More Eva? (Recent news: "Rebuild" Newtype article)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:01 pm

Alfonso wrote:Will Kaworu be introduced sooner and actually serve as one of the proper Children? :o

I wouldn't look too deeply into it. The illustration is about as generic as one can possibly get. Three main Evas + pilots = WOW I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT BEFORE!!!

Kaworu is there for all the yaoi fangirls.

Toji isn't there because he lacks commercial value.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Gendo
Embryo

Postby Gendo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 am

As long as they bring the old gang back I can't wait(some new additional characters will be great too.)
And with a big possibility of a Cowboy Bebop continuation ohhh man, I can't waiit for sure.
-The Fate of Destruction is also the joy of rebirth-

Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:31 am

Reichu wrote:
Alfonso wrote:Will Kaworu be introduced sooner and actually serve as one of the proper Children? :o

I wouldn't look too deeply into it. The illustration is about as generic as one can possibly get. Three main Evas + pilots = WOW I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT BEFORE!!!

True, true. Still, they don't usually show Kaworu in a plugsuit with such art, so they? I've only seen three pictures with him in it... the 'All the Children together' art, the one of him floating in front of Lilith, and in the poster I have hanging on my wall.

But yeah, probably means nothing. :P

Toji isn't there because he lacks commercial value.

And there was me thinking he wasn't there because he sucked. :>

*dodges knifes and fruit thrown by Touji fans* D:
[insert generic 'Asuka is hot' signature here]

WES512
Adam

Postby WES512 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:16 am

International Movie Data Base. This web site has the biggest compilation of information from both movies and TV series in the world. Today I found that they have uploaded 3 of the 4 evangelion movies, strangely from 2 to 4. But, even though I'm registered as a member of this site, the links to the three movies have been locked. It's needed a paid account to view the information. What could they have to make this information non-accessible at the moment?
[url]http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=evangelion[/url]
Probably there may not be any information at all. But even if this is the case, there is no need to lock the links. I find it suspicious.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:48 am

Those trixsy bastards... I guess they figure only Eva Otaku want their hearsay, and chances are they'll pay for it...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:23 pm

Gendo wrote:And with a big possibility of a Cowboy Bebop continuation

B..b..b..but Image ... dyke spies!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:00 pm

WES512 wrote:Probably there may not be any information at all. But even if this is the case, there is no need to lock the links. I find it suspicious.

Well, they have 3 movies for 2008, but at least the first on of the 4 is announced for 2007 on the official website

http://www.evangelion.co.jp/theater.html

I think they locked the artciles because it's such a big news. Everyone wants to profit from this. But I wouldn't be so sure as to pay, that they have something juicy there now.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:26 pm

iMDB is a wiki-like page; all the info is contributed by users. The relevant sections may have been locked to prevent them from becoming a hive of half-truths and rumor-mongering.

Gendo
Embryo

Postby Gendo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:37 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Gendo wrote:And with a big possibility of a Cowboy Bebop continuation

B..b..b..but Image ... dyke spies!

Well you can't be realy sure for that. You did read Watanbe's interview, didnt you? SPOILER link ahead for Cowboy Bebop: I AM A SPOILER LINK

Thank you for sorting my link, I was trying to find a way but the only thing I could think of was Link :/

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:59 pm

'Welcome. The link was so long that it distorted the forum, so I used my magic powers to make everything better.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Gendo wrote:Thank you for sorting my link, I was trying to find a way but the only thing I could think of was Link :/

other way around, url=<link> with the name between the open and closing tags.

Sventevith
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Sventevith » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:41 pm

I'm still on page 7 reading up on the thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm thrilled and I will anticipate something good - if it isn't, well, I have those 6 months of depression and obsession after I had seen the anime that nothing can take away from me. :)

/edit

The only thing I hope for is the same voice actors.
"Meglio soli che mal accompagnati."

rei on your parade
Embryo

Postby rei on your parade » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:35 am

Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:46 am

The hell? o_o

It says 'EVA at work' above the link to the flash on the main page, so it might not have anything to do with the new movies.

But yay for Angel face. :D

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:49 am

Alfonso wrote:The hell? o_o

It says 'EVA at work' above the link to the flash on the main page, so it might not have anything to do with the new movies.

That is typically merchandise related to Eva--nothing whatsoever to do with movie so don't worry yourself over it.
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Alfonso
Adam

Postby Alfonso » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:51 am

bp32 wrote:
Alfonso wrote:The hell? o_o

That is typically merchandise related to Eva--nothing whatsoever to do with movie so don't worry yourself over it.

I know, hence why I said that it probably doesn't have anything to do with the new movies. :O

Probably shouldn't have said 'might' through. Totally screwed over the meaning of what I said and made me look like an idiot. :< The uncertainness came over whether the 'EVA at work' was directly refering to the link below, because that flash looks pretty weird, even for the EVA at work stuff.

*wants Lilith plate*

Gendo
Embryo

Postby Gendo » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:03 pm

oh man, now with Solid State society coming on dvd and defently a ghost in the shell: SAC:3rd GiG season on the works, I sure as hell can't wait. Best year of announcements!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:44 pm

SAC 3rd GIG?

Where!? Where!?

SwiftBass
Embryo

Postby SwiftBass » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:21 pm

Sventevith wrote:I'm still on page 7 reading up on the thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm thrilled and I will anticipate something good - if it isn't, well, I have those 6 months of depression and obsession after I had seen the anime that nothing can take away from me. :)

/edit

The only thing I hope for is the same voice actors.

your avatar please tell me what pic thats from a link etc???
"man is scared of darkness so he pokes at edges of it with flame"

~Ayanami Rei~

SwiftBass
Embryo

Postby SwiftBass » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:03 pm

a bit random

I dont give a damn about how they do the OST, because it will never come close to the OST's of the original. I had to get that off my chest, because I just went through my extensive Evangelion OST collection and its the greatest i can think of.(Eureka seveN, hellsing, GITS, Kare kano , FLCL has good ones too IMO).

anyway they ARENT going to top their OSTs. even if they reunited do as infinity, got x Japan to make something, and re-assembled the seatbelts[bebop guys]

not saying shiro sagisu lost his touch but something tells me they're going in a diferent direction with the music for the movies
"man is scared of darkness so he pokes at edges of it with flame"

~Ayanami Rei~

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”