Worst Case Scenario Ending?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:24 am

I can also assure you that Shinji won't die. That would be to good for him. he will live even if we get no sensible reason for him to stay alive. Some sort "reason to live" will be sticked to his ass as an exuse to keep him alive since killing him wouldn't fit Anno's preach. So whatever happen, Shinji won't die. He may watch as others die and feel like shit for that, but he himself will survive, despite everything. He is like Coyote Willie after all.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 am

One outcome that would make everything much worse for the characters (but much cooler for us) would be if Shinji, Asuka and ReiQ stumbled across Soul Edge, which had manifested there in response to the gathering of destruction and delicious souls to feast upon.

Imagine Nightmare Shinji.

Now imagine Nightmare Unit 01. Complete with Lance-form Soul Edge.

Terrifying. But awesome.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 am

Nightmare? Shinji or Eva at this level of despair would go straight into NightTerror. But alas, too cool to happen.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 am

View Original PostSEELE wrote:Sir you need a oscar. If they (Anno) do it that way ... god in his heaven.

My worst nightmare from tvtropes  SPOILER: Show
Friend and I came up with this: At the end 5th impact starts. Using Unit-01 Shinji will literaly wrestle control of the event, making it do what he want. This tears both the Eva and Shinji to pieces, as a burst of energy covers the earth. Then we have Misato, Asuka, Rei, whoever is left recover the entry plug. The find a mangled and dying Shinji who asks them to show him. His last words are "It's so beautiful. I'm happy." We then see that Shinji has restored life to the planet, making a beautiful natural Eden for everyone to live in, that he himself will never be able to experience.

That would be horrorfying!

id be completely and utterly fine with this.

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Worst case? As in, very worst case?

Well, here goes.

Not Safe For Sanity  SPOILER: Show
Asuka hauls catatonic Shinji off to a ruined hospital, still filled with core-ified corpses. She rips off her plugsuit and reveals herself to be a double-pronged futa with genital warts, and then simultaneously bones ReiQ and Shinji until their legs are broken. Then Mari, in her skin-tight plugsuit, attached to a bungee cord and covered in grease, slides onto the scene, grabs the 3 kids and brings them back to the Wunder. When Shinji awakes, he is confronted by Misato and Gendo, who reveal they have been in cahoots the whole time, arranging the impacts and the events of the 3 films just to torment Shinji. They then submerge him and ReiQ in a tub filled with tabasco sauce and angry crayfish until he says he is the worst protagonist ever. Then, out of nowhere, a rescue team made of Mana Kirishima, Naruto, Waffle from Sugar Sugar Rune, and the entire cast of Mars of Destruction blasts a hole in the side of the Wunder and "rescue" Shinji, leaving ReiQ to be devoured by crayfish. Then that turns out to be another sham by Gendo, Misato and co, and Shinji is forced to watch Yui being absorbed by Unit 01 over and over again until he's gone blind from crying. Then double-futa Asuka and Mari (who is a TRIPLE futa with leperosy, and also voiced by a meth-addled Anno) appear and violate him, also violating Pen-Pen. Finally, the film turns into a back-to-back uncut compilation of the Umineko anime with Kaworu's rotting corpse inserted into every scene, ending with futa Asuka and Mari climbing out of the TV/film screen and raping the viewer.

Also, the animation is done by Gonzo, the writing by Issei Mataloun and Adam Kadmon, and the directing done by a Yamakan/Mamoru Oshii duet.

And that, my friends, is the absolute worst case scenario for FINAL. If there is any way to make this worse, then god help us all.

if Misato is revealed to be all out bad or some shit i will burn this mother fucker down!

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:I was about to reply to SEELE that it can be worse, that Shinji can die in his attempt to fix everything and then it's revealed that it failed to fix anything and worse, it resurrected the Angels!

... but Stillborn's answer completely spoiled the mood. :|

yes that would be very very bad

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:59 am

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:id be completely and utterly fine with this.

if Misato is revealed to be all out bad or some shit i will burn this mother fucker down!

yes that would be very very bad

Nah, com'n Shinji doesn't have to pay this way. He should be treated like a little homeless, starved and sweet puppy. He is soooo adorable :3. He has good intentions and is a pure heart. And likely the last "nice" guy on this whole planet. Besides Dead!Kaji. I hate it to see Shinji suffer anymore. I would be fine with this to but only in my worst case scenario. It should be considerd the least possiblity.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

artesox
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby artesox » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:44 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:I can assure you that your worst case of ending won't come to be, since it gives too much credit to Shinji and as 2.22 and Q showed, Shinji can't do anything on his own and needs an intelligent master to point him in only proper direction.

That is kinda true, Shinji was shown to be "dumb", but I disagree about where the thematic is going with this, Mari did say to Shinji that he should try to learn how the world works.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

^

Further, there is a big gulf between 'dumb' and 'naive.' I'd say Shinji is more the latter than the former.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:^

Further, there is a big gulf between 'dumb' and 'naive.' I'd say Shinji is more the latter than the former.

Cause nobody ever BOTHERED to condition him how to think and see the world how it is. He's been abandoned all his life with barely any social conditioning. Yes, he's selfish, but look at the circumstances of his life. He's been mentally conditioned to think that people only NEED him cause he's useful or he can pull of all these crazy stunts, but never because someone actually WANTS him or cares for him, and everything that has transpired hasn't done much to prove that otherwise to him.

