So is this suppose to be released this year?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
duexmachina
Adam

So is this suppose to be released this year?

Postby duexmachina » Tue May 15, 2012 2:21 am

I haven't been fixating on Eva so the wait time moves faster. My question is, will this still be a summer release? There is no trailer out for 3.0 yet or new information.Shouldn't we have more by now? I don't want to sound like an impatience man, I'm just a bit out of the loop.
So knives out.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue May 15, 2012 2:35 am

http://www.evageeks.org/2011/08/evangelion-q-autumn-2012/
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/488733/Evangelion-20-on-NTV-August-26/#488733
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/514537/Evangelion-Official-Website-News-Discussion/#514537

EVAJedi
Embryo

Postby EVAJedi » Tue May 15, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks.

Now we will see if it happens on time.
"Don't deceive, don't be deceived...don't show weakness, show your spirit....that is all."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Re: So is this suppose to be released this year?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 15, 2012 9:28 am

View Original Postduexmachina wrote:There is no trailer out for 3.0 yet or new information.Shouldn't we have more by now?

The Fall 2012 release date means we're going to be getting trailers in the summer the earliest. The 1.0 and 2.0 trailers were released 2-3 months before the movies hit theaters in Japan.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue May 15, 2012 11:54 am

Stay positive. I'm 100% certain it will be released this year. The guys at Khara just take their sweet time to prep the film & why spend a lot of cash marketing the film when Eva is an establishment out there.

We'll probably get trailers or what not in July/August. Then the fun begins!

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 pm

Im ready to Nerdgasem
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 16, 2012 7:44 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:why spend a lot of cash marketing the film when Eva is an establishment out there.

Because of decade-long relationships with magazine publishers.

A few articles first, then finalized release date, then trailers.

No articles for now = DESPAIR
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Thu May 17, 2012 1:21 am

The film does have a new distributor, so previous roll outs may not reflect the way things go down this time. It won't happen, but I'd love it if they show NOTHING ahead of the release -- no traditional trailers, just black screens with white letters advertizing the title and release date. The wide-open mystery of this film is the biggest selling point to me.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Thu May 17, 2012 6:04 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:The film does have a new distributor, so previous roll outs may not reflect the way things go down this time. It won't happen, but I'd love it if they show NOTHING ahead of the release -- no traditional trailers, just black screens with white letters advertizing the title and release date. The wide-open mystery of this film is the biggest selling point to me.
Better yet just have a 10 second close-up of Asuka and Shinji's faces as they sit on a beach to work the fanbase up into a frenzy. I'm pretty sure Asuka's eyepatch is even in the same place as in EoE.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Thu May 17, 2012 6:42 am

A film like this presents a lot of fun marketing opportunities. I'm kinda disappointed that they just went with your standard "random action clips set to theme music" thing. They could play around with expectations more.

Noriko is my wife
Lilith

Postby Noriko is my wife » Thu May 17, 2012 12:27 pm

At this Evangelion exhibit (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/05/12-1/a-look-inside-the-miyazaki-prefecture-art-center-evangelion-exhibit9) Shinji Higuchi was present for a talk with anime journalist Ryusuke Hikawa/Q&A session. As far as he knew the fall release will happen. 「僕が知る限りでは大丈夫。信じて待って欲しい」
https://twitter.com/#!/cafe_hoopla/status/199125522997972992

And all the recent marketing campaigns involving Eva didn't just appear out of nowhere so I wouldn't worry much just because there is no trailer yet.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu May 17, 2012 9:53 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:The film does have a new distributor, so previous roll outs may not reflect the way things go down this time.

Still no reason to turn back on those long relationships. The anime magazines and anime producers sustain eachother.

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:It won't happen, but I'd love it if they show NOTHING ahead of the release -- no traditional trailers, just black screens with white letters advertizing the title and release date.

That would be boring and not attract the billions of non-hardcore people that actually make up the bulk of the profits.

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:A film like this presents a lot of fun marketing opportunities.

Indeed. Check out this totally legitimate, official and mildly nsfw teaser that just made it onto the internets.

SPOILER: Show

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:
SPOILER: Show
This is why I love the internet.

I'd love them to advertise it entirely using scenes from EoE and D&R. Actually, I just want the ad campaign to mess with people as much as possible. Remember the stuff they did with EoE? Just 15 seconds of screaming and flashing imagery? Stuff like that.
I hope there's a poster that's most of the cast sinking in a bright blue ocean with Asuka or Shinji watching above them.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Fri May 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Yes. Yes it is.

gorgeousshutin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby gorgeousshutin » Fri May 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Please let it happen on time this time. If we have to wait any longer RoE would be coming out even later than the story's 2015 timeline.[/b]
The Gorgeous Shut-in
Current fics:
(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018)
(PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Nov, 2017)
(NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016)
(Banana Fish)Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 01, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works
or
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Well, considering we keep hearing Fall 2012 for the various Q/3.0 marketing campaigns and Final/? will be 2013, 3.0 damn well better be released this year. :wink: I'm assuming this means--similar to 1.0 and 2.0 being worked on back-to-back--(according to 2.0 Complete Records Collection), 3.0 and 4.0 are being worked on back-to-back.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 pm

I don't know if reprising the hospital scene for Rebuild would be the worst possible thing they could do or totally awesome. Maybe both.

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:I'd love them to advertise it entirely using scenes from EoE and D&R. Actually, I just want the ad campaign to mess with people as much as possible. Remember the stuff they did with EoE? Just 15 seconds of screaming and flashing imagery? Stuff like that.

In the spirit of EOE, I vote for a sequence that acts out scenes from the film in live action using the actual VAs, ending in ways different from the movie itself.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri May 18, 2012 10:05 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I don't know if reprising the hospital scene for Rebuild would be the worst possible thing they could do or totally awesome. Maybe both.

Well it's not gonna be a hospital, but someone is gonna have to unstrap Asuka from her slab in the sample containment room. Maybe have a quick opportunistic wank before doing it.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Warren Peace » Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 pm

"Which of destiny's children will touch themselves to an unconscious Asuka!?"
-Misato, Q preview narration

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 pm

And then came to the scene that was[s:1d8rv8de]n't[/s:1d8rv8de] to be.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”