Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 am

FXArmaros98 wrote:Anno....he's kidding us again, I can't stand him anymore

How is not spoiling his team's entire film in the marketing "kidding us"? The trailer exists to sell the movie. It says certain things are definitely going to be in the film - Shinji, Rei, Asuka, the rest fo the cast, Evangelion Units 01, 02, 13, etc - but they're being smart and using a bonus of animation - the ability to change anything in the shot easily - to not give the audience full context. I would not be surprised if the final backgrounds could count as major spoilers.

The "Anno is a troll" thing continues to to be an odd thing for me.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:36 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Anno....he's kidding us again, I can't stand him anymore

How is not spoiling his team's entire film in the marketing "kidding us"? The trailer exists to sell the movie. It says certain things are definitely going to be in the film - Shinji, Rei, Asuka, the rest fo the cast, Evangelion Units 01, 02, 13, etc - but they're being smart and using a bonus of animation - the ability to change anything in the shot easily - to not give the audience full context. I would not be surprised if the final backgrounds could count as major spoilers.

The "Anno is a troll" thing continues to to be an odd thing for me.

Sorry people I did not mean that they are mishandling the advertising campaign for the film .. What I meant is that Anno with certain previews enjoyed showing us things that have not appeared in previous movies ... To give an example in the preview of 3.0 we were shown what happened after Kaworu stopped the Near Third Impact but instead we were immediately capulted 14 years later, in the first preview of 3.0 + 1.0 we were shown the Eva 08 + 02 which had also obtained its action figure but now it just seems to be an abandoned idea .. I want to hope that some preview scenes may be present in 3.0 + 1.0 as a sort of flashback ... A boy from my continent on a Facebook page dedicated to Eva when they release this trailer out of frustration he wrote jokingly: but will these frames be in the movie :tongue: ?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:00 pm

That’s totally understandable. Yeah, I personally have an aversion to the “Anno is a troll first” thing a lot of people push. Glad that’s not being said here.

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:A boy from my continent on a Facebook page dedicated to Eva when they release this trailer out of frustration he wrote jokingly: but will these frames be in the movie :tongue: ?

I mean I would love if they made a 100% fake trailer. Repeat what happened with the original post credits teaser for 3.0 but this time the misdirection is completely intentional. I’d find that to be awesome. But yeah, not revealing everything in the trailers is what they do. The first 3.0+1.0 teaser from 2018 of Mari in Unit 08 just had her firing at nothing over the ocean. Then a year later we found out she was over Paris fighting an army of Drones. Whatever the team is hiding is likely a lot more exciting than the simple backgrounds in the trailer.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:06 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote: But yeah, not revealing everything in the trailers is what they do. The first 3.0+1.0 teaser from 2018 of Mari in Unit 08 just had her firing at nothing over the ocean. Then a year later we found out she was over Paris fighting an army of Drones. Whatever the team is hiding is likely a lot more exciting than the simple backgrounds in the trailer.

It's so unsettling imagining Evangelion Unit 8 firing at nothing over the ocean, thankfully it's a totally different scenario.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:02 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:That’s totally understandable. Yeah, I personally have an aversion to the “Anno is a troll first” thing a lot of people push. Glad that’s not being said here.
I mean I would love if they made a 100% fake trailer. Repeat what happened with the original post credits teaser for 3.0 but this time the misdirection is completely intentional. I’d find that to be awesome. But yeah, not revealing everything in the trailers is what they do. The first 3.0+1.0 teaser from 2018 of Mari in Unit 08 just had her firing at nothing over the ocean. Then a year later we found out she was over Paris fighting an army of Drones. Whatever the team is hiding is likely a lot more exciting than the simple backgrounds in the trailer.

Almost certainly this trailer is a further misdirection ... Surely the sequence of many scenes will be different in the film ... The only sequence that I personally don't consider a misdirection is Shinji staring angry and full of determination at his father with a damages in the visor even if it is much more likely that between the 2 frames there will be some other scene that will last at least 5 or more minutes ...

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:47 pm

If we're going full Nadia then I'm nervous about Ritsuko.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:58 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:If we're going full Nadia then I'm nervous about Ritsuko.

Well if it is true that 3.0 + 1.0 will take inspiration from the latest episodes of Nadia then Misato, Gendo, Fuyutsuki and Ritsuko are as good as dead ...But maybe Anno that these quotes not only to Nadia but also to Gunbuster just want to have fun making the fans worry, and then give us a much less obvious ending

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:10 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:If we're going full Nadia then I'm nervous about Ritsuko.