People only want him around or keep him around cause he's either useful or a threat, and even then, they shut him out, cause nobody wants to deal with him. So, in his mind, after all that has happened, why should he give a damn anymore? :( It's sad. Very sad.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:55 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:People only want him around or keep him around cause he's either useful or a threat, and even then, they shut him out, cause nobody wants to deal with him. So, in his mind, after all that has happened, why should he give a damn anymore? :( It's sad. Very sad.

Why? Because Anno says so. I'm telling you. He will be shown and told something in FINAL that will make him realise how awful human being he is, but others in their "endless genereosity, towards hoplessly stupid" will offfer him their forgiveness for being idiot if he does X exactly as they tell him. And so he will gratefully does what he is told, finding smidget of happiness in chance to spend rest of his life repenting for his heinous crimes of being ignorant teenager and trying to be happy.
I'm calling it (among other things I called already).
Another jaded man.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 pm

^ :bored:

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm bored as well, but that's a given when everything is so predictible and the punchline so obvious :shrug:
Another jaded man.

UBERGEEKZILLA
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby UBERGEEKZILLA » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

In the End everyone dies, but do to Eva and Angel contamination, Shinji, Rei, Asuka, and mari become giant naked beings. and in order to regrow the human race Shinji splits into the three and the characters have sex across the galaxy and lay their eggs on numerous planets.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:29 pm

That will be justified if there's a post-credits scene of Asuka shrieking at Shinji while she lays an egg.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:32 pm

I know we're all bored while waiting for news, but let's stay serious.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:32 pm

It turns out it was just a bad dream, a much older Asuka wakes up in bed and hears the shower running, she slowly makes her way to the shower, she can't see who is inside due to all the steam, she nervously reaches out and opens the shower door revealing a very naked Shinji, she then proceeds to scream baka and knocks him unconscious...the end.

Rodeo
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rodeo » Fri May 02, 2014 4:58 am

Worst case scenario would be something along the lines of the manga ending. I'm not talking about the timeloop aspect either, I just don't want to see the world returning back to normal (read: present day Japan) with Shinji going back to school, Asuka marrying and having children. That sort of thing.
These are larger than life characters in a larger than life world, you can have them nobly sacrifice themselves in combat against the evil overlord, you can send them ten thousand years into the future, you can leave them to an uncertain future in a barren post apocalyptic world. What you can't do however is have them become salarymen and housewives.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri May 02, 2014 5:23 am

^At this point, things like Ikuhara's request to "Please make Rei old, ugly and pregnant (which he somehow equates with maturity? Jerk.) in the last episode!" come in.

While I disagree with nasty fanfic writer methods, the point that larger-than-life-ness is a myth still stands.

If they died heroic deaths, that would be plenty cool alright, but it would be a sad thing.

To get to a degree of normalcy will not be a trivial challenge for any of them. That is the real adventure, or at least what they've been selling us as it from day one, wether you buy it or not. You just want 'splosions, you get another anime.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Fri May 02, 2014 5:29 am

View Original PostRodeo wrote:Worst case scenario would be something along the lines of the manga ending. I'm not talking about the timeloop aspect either, I just don't want to see the world returning back to normal (read: present day Japan) with Shinji going back to school, Asuka marrying and having children. That sort of thing.
These are larger than life characters in a larger than life world, you can have them nobly sacrifice themselves in combat against the evil overlord, you can send them ten thousand years into the future, you can leave them to an uncertain future in a barren post apocalyptic world. What you can't do however is have them become salarymen and housewives.

Consider it. If you consider this sort of ending you won't be suprised. I do the same. Then even if it happens (what i dont wish for too) you wont be suprised by Anno. In Nadia happens something like "Baby's ever after" so Anno seemingly capable to do something like that ending.

I think i mentioned it a site before. A heroic sacrifice from Shinji would literally break my heart :asuka_sad: . Not because it is sad ... but because it is Shinji of all people. And as backround music something like this will be played [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwDOX3N2wZU[/url]. I would start crying like a little Japanese schoolgirl. God i hate Anno in advance. And some of you might asking me: But what about Kaworu's heroic sacrifice? Nah, he dies everytime onscreen so he doesn't count at all.

If they died heroic deaths, that would be plenty cool alright, but it would be a sad thing.

Yeah that is what i think, too. -o-;
Last edited by SEELE on Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Firetrout
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Firetrout » Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 am

The Evas fuse into a Giant Naked Anno and unspeakably terrible mindscrews ensue, rendering all previous plot development worthless.

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Fri May 02, 2014 10:44 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:To get to a degree of normalcy will not be a trivial challenge for any of them.

"Not trivial" doesn't mean "good". But yes, with all Kaworu's talks about finding peace (really, his monologue before the death was the worst part of Q), it may be what they are trying to sell. And it would mean, that Mari is going to be bored to death, because I don't see her happily living normal live in normal world. Add Shinji's refusal of instrumentality for some contradictory reason like "it would be too easy otherwise" with removal of Curse of Eva and eventual (but not shown, of course) death of all cast members, let everyone forget about Rei II and make Gendo give up, because Yui is angry with him for his poor treating of Shinji - I can't, at the moment, imagine significantly worse to actually happen.
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”