Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:41 pm

Thanks for the welcome. ^_^
Curiousity's getting the better of me, but are you the one who has that website about being a "Asuka fan who's for the Rei/Shinji pairing" and there's this save Asuka project and various other pages? (such as the page I first found when stumbling across that site "the death and compeletion of Asuka Langely Soryu".) 'Just wondering because I'm usually kinda awed about being a forum member that has "famous" website owners on them, too. (Yes, I'm that much of a geek!) For instance, I think evaotaku is an excellent site, so is that mdwig's website. I also like that Ikari Gendou FAQ page (the "spinoff page" featuring Shinji is funny as hell! :P) is good, though there seem to be some errors. Major(?) Spoiler ahead!
Q: I keep reading all over that there were actually 18 Angels. Are these people loco or am I just seeing things?
A: You're not seeing things. What they are referring to is during the End of EVA movie, Misato says something to the effect of "We are the 18th Angel, born from the source of life, Lilith. Other angels are possibly a seperate race of beings who threw away their physical forms. They were doomed to a sad existence of betrayal and pain because they rejected each other. We, people are the same." A dry and bitter remark that Tabris wasn't the final Angel, mankind is. It's just a comment at how destructive people can be to their fellow man (especially when they break into your base of operations and shoot at anything that moves!). The Dead Sea Scrolls in the series clearly state that 17 Heavenly Messengers will visit the Earth (that's what the members of SEELE say on a number of occasions). Not 18. By saying that man is the final Angel Misato is showing her utter distaste for all humanity (just as she loathed the Angels themselves). People keep posting Misato's comment and taking it at face value which is wrong. If mankind truly was the final Angel (or an Angel at all for that matter) why did this whole song and dance thing have to occur? If man was the final Angel, a simple touch with Lilith would have begun the Third Impact. Or, when we came in contact with Adam we would have initiated the destructive Third Impact and the series would have been over before it began. Trust me, mina-san, Katsuragi was only being sarcastic.

In terms of mankind being the 18th Angel, who says that has to be taken literally? Couldn't it be symbolically?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:59 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Thanks for the welcome. ^_^
Curiousity's getting the better of me, but are you the one who has ...

Yes, that's me, in my meat-space identity. I wouldn't know if it was a famous site or not - I did it for my own amusement, and have not really had any feedback. I would hope that the EvaCommentary site that I assist Reichu with would be the more famous one.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:22 pm

I would hope that the EvaCommentary site that I assist Reichu with would be the more famous one.

Thank you so much for making/helping out with that site! ^_^ It's so great to have fans explain what's going on in Eva as they're gonna know these things better than anyone else. (well, besides Anno-sensei.)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Re: Konnichiwa!

Postby the_seventh_child » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:51 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:~I like all the 3 Children, but I guess my favorite seems to be Asuka just because of her ass-kicking...ness. ^^; Shinji and Rei are cool, too, though. I guess personality-wise, I'm closest to Shinji. I'm pretty introverted myself at times.
~In similar vain to the above, I'm a fan of the Asuka/Shinji pairing. What can I say, I'm a romantic at heart. The lines "You won't even hold me!" (DC 22) and "I want to help you somehow, Asuka. And be with you forever." (EoE) are what did it for me. ^_^;

I love you already! ^_^
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm Mundane. Self-explanatory.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:59 pm

the_seventh_child wrote: I love you already! ^_^

Yay! ^_^
Nice to meet you.
Where did you get that Asuka pic from? It's cute!

I'm Mundane. Self-explanatory.

Nice to meet you!

...I'll stop "spamming" the theard now. *begins to sing Monty Python's Spam song* ^_^;

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Space Penis » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:04 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
...I'll stop "spamming" the theard now. *begins to sing Monty Python's Spam song* ^_^;
Bloody vikings.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:06 pm

*blinks* .....Lemon Curry? :?

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:46 am

This forum is getting weirder and weirder everyday :?
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:50 am

@Space Penis' picture
What an intelligent gaze... :P :wink:

@Timesplitter01
You said it, mon. Sheesh...
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:54 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Yay! ^_^
Nice to meet you.
Where did you get that Asuka pic from? It's cute!

Actually EM has it! At the avatar section!

p.s TS01 you're right!!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 am

Space Penis wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Bloody vikings.

I'm going to give that the Girr Seal of Approval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZRxGFL18mI
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:11 pm

You ever read Johnny The Homicidal Maniac ('Nny ^_^) or Squee! ? (Both done by Johaan Vasquez, creator of Invader Zim.) It's screwed up, both are funny...in a sick, twisted, way. ^^;

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:57 pm

We should re-name the forums to something like The Nut House. Because this place is turning into a mental hospital :lol:
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Faußtin
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Faußtin » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:23 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:We should re-name the forums to something like The Nut House. Because this place is turning into a mental hospital :lol:

Errr... hospital? :S People will be cured if they go to a hospital, not get worse... :P
:twisted: !!!HELL IS FUN!!! :twisted:

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:13 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:We should re-name the forums to something like The Nut House. Because this place is turning into a mental hospital :lol:

Sanity is for the weak minded.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Titus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:58 am

Timesplitter 01 wrote:This forum is getting weirder and weirder everyday :?

Yup...

With such a wonder collection of fuckups and what not..It's not suprising..
"I say Evamonkey did it himself. After seeing that Titus had more Eva images than him, he was driven into a fit of jealousy that led him to set this up in the hope of infecting everyone with a trojan that automatically rooted through their harddrives and sending him any images he didnt already have." - Space Penis
"some of the most intelligent people I know are complete fuck ups, and some of the less intelligent ones are incredibly interesting and promising." - The Eva Monkey
"Titus I love you!" - Zugzwang
"TITUS + ADSL = Disaster" - Timesplitter 01

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:19 am

Titus wrote:

Yup...

True

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:01 pm

Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Titus wrote:

Yup...

True

I miss the old good days.. Where max3000, Dave, Karma Burn, Olin of Xephon and mongolsquad--what whas his previous name btw?-- have been? :cry:

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:16 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Timesplitter 01 wrote:
Titus wrote:

Yup...

True

I miss the old good days.. Where max3000, Dave, Karma Burn, Olin of Xephon and mongolsquad--what whas his previous name btw?-- have been? :cry:

No offence but a am sorta happy that max3000 isnt here

Return to “Old Stickies”