So, Misato impregnates Ritsuko? I wonder how that'll work. :bigeyes:

GunmetalSnail429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GunmetalSnail429 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:18 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Please avoid continuing to discuss the loop theory and maybe start focusing on this again
View Original PostGhostlyOcam#904523 wrote:Fellas, I just rewatched the last two episodes of Nadia in case I found something and almost had a heart attack:
I have a baaad feeling about this.

If Shinji is Jean & Gendo is Gargoyle it means that Shinji has shot his father ... I understand that this sounds like a real madness but nothing of this film seems really obvious after such a trailer ...

Man, I REALLY need to watch Nadia now.
God's in his Heaven because He's scared of our superior firepower...-Yui Ikari

Akko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:21 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:

Ever heard of science babies? :wink:
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:24 pm

View Original PostGunmetalSnail429 wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#904649 wrote:Please avoid continuing to discuss the loop theory and maybe start focusing on this again
If Shinji is Jean & Gendo is Gargoyle it means that Shinji has shot his father ... I understand that this sounds like a real madness but nothing of this film seems really obvious after such a trailer ...

Yes all Evangelion fans should see Nadia ... It is truly a very beautiful series not as dark and psychological as Evangelion but it still gives viewers a taste of science fiction, religion, drama, blood and depression ... The biggest difference between the 2 series is that Nadia is not a mecha genre but action and adventure ... I'm sure you will like it ...

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:25 pm

View Original PostAkko wrote:
View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever#904719 wrote:

Ever heard of science babies? :wink:

Lesbians with access to science are a formidable force, indeed.

:jawdrop:

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:34 pm

if there is the necessary tech to make Rei, kaworu and the evas, they absolutely have the means to make lesbian babies :devil:

i wish i had that tech, imagine having a super awesome girlfriend and then have babies that look like her

I'm thinking more of a Mari/Sumire baby tho, unless final explicitly establishes their relationship as familial or mentor-like
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:29 pm

This thread has evolved into something beyond the boundaries of human mental capabilities.
Probably for the best.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:32 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:This thread has evolved into something beyond the boundaries of human mental capabilities.
Probably for the best.

Lol and who knows how it will continue XD

GunmetalSnail429
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GunmetalSnail429 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:34 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostGunmetalSnail429#904722 wrote:

Yes all Evangelion fans should see Nadia ... It is truly a very beautiful series not as dark and psychological as Evangelion but it still gives viewers a taste of science fiction, religion, drama, blood and depression ... The biggest difference between the 2 series is that Nadia is not a mecha genre but action and adventure ... I'm sure you will like it ...

I've got it on my Plex server. I think I'll move it to the front of the queue.
God's in his Heaven because He's scared of our superior firepower...-Yui Ikari

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:48 pm

View Original PostGunmetalSnail429 wrote:
View Original PostFXArmaros98#904726 wrote:I've got it on my Plex server. I think I'll move it to the front of the queue.
Well done, good vision. I assure you that you will not be disappointed, moreover it seems that there is also an OVA that is a sequel to the series, so in the days that we still have to wait the movie at least you will know what to watch ..

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:05 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Many people have noticed that the pose with which the Eva 13 appears resembles that of Kaworu in ep. 24 ... You have also noticed that behind the Eva 13 you can see an orange background similar to a sunset just like in the ep. 24? But the clash between Eva 13 and Eva 01 seems to happen in broad daylight ... Anno....he's kidding us again, I can't stand him anymore and before the movie comes out there are still more than 20 very long days ...

It's called a callback

It happens in videogames of a same franchise

It happens in movies

It happens in TV series

It happens in western comics

It's an anime trailer from a multimillionaire franchise, not the illuminati scrolls. :D :D :D
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:19 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:This thread has evolved into something beyond the boundaries of human mental capabilities.
Probably for the best.

It's exceeding its pseudo-evolved form!
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:57 pm

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:It's exceeding its pseudo-evolved form!

I always loved how blatant Ritsuko's technobabbly exposition was in that scene. Like, the rest of the scene was great, and I get that they needed someone to explain what the hell is going on, but her explanation is just so overly convoluted that there's no way she could have just come up with it on the spot. One minute she's like "What is happening to Unit 1?", and then the next moment she's like "Oh yeah, it's undergoing a metaphysical pseudo-evolution and transforming into a condensed energy condensate and blah blah blah." I always found it kind of funny.

That's a bit off-topic though.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”