Asuka's new test plugsuit.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DarthGendo
Adam

Asuka's new test plugsuit.

•      
  •      

Postby DarthGendo » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:41 am

At my homeforum, some guy has started a thread where he tries to review Asuka's new plugsuit and build theories around it's purpose. Others joined the "brainstorm".
Some of the theories are:

1. Transparent material in the suit is used to lower a synchrorate. (As we know, it is lower with no suit at all.) This is due to Eva-03's untested status and for safety measures. Lowering the synchrorate can also be explained as a reasonable sufficiency for a first-time launch to test some of the basic nerve signals' feedback. But an author of this theory didn't explain why transparency of a material affects a syncrorate, even though it is still impenetrable to LCL. Or does it have to be transparent in order to be penetrable.

2. Transparent material is used as a mean of visual observation of the pilot's body for abnormalities. First, what kind of abnormalities could emerge and why would someone expect them? Second, how was someone going to observe Asuka's back when it's pressed against the throne? Third, what about other parts of the body? No answers were given.

Some unanswered questions can be applied to both previous theories. Why this kind of test plugsuit was never used before? Eva-03 is not the only one which undergone it's first launch. What's so special about it that requires a new plugsuit? Eva-06 is more advanced, but still, Kaworu didn't wear a gay plugsuit.

3. This theory is pure genius. Too bad it was created for lulz and trololo. Here it goes. It seems, Angel was residing in the core of Eva-03. How did he turn up inside the entry plug? Wait a minute... Plug suit, of course! Rei was eaten by Zeruel, but never got infected. Asuka did. Why? Plug suit! It all makes sense now. In fact it IS Bardiel. This son of a ***** is like a cacoon around victims body. This plug suit is a spy and it's alive. That's why some parts of it has to be transparent and not covered in paint - to be allowed to breathe. Notice, how these transparent parts are still kinda reddish. This is due to a web of tiny capillaries, which again proves the theory.

Anyway, jokes aside, I find this extremely annoying, because this suit has no impact on Rebuild other than just cosmetic. In fact, I think it was designed that way only for fanservice purposes and doesn't need any research into it.

What do you think about it?
The libtardation is strong in these forums.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:29 am

well yeah, obviously the new test suit was created mainly for fan sābisuuu~ and so fat chicks have another reason to cosplay but regarding point one. i was under the impression the reason it's so transparent is to have less resistance and actually achieve easier synchro rates since the user is not used to it yet. the numerous electrodes are probably there for the overview on vital functions and those antennas on the wrists seem to be some kind of transmission device.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:06 am

Well, it's a TEST suit. Perhaps it's mean to give Asuka less assistance (Think of the naked test in ep. 13)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Re: Asuka's new test plugsuit.

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:41 am

View Original PostDarthGendo wrote:Anyway, jokes aside, I find this extremely annoying, because this suit has no impact on Rebuild other than just cosmetic. In fact, I think it was designed that way only for fanservice purposes and doesn't need any research into it.

What do you think about it?

My guess is the the suit was designed with face peeling/needle impalement scene in my mind, to enhance the overall body horror with a side order of rape allusions.

But since that was scrapped, only the sabisu remains.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:56 pm

View Original PostDarthGendo wrote:2. Transparent material is used as a mean of visual observation of the pilot's body for abnormalities. First, what kind of abnormalities could emerge and why would someone expect them?

Dunno. That's normally Reichu's department.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm going to lean towards the obvious fanservice. I mean even Asuka goes "don't you think the new suit is a bit revealing?" or something of that nature.

And gentleman, we have been served.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:14 am

Technology sure did progress quickly in between Mari's "test" suit and Asuka's :lol:

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:16 am

'Service, of course. Well, I can't come up with any other reason that makes more sense, at least.

View Original PostDarthGendo wrote:3. This theory is pure genius. Too bad it was created for lulz and trololo. Here it goes. It seems, Angel was residing in the core of Eva-03. How did he turn up inside the entry plug? Wait a minute... Plug suit, of course! Rei was eaten by Zeruel, but never got infected. Asuka did. Why? Plug suit! It all makes sense now. In fact it IS Bardiel. This son of a ***** is like a cacoon around victims body. This plug suit is a spy and it's alive. That's why some parts of it has to be transparent and not covered in paint - to be allowed to breathe. Notice, how these transparent parts are still kinda reddish. This is due to a web of tiny capillaries, which again proves the theory.

Too bad that's just for "lulz and trololo", it's batshit-insane genius (not quite on the Reichu level, but close). Not very likely, but gloriously fractured and amusing. Best laugh I've had today, at any rate.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Theory number three is now canon.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:47 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:Theory number three is now canon.

I'm a little new around here and I was wondering if someone could explain the proper use of the word "canon"? I have my theories and seen it used a lot, but I'd prefer not to speculate.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:08 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Canon
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 pm

View Original PostDarthGendo wrote:What do you think about it?

I think it's wank fodder, but one of the reasons I love this forum so much is it's ability to look past the obvious and fanwank it's way around it.

Superb speculation my friend.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:39 pm

well, let's hope there will never be a male version of this thing.

who am i kidding, this is evangelion.

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:05 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:never be a male version
The fan arts came out within hours of the movie's first showing.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm

i know, i've seen them. *shudder*

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Unless the staff explains the exact purpose of the suit and the intent of its design, and why it had to be that revealing, for now we can only surmise it as for the sake of "service".

What else? For testing purposes, the head clips are bigger and have more brain hemisphere coverage than the standard clips she often wears. The size ensures maximum coverage, to get as much brain signals to synch while testing.

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 pm

View Original PostDarthGendo wrote:Kaworu didn't wear a gay plugsuit.

Hmm... derogatory comment is derogatory. You suck as much as Asuka's new fanwank plug suit.
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:14 pm

There's nothing inherently derogatory about using the term "Gay" as a descriptive term. Especially when it comes to the idea of giving Kaworu a homoerotic fanservicey Plugsuit.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:Technology sure did progress quickly in between Mari's "test" suit and Asuka's :lol:

Now that you say it, both Suits are somewhat similarily cut, with those bulky wristpieces, a "skirt-like" part and a similar distribution of colors. The obvious difference lies in the Material used; What Mari is wearing is much thicker.

Mari's second one, on the other hand, seems to be a female version of Kaworu's, both have these white accessories, for example, tough Kaworu's obviously aren't used as boob holders. This COULD imply something (who else wears suspiciously similar outfits? Yeah, Shinji and Rei!) but most likely serves no other purpose than to visually set the "rough elements" and the "nerv Children" with their smaller, cylindrical wristpieces apart.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:24 pm

Fanservice, fanservice, fanservice and fanservice

I rather like the aesthetic look it has going for it, though

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”