Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:56 am

I don't see anybody on twitter who has watched 3.33 say anything about new plug suits or new scenes or whatever.

My guess is they just aren't noticing the plug suits. And that there are no major changes.

And there doesn't seem to be a new teaser, or at least not any new footage.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:15 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I mean, they must finally be getting their well-deserved vacation

It hasn't been a good year for anyone, especially for our boys and girls working at Khara. They sure as hell deserve this break, and I hope they make the most of it. And I also hope Anno can continue the projects he wants to do without having the weight of 3.0+1.0 lie within his shoulders. He deserves some rest aswell, the poor man.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:40 am

Considering the Rebuild tetralogy was one of the (if not THE) reasons why Khara was established in the first place, pretty sure Shin's completion marks an important point in their history. It takes way longer than expected but I'm happy to see it finally ending.

Cheers to everyone involved! :gendo_yay:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:22 pm

Eva 3.0 is still 95 minutes, so no extra scenes as some got to suspect (what's up with the alternate plug suits then??). I think it's fair to say they just rereleased the films as is. Final marketing push will surely follow soon.

Please, do not double post unless either a substantial amount of time has passed from your previous post or you consider it absolutely necessary. If you wish to add something, just edit your original post, don't post a new post or a "refined" version of your previous one. Thank you.
-Zusuchan

Edit: I didn't even notice I double posted lol
Sometimes this seems to happen accidentally.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:23 am

Megumi Ogata made a cryptic Eva-related thread just now, she said she received a 'report' yesterday (she sounds rather surprised about it) and asked everyone to look forward to it and see it early so they won't get spoiled.

I find the second tweet hitting me hard: "This is the last of Evangelion. Thank you."

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Zusuchan » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:05 am

kuribo-04: I don't know about how much double posts happen accidentally, but accidents every once in a while are alright. I just want to make sure that people understand that double posts aren't encouraged.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:30 am

GhostlyOcam wrote:"This is the last of Evangelion. Thank you."

She just reaffirmed what the last promotional poster already said: "Bye-bye, all of EVANGELION".
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby ErgoProxy » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:33 am

GhostlyOcam, I read her (via Google Translate) as encouraging us to see the movie early, not the enigmatic "report", as if she was expecting some spoiler madness in the 'Net soon after the release. Also:

Ogata Megumi on Twitter wrote:I'm just talking about myself being baptized.

- what -
JUSTICE & MERCY

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:47 am

Baptism is just a natural part of watching an Evangelion finale. Didn't you know? :nyao:

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:59 am

Don't they ususally use "report" to refer to trailers?

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 am

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:GhostlyOcam, I read her (via Google Translate) as encouraging us to see the movie early, not the enigmatic "report"

A reminder that I should crosscheck my wordings before posting since that's totally what I meant. :D

kuribo-04 wrote:Don't they ususally use "report" to refer to trailers?

I think the kanji used for all the teasers are 特報 (Special News) instead of 報告 (report). I'm expecting the possible final long trailer to be called 予告 (preview).

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:43 am

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:- what -

Yeah,『洗礼』(senrei) means “baptism”, but what Ogata-san meant is that she was blessed/received a blessing (『その洗礼を受けた』) for her work on Evangelion.

It’s hard to explain, is basically a Japanese expression.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:44 am

Sounds promising I guess
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:21 pm

I pointed out how december 24, january 3 and january 13 are the next "key dates" we could see a trailer, since we get important news every 10 days. I forgot something obvious though: Shin Eva trailers have always released together with a new animated Toho film.

Looking at animated films Toho is releasing between now and Shin Eva...unless I'm missing something, there isn't much (I went out of my way to try to decipher the Japanese Wikipedia Toho page, since the English one doesn't even mention a film as important as Demon Slayer). We have the End of Eva rerelease, but I doubt they'd release a trailer with that. Only old film I could have seen a trailer coming with was 3.0.

