Sticking around the subforum and/or EGF for 3.0 Stuffs?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:21 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:I see that the topic title has been changed for the second time now.

IS THERE A PROBLEM, SIR?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't plan to, I've been waiting for this moment.

I'm glad, I'll stick around too, I'm to much of an Spoiler freak.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I plan on leaving any and all anime-related internet places.

I suspect they generate at least some of the productivity draining field in my room and avoiding Q spoilers is the perfect excuse to test that thoery.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I plan on leaving any and all anime-related internet places.

You can (not) escape from anime-related internet places :nyao:

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:I suspect they generate at least some of the productivity draining field in my room and avoiding Q spoilers is the perfect excuse to test that thoery.

I fear it's much more than a theory...
View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:I'm glad, I'll stick around too, I'm to much of an Spoiler freak.

Likewise, I'm glad to read that. :thumbsup:
Anyway, after all the hype about this film I just didn't expect that so many users would have decided to skip the spoilers until they can directly watch it by themselves.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Because of my intense love of eva not looking at spoilers has never crossed my mind. I will devour any information as soon as it is available in any way shape or forum. Including, but not limited too. Immediate exposure to the entire plot through any means necessary on forums or elsewhere. Watching the butt ugly cam rip (apparently filmed by a man with no arms who has a medical condition requiring him to cough loudly during every single line of dialog). Then onto watching that again when someone subs it in Japanese. Then onto ripping the subs out of the video with a program and running them through horrible Google translator and importing them back into the video so that I may make out a few words despite the horrible translation. onto watching the first real English subbed one. all the way down to enjoying the full blue ray version on my home entertainment system and continuing to watch it for years to come. None of this will hinder my enjoyment in any way. Eva will be eva no matter how you view it and I will continue to appreciate the film for years to come.

BTW to the person who said it would take a month to fansub the movie. Why do 20 min naruto episodes get fully subbed like 45 min after they come out? by that logic wouldn't it only take about 5 hours to be subbed?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 pm

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:BTW to the person who said it would take a month to fansub the movie. Why do 20 min naruto episodes get fully subbed like 45 min after they come out? by that logic wouldn't it only take about 5 hours to be subbed?

First and foremost it's because the official BD/DVD release will happen sometime in next year, I suppose that proper fansub groups don't care enough to use crappy camrips as source.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Oic. I guess the pros wont want to work with cam rips. well you never know a group might just love eva enough to do so. the 2.0 cam rip got a good sub and it didn't take forever. deff longer then a month tho

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I fear it's much more than a theory...

We'll see :mwahaha:

View Original Postcd603 wrote:You can (not) escape from anime-related internet places :nyao:

That's what people have been telling me. But this is a golden opportunity. I get the chance to have a spoiler-free Q experience AND prove everybody wrong!
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:40 am

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:Because of my intense love of eva not looking at spoilers has never crossed my mind.

Because of my intense love of Eva, looking at spoilers has never crossed my mind! May Q have a twist so Shyamalonadingdongdicious that it makes people forever regret that they found out about it second hand, completely removed from context and drama.

Patience is a virtue! Good things come to those who wait! Put down the cookie, you fatties!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:46 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Because of my intense love of Eva, looking at spoilers has never crossed my mind! May Q have a twist so Shyamalonadingdongdicious that it makes people forever regret that they found out about it second hand, completely removed from context and drama.

Patience is a virtue! Good things come to those who wait! Put down the cookie, you fatties!

Well said, Warren. Personally, those unspoiled experiences are what I live for when it comes to entertainment.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:56 am

If the spoilers are somewhat interesting then I'll watch a camrip when the time comes, if not then this will probably be my last week in the rebuild sub-forum. So this is possibly a permanent goodbye.
Last edited by Na7e on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:20 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Put down the cookie, you fatties!

I've been fasting from too long, I'll die without spoilers.
View Original PostNa7e wrote:So this is possibly a permanent goodbye.

サヨナラ。

EDIT: fixed fasting, thanks to AR-99.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:04 am

I don't leave for my trip until Tuesday, but I'm going to be staying away from this sub-forum as of tonight because; 1) Just to keep myself free of any possible spoilers, and 2) To keep my hype from building into a fever pitch my head explodes.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I've been fastening from too long, I'll die without spoilers.

I think you mean fasting?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:I don't leave for my trip until Tuesday, but I'm going to be staying away from this sub-forum as of tonight because; 1) Just to keep myself free of any possible spoilers, and 2) To keep my hype from building into a fever pitch my head explodes.

There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm just waiting for the 6 minute preview of 3.0, then I'll probably jump out of the Eva boat for a while, until the day I remember "hey, 3.0 has been out for a while now, maybe there's a BD/DVD rip already!" then I'll proceed to be proven wrong and repeat this process like 2 or 3 times. It actually just happened to me today when I found out that the first Berserk movie has BDrips all over the web.

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:44 pm

The first screening will take place in Japan at 12AM midnight Saturday, right?

I figure, 12AM in Tokyo is like 10AM Friday in U.S. (Eastern time. That's 9AM central, 7AM pacific.) Does that mean we will hopefully see "real" spoilers within 18 hours from now?

Oh wait, it may even be sooner the first 6 minutes will air on 9PM Friday there. That's 7AM eastern.

(WAAAAHHH I can't wait any longer!)

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 pm

This so crazyn its really happing omgrdgfgfhfnrvydefgtvyhnJkljmonjbhyvtcrcftgvbhyjnuikmopl,ominubyvtcrxfcgtvbhyjnuikmol,ponibuyvtcrxfcgtvbhyjnuikmolp,monibjhkjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:49 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:I think you mean fasting?

Yep, generally I double check my posts for stupid typos and grammatical mistakes but I really didn't notice this one, thanks for pointing it out.
View Original Posthui43210 wrote:This so crazyn its really happing omgrdgfgfhfnrvydefgtvyhnJkljmonjbhyvtcrcftgvbhyjnuikmopl,ominubyvtcrxfcgtvbhyjnuikmol,ponibuyvtcrxfcgtvbhyjnuikmolp,monibjhkjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Iknowthatfeelbro.jpg
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”