Letters on the tapes on Lilith's chamber

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Shun
Lilith

Letters on the tapes on Lilith's chamber

•      
  •      

Postby Shun » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:17 pm

From 1.0:

Does anyone understand what's written on the tapes? Look like letters from the Hebrew alphabet ...
Maybe: הלללאה hallelujah
What is essential is invisible to the eye.
My articles about Evangelion
My Evangelion website

Lacissal
Lilith

Re: Letters on the tapes on Lilith's chamber

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:30 am

Can handle Greek, Cyrillic, Arabic, basic Egyptian hieroglyphics, but somehow never could get to grips with Hebrew script lol

The left hand writing appears to be - He- Yod-(dot)-Lamed ל • י ה ‎
Right hand Lamed- Lamed-dot-then a Dalet or a Resh ל ל‎ • ר

The only bit I'd be confident of reading is the י ה as 'Yah' or short form of Yahweh/God as you said in Hallelujah and the three Lamedhs, though wacking up the contrast on my phone that He looks like a Chet

Given the extreme faintness of the S and the L in the SEELE logo it's also possible there are illegible parts of the Hebrew text

Other considerations might be that the letters where taken from some Kabbalistic source and have a numerical significance like the Gematria, or that they've transcribed some opf the letters wrong- or like the dots included part of the masorah, or ath the extreme end of things wrote a name from English to Hebrew but transcribed it from left to right instead of from right to left.

Hebrew alphabet chart for reference https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81A09Yq0-yL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: Letters on the tapes on Lilith's chamber

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:25 am

The set on the left, reading right to left, appears to be Lamed-Gimel-Resh-Nun, or perhaps Lamed-Gimel-Heh? It's really very hard to say. לִילִית is "Lilith" so the image on the right side is a reversed Lilith.

So if the image on the left is reversed it should be... Vav-Resh/Dalet-Aleph/Gimel(?)-Lamed. I think?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”