As for new films, we have two animated films on the same day: december 25. Being Poupelle of Chimney Town and the newest Pokémon film, Pokémon: Coco.

I have a feeling this might be it bros.

Here's the list:
https://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%9D%B1%E5%AE%9D%E3%81%AE%E6%98%A0%E7%94%BB%E4%BD%9C%E5%93%81%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%80%E8%A6%A7

Btw End of Eva comes out january 8, but only in 5 cities.

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:57 pm

The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:40 pm

∆ If Covid were an issue, cinemas would be closed already.

I'm probably on the much more cautious side regarding Covid, and I've voiced before that I don't like Eva coming out during this time. But as I posted before, it seems infections don't occur in cinemas. At least that's what they say, and I hope it's true.

Also contrast Japan with other places. I'm in Germany now. Population of 80 million, 30.000 cases a day. In the meantime, Japan, with a population of 125 million seems to have ~3000 cases a day. It's fair to say they've handled it better. I'm not surprised.

Does this mean it is riskless to have cinemas open? At this point I don't think my opinion contributes anything. I just don't know. But I have a feeling this will move forward.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:03 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:Also contrast Japan with other places. I'm in Germany now. Population of 80 million, 30.000 cases a day. In the meantime, Japan, with a population of 125 million seems to have ~3000 cases a day. It's fair to say they've handled it better. I'm not surprised.

That's a bit of an apples/oranges comparison tho - a lot of Asian countries did as well as they did because they had to deal with a similar virus a few years prior - because of their bigger population densities they had to have preexisting disease control infrastructure, & mask wearing was already mainstream . That's also why most of Africa did super well (excluding warzones & the odd science denying government), they had lots of infrastructure from past outbreaks (& generally younger populations, unlike Europe or Asia which are full of old ppl - also epidemics would have been common just 20 years ago so people there don't fuck around as much, whereas in the west we have crap like antivaxxers because no one remembered epidemics anymore... until now)

Europe hadn't really seen a major plague since the Spanish flu also population density is fairly low (My Indian ex fiance considered the moderately-sized Saarbrücken a creepy-ass ghost town) so stuff like the seasonal flu was not enough of an annoyance to make mask wearing necessary before. And people travel & drive around a whole lot. We were basically completely unprepared sitting ducks.

If you really want to compare government performance it makes sense to compare countries in similar regions that started with similar situations & resources. Germany is doing waaay better than, say, France or Britain. (Not saying everything was perfect - the initial response was delayed & we did have crappy anti mask protesters, sigh, they're such an embarassment)
Meanwhile Japan is doing much worse than its neighbors despite being as island country. South Korea & Vietnam did much better.
It also has a far right strongman leader, and those did worse than comparable countries on every single continent...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:18 pm

^
I will not comment about my country, I'm really ashamed.

kuribo-04 wrote:As for new films, we have two animated films on the same day: december 25. Being Poupelle of Chimney Town and the newest Pokémon film, Pokémon: Coco.

Is it possible for an Evangelion trailer to be shown during the Pokémon film? I mean, the demographics are differents, unless in Japan things work differently.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:35 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:^
Is it possible for an Evangelion trailer to be shown during the Pokémon film? I mean, the demographics are differents, unless in Japan things work differently.

Given the sheer number of people playing Pokemon Go, I'd say that there are a lot of adult fans of Pokemon who grew up exposed to it in the 90s, and who would've grown up to see Evangelion too.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:36 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:Is it possible for an Evangelion trailer to be shown during the Pokémon film? I mean, the demographics are differents, unless in Japan things work differently.

Maybe they could even show a trailer in front of both movies. Demographic is kinda different, but at the same time both things are pretty mainstream too, so there is some coinciding audience I'm sure.

I'd say the previous trailers released with pretty different films from Eva as well (Mamoru Hosoda's Mirai no Mirai, Makoto Shinkai's Weathering with You and lastly the Demon Slayer film).

And don't worry, we're all surrounded by people making really dumb decisions as far as Corona goes.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”