0 pamphlet included with the bluray, you can get them super cheap if you just wait a bit as people sell them off. I think I've got all the theatrical pamphlets over the years for only 100 yen a piece.

(Of course I can't read them cause I'm an illiterate dunce.)

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:28 am

View Original PostEvangelion wrote:Are there t-posing Mass Production Evangelions in the background of the supposed EoE beach scene with Shinji and Asuka?

That's an specific question, but a good one nevertheless. I haven't heard anything about it, honestly. I mean, people are saying that the scene in which Shinji admits he loved Asuka is, visually speaking, almost identical to "One More Final: I Need You". However, there appear to be some differences here and there. Asuka seems to have her arm and eyes intact, for example. My bet is that the EVA Series isn't there. But I don't really know.
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:29 am

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:This is just the distinction between a “Near” Impact and an actual one, I think.

Point being, Third Impact is not inevitable because of Shinji’s actions, once Mark.06 cuts it off. If Kaworu/Seele hadn’t intervened again afterward to restart it, it never would have occured at all.

So far, it has never been said Seele or Kaworu restarted the Third Impact.

It seems you want to free Shinji from the blame, but 3.0+1.0 continue to mantain that the Third Impact was started by Shinji (when he wants to save Rei).

In fact, it seems to be mentioned a sacrifice is necessary to stop an Impact. So, it wasn't really stopped at the end of 0.2
Last edited by Konja7 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:32 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:I do think it's kinda crappy that due to the complexity of these movies, you need to read the movie pamphlet to understand what the hell's going on.

An official translation of all this new material might help. We’re reacting in real time to amateur translations of all of this, and clearly not getting the full picture.

I’m waiting to actually see the movie, but it almost seems like Anno gave Kaworu one line of gobbledegook to say as a nod to the sequel/loop theory, and that’s it. It’s irrelevant to the story and not a real explanation of anything, but allows people who NEED a connection to the original show to imagine there is one.

Not saying this is definitely the case, but if there’s more to it, I don’t remember seeing it spelled out so far.
j.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:34 am

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Based on the new information we have, It's not that he's lying, it's more that it's a continuous process. Eva 01 started the Third Impact, was stopped by Mark.06, but then it continued between films. The spoilers I've read make it sound like the same thing happens with 4th Impact. Eva-13 started the opening ceremonies in 3.0, it was stopped, and then iirc the Wunders/Vessels start it again? I've read so many different spoilers that it's all gotten a bit muddied. :???:

I though Gendo wants to create a new Impact. This doesn't seem to be a continuation of the 4th Impact.

illeffeqt
Embryo

Postby illeffeqt » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:37 am

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:So far, it has never been said Seele or Kaworu restar ted the Third Impact.

It seems you want to free Shinji from the blame, but 3.0+1.0 continue to mantain that the Third Impact was started by Shinji (when he wants to save Rei).

In fact, it seems to be mentioned a sacrifice is necessary to stop an Impact. So, it wasn't really stopped at the end of 0.2

You think you’re understanding 3.0+1.0 correctly before even seeing it, despite the fact that you’re misinterpreting 3.0, which has been available in English for almost a decade.

I’m not trying to be mean. Just saying you should forget about spoilers and rewatch the original movies first.
j.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Konja7 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:40 am

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:An official translation of all this new material might help. We’re reacting in real time to amateur translations of all of this, and clearly not getting the full picture.

I’m waiting to actually see the movie, but it almost seems like Anno gave Kaworu one line of gobbledegook to say as a nod to the sequel/loop theory, and that’s it. It’s irrelevant to the story and not a real explanation of anything, but allows people who NEED a connection to the original show to imagine there is one.

Not saying this is definitely the case, but if there’s more to it, I don’t remember seeing it spelled out so far.

The loop exists as his backstory (like Asuka being clone). It also explain why he develop his wish to make Shinji happy (his only goal).

However, the connection with the TV anime is ambiguous.

View Original Postilleffeqt wrote:You think you’re understanding 3.0+1.0 correctly before even seeing it, despite the fact that you’re misinterpreting 3.0, which has been available in English for almost a decade.

I’m not trying to be mean. Just saying you should forget about spoilers and rewatch the original movies first.

How I misinterpret 3.0?

I mean, I don't remember every detail, but I'm pretty sure your theory isn't confirmed in any part of that movie.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”