Stuff you might have missed in Q

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Fredsq
Embryo

Stuff you might have missed in Q

•      
  •      

Postby Fredsq » Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 pm

I didn’t feel like bumping an old thread, so I created this one with some stuff I recently found out whilst rewatching Q. I DID read the whole thread or almost all of it, so I’m fairly sure these weren’t mentioned before:

SPOILER: Show

Hirnstamm is german for Brain Stem. It’s as though that sphere plug thing Misato and the bridge bunnies use is the brain of the Wunder. Yet another german-nervous-system-related-term, quite interesting.

L-Barrier Density

At this still, they’re getting sorted to force-ignite the Wunder. Asuka is the one chosen to do the shocking of Eva-01 because the Barrier Density is too high. Apparently this L-Barrier is what makes things turn to core upon touch, I’m inclined to think.

Asuka clearly expands her AT-Field despite having no prospects of engaging in battle under the sea. It’s probably due to the barrier.

When they finally start the Wunder, said barriers are again briefly mentioned – although a bit more vague, this one could be about something totally different. This led me to imagine Wille’s literally playing with fire, having to be extremely careful during sync with the Wunder not to get in touch with the L-Barrier.

At the very end of Q, Asuka mentions Lilin can’t pick them up there, because the L-Barrier is too dense over there.
This insinuates only Lilin+ (that’s how I’m naming the pilots under the "Curse of Eva”, term borrowed from the Next Time Preview of Jo/Ha) can survive the L-Barrier, probably because they can manifest AT Fields of their own, thus avoiding being invaded by the contamination. Angel Sealing Hexes would work the same way repulsing the L-Barrier, hence Asuka’s eyepatch and any other contamination risk structure, like the Vatican Treaty vault, Tabgha Base and Gendou’s office.

[s]Now comes some proper weird stuff:[/s]

[s]I can’t believe I missed this one for so long. I’ve only just noticed theres a nerve-like root coming out of the Wunder’s “chest” right after Asuka shocks it (Eva-01?). Right afterwards it explodes, just about the same way Mark 09’s eyes create explosions or any other angel with this ability. What is that?[/s]
That’s Eva 02’s mechanic arm, as Cobui from reddit found out. The nerves are growing over Eva 02’s shoulder joint and after that it becomes core and promptly explodes. Mystery solved, lol

Mods: You’re welcome to join this thread with the old one if you’d like.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 11, 2015 4:48 pm

Just a note, the way "Lilin+ " was rendered in the Preview, it was more akin to "Lilin + ADAMS/whatever else/whatever else", not "Lilin+" as some super-powered human.

Interesting stuff you caught!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon May 11, 2015 5:17 pm

Certainly the multiple mentions of "barrier" deserve to be considered to see if they really form a unity. I guess it would help if someone could verify that they all correspond to the same Japanese term, though.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Fredsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredsq » Mon May 11, 2015 5:31 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Just a note, the way "Lilin+ " was rendered in the Preview, it was more akin to "Lilin + ADAMS/whatever else/whatever else", not "Lilin+" as some super-powered human.

Interesting stuff you caught!

Really? That’s a bummer, I quite liked the term :(

Certainly the multiple mentions of "barrier" deserve to be considered to see if they really form a unity. I guess it would help if someone could verify that they all correspond to the same Japanese term, though.

Yeah I’d appreciate if someone could be so kind, I know subtitles are not always reliable.

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Sat May 16, 2015 1:29 pm

If I'm hearing this right, Asuka's phrase in the end and the one about EVA 01 in the Wunder use the same "kekkai mitsudo" for "barrier density" so they probably the same thing. What really interesting here is that Kaoru calls the barrier around Lilith's chamber... well, "Lilith's barrier".
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Fredsq
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredsq » Mon May 18, 2015 9:14 pm

View Original PostSigner wrote:If I'm hearing this right, Asuka's phrase in the end and the one about EVA 01 in the Wunder use the same "kekkai mitsudo" for "barrier density" so they probably the same thing. What really interesting here is that Kaoru calls the barrier around Lilith's chamber... well, "Lilith's barrier".

You mean “the lid”? I’m inclined to think the L-Barrier is somewhat abstract and more of a density of core-transforming atoms or whatever rather than a real, physical barrier. Although the terminology is once again tricky

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Tue May 19, 2015 7:20 am

Yes, "the lid". I agree that it is probably something different. But it is not unthinkable for this core-transforming atoms to form a physical barrier if density is high enough. Otherwise it would really seem that corefication is only EVA 01's doing.
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”