[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 pm

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:Kouji: truly an absurdity! Well, like Kaji said, she's an interesting Captain (Misato) [まーったく無茶をする。ま、加持の話より、面白い艦長だ]

That pretty much confirms (to me) Kaji is alive. They wouldn't bring up important side character who is dead in such lighthearted manner

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't think anything either confirms or denies that Kaji is alive, cause Anno probably hasn't decided yet.

If he needs him in the next one, we'll see him. If not, we'll probably never see or hear of him again, same as Shinji's classmates.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Well, like Kaji said, she's an interesting Captain

Misato was a Lt Colonel at the end of 2.0. So Kaji must have been alive at least since the formation of WILLE and her taking charge of the Katsuragi Party Bus.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 pm

That is not reference to military rank of captain but the fact Misato is captain of battleship: 艦長/kanchou

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Nevertheless, for Kaji to have used the word 'captain' and have had said it to this particular person must count for something.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Wirru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wirru » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm

View Original Postdummysystem wrote:I have a question about the 6mn trailer ( I don't have seen 3.0) : anyone has noticed @4:30 the use of a Nadia's music ?
The title of that song is Babel no Hikari ( Light of Babel ) and I cannot think that this song is in eva just by miracle ( or mistake).

I actually think Sagisu is going through and paying homeage to all the past GAINAX works by including some soundtracks he's written for those works.

From 2.0, Champions Robe (2nd impact flashback piece) and Traquility (Misato and Asuka's phonecall before EVA 03 launch) were reaarangements from Kare Kano.

I don't think it has any significance regarding story though.
When there is a Wirru, There is a Way.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 pm

View Original Postdummysystem wrote:Hi,
recently joined evageeks but I consulted the site since a long time (here is for the presentation)
I have a question about the 6mn trailer ( I don't have seen 3.0) : anyone has noticed @4:30 the use of a Nadia's music ?
The title of that song is Babel no Hikari ( Light of Babel ) and I cannot think that this song is in eva just by miracle ( or mistake).
This is not the first time that some element of a Gainax production is referred in another production.
But I'm just curious if other music of Nadia is in Q , and what could be the meaning.
In Nadia, the song appeared mostly when The Babel's tower starts to fire and communicate with a satellite in space.

Just watch, Anno will pull another troll and reveal that Adam and Lilith were created by the Atlanteans and that Neo-Atlantis was pulling the strings behind Seele the entire time.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:53 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Just watch, Anno will pull another troll and reveal that Adam and Lilith were created by the Atlanteans and that Neo-Atlantis was pulling the strings behind Seele the entire time.

The ancients were a clever bunch
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:13 pm

View Original Postdummysystem wrote:Hi,
recently joined evageeks but I consulted the site since a long time (here is for the presentation)
I have a question about the 6mn trailer ( I don't have seen 3.0) : anyone has noticed @4:30 the use of a Nadia's music ?
This is not the first time that some element of a Gainax production is referred in another production.
But I'm just curious if other music of Nadia is in Q , and what could be the meaning.
In Nadia, the song appeared mostly when The Babel's tower starts to fire and communicate with a satellite in space.

There are actually more than one Nadia song used in Q. There is theme for Nautilus used as well.
Also sprach Zarathustra

Unit 00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Unit 00 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Can anyone send me the audio file of the movie that everyone is talking about?

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 pm

View Original PostUnit 00 wrote:Can anyone send me the audio file of the movie that everyone is talking about?

It can't be posted here because of the rules - you'll have to look elsewhere (a certain image board's anime page has it listed in the first post of every 3.0 thread).

To stay on-topic: What's the total Angel count by the end of the film? Zeruel was 10th, but was the Angel seen in space vs. Asuka/Mari classified as the 11th? After that, I recall there being one before Kaworu (?) and Asuka is the final (14th), correct? I haven't had a chance to read through all 50-some pages, so sorry if this is covered already.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm

View Original PostXous wrote:It can't be posted here because of the rules - you'll have to look elsewhere (a certain image board's anime page has it listed in the first post of every 3.0 thread).

To stay on-topic: What's the total Angel count by the end of the film? Zeruel was 10th, but was the Angel seen in space vs. Asuka/Mari classified as the 11th? After that, I recall there being one before Kaworu (?) and Asuka is the final (14th), correct? I haven't had a chance to read through all 50-some pages, so sorry if this is covered already.

13. The two Angels that show up in the first half apparently aren't counted as Angels proper. 12 shows up during the climax, and Kaworu is revealed as the 13th and final Angel. 11 is MIA. Asuka being an Angel was a mistranslation.

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:13. The two Angels that show up in the first half apparently aren't counted as Angels proper. 12 shows up during the climax, and Kaworu is revealed as the 13th and final Angel. 11 is MIA. Asuka being an Angel was a mistranslation.

Thanks for clearing that up. So the grand total of the NME Angels is 13... I was a bit off with what I heard Fuyu/Gendou? say in 1.0, then.

I kept seeing Asuka being discussed as an Angel even after I'd seen someone else mention it was fake, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up, too.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 pm

View Original PostXous wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. So the grand total of the NME Angels is 13... I was a bit off with what I heard Fuyu/Gendou? say in 1.0, then.

I kept seeing Asuka being discussed as an Angel even after I'd seen someone else mention it was fake, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for clearing that up, too.

Hmm. I could be mistaken about the final Angel part. He's definitely the last one appearing in the movie, though.

dummysystem
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dummysystem » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:33 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Just watch, Anno will pull another troll and reveal that Adam and Lilith were created by the Atlanteans and that Neo-Atlantis was pulling the strings behind Seele the entire time.

and in 4.0 , we will have another timeskip to finish 12000 years later
SPOILER: Show
to see Noriko and Kazumi come back to Earth
However, the more likely reason he wore gloves was to mask the obvious physical evidence that he had fused Adam into his right hand.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 am

View Original PostKuronekodou wrote:Kouji: truly an absurdity! Well, like Kaji said, she's an interesting Captain (Misato)

Thanks! It's interesting that Marui department store's ads for 3.0 use Misato and Kaji.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:01 am

View Original Postdummysystem wrote:and in 4.0 , we will have another timeskip to finish 12000 years later
to see Noriko and Kazumi come back to Earth

Come on, now. We all know how 4.0 ends.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:03 am

:rei_dance:

laugh of the day

Chaos Pudding
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chaos Pudding » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:06 am

Here's something that's been on my mind but just doesn't seem significant enough to post a topic about: Do we know if there's an actual different between a Unit (like Eva-01) or a Mark (like Mark-6 or Mark-9) Evangelion? If we're looking at how they're actually made, it would seem like Units are grown and Marks are developed from preexisting things, like the Moon Giant or (at least design wise) Eva-00. Am I wrong?

svenge
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby svenge » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:12 am

A full scan of the LE booklet (all 80 pages of it, including interviews) has hit Nyaa, for those who are interested. The images are @ 2500x3500 pixels, but still pretty grainy. Guess the scanner used wasn't that good...

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”