3.0 Unexplained Stuff Speculation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:47 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charsi
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Charsi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah. Just took a look myself, nothing. There's a nameplate at the start, completely different organization. Oh well.

jeppjepp
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jeppjepp » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:20 pm

View Original PostJay wrote:Correct. Though, as of Evangelion 3.0, SEELE no longer exists. As we find out that its members were 'euthanized' and their monoliths destroyed. The primary antagonist in R:EVA is now NERV, led by commander Ikari.

Yea, we are just trying to conclude what the coffins are. SEELE was pretty different from regular series if they actually had control over the angels.

Do we know what destroyed SEELE?
plingplng

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:22 pm

View Original PostJay wrote:Correct. Though, as of Evangelion 3.0, SEELE no longer exists. As we find out that its members were 'euthanized' and their monoliths destroyed. The primary antagonist in R:EVA is now NERV, led by commander Ikari.

Someone on /a/ mentioned that they did not die that way.

In the new rip they clearly are there, we see their Monoliths.
It was mentioned that they 'die' at the 4th Impact while Gendo speaking with them, and shutting down in the SWOOOSH noise.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:23 pm

So was Fourth Impact partly Gendo pulling a fast one on SEELE? :chinscratch:

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Hard to tell untill we know it for sure, but if it holds to be true this puts some light on the dimension of the 4th Impact at least.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 pm

I mean was getting offed by Fourth Impact what they wished for? Or was this Gendo's coup d'etat?

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ramiel² » Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:32 pm

I think the more accurate question would if SEELE expected impact to be stopped in the middle of tanging, i mean for all we can tell we dont know if they are like stored in some kind of Soul-Buffer or whatever.

I absolutely think it would fit into Gendos whole character, he predicts everything...

Jay
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:11 pm

View Original PostRamiel² wrote:Someone on /a/ mentioned that they did not die that way.

In the new rip they clearly are there, we see their Monoliths.
It was mentioned that they 'die' at the 4th Impact while Gendo speaking with them, and shutting down in the SWOOOSH noise.

I can't verify if what you are saying is correct or not. I've heard from three seemingly reliable sources, two of which were here on Evageeks forum, that Kozo Fuyutsuki kills (or euthanizes) all of Seele's members at their own behest, with Chairman Keel Lorenz even thanking Kozo before he kills him. After which their monoliths are vaporized or destroyed and replaced by coffins. I don't know when this happens in the film or even IF it happens, but according what you've said, it happens near the very end, during 4th Impact. If true, my statement that NERV has become the central antagonist would hold true. If not true, then I dunno....

duo_rei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby duo_rei » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 am

View Original PostJay wrote:I can't verify if what you are saying is correct or not. I've heard from three seemingly reliable sources, two of which were here on Evageeks forum, that Kozo Fuyutsuki kills (or euthanizes) all of Seele's members at their own behest, with Chairman Keel Lorenz even thanking Kozo before he kills him. After which their monoliths are vaporized or destroyed and replaced by coffins. I don't know when this happens in the film or even IF it happens, but according what you've said, it happens near the very end, during 4th Impact. If true, my statement that NERV has become the central antagonist would hold true. If not true, then I dunno....

Yes Fuyutsuki did exactly that, "pulling-the-plugs" (the monoliths changed from red to grey, and the numbers on them were replaced by what looked like brains). I can't remember the exact timing, either just before or as Fourth Impact began. But then Gendoh also said at the VERY end (after they "killed" all SEELE members) that everything is still going as per SEELE's plan, (IMO) even including the abortion of Fourth Impact.
That sure left me very confused @_@ Does that mean whatever Gendoh has in mind are only gonna come into effect now (after Q)??

The coffin scene with Kaworu, SEELE and half-finished Mark 6 intrigued me as well. I was convinced whatever were in those 4 unopened coffins must be the 4 shadows shown during the SEELE children's assembly shot and/or ghost-like-beings-with-halos. But then those things were associated with the black screen "ADAMS" right? So in Rebuild there are something like 5 Adams including Kaworu?? orz

Oh, and I do remember seeing dead red EVA's (specifically their arms) coming out of balconies in apartment buildings in Tokyo 3. The thought of those things having "evolved" from residents living there really creeps me out....

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Mystery of the red Evas and related stuff now in Impact Mechanics, yoroshiku~

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/576970/SPOILERS-Impact-Mechanics/#576970
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm

View Original PostJay wrote:I don't know when this happens in the film

View Original Postduo_rei wrote:Yes Fuyutsuki did exactly that, "pulling-the-plugs" (the monoliths changed from red to grey, and the numbers on them were replaced by what looked like brains). I can't remember the exact timing, either just before or as Fourth Impact began.

It's right before the "Ode to Joy" sequence.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm

What about gendos glasses ? many thins its a seele mind control thing, i think it maybe simpler as the fact his face got bathed in eva unit 01 blood, so maybe it damaged his eyes ?
ANATA BAKA !?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”