Official Welcome Thread : Jun 21, 2004 to Nov 13, 2010

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Vivider
Embryo

Postby Vivider » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 am

Hey all! I go by Vivi and I first saw Eva a long time ago... I was 14, actually, so I identified with Shinji quite a bit (hahaha bad sign right?!) and I watched it all in one sitting, ANOTHER bad sign! But I did love it, and weeks later watched EoE and had my mind thoroughly blown.

I've been RPing on livejournal for the past few years, and I was recently coerced into picking up Rei. It's revitalized my interest in Eva so here I am! It's my first time on a forum board so please forgive any silly mistakes~ <3

Er, I think that's it? Nice to meet all of you. :3
You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.
--Sarah Teasdale

Icon by ranfromrain.

Soljer13
Banned

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:41 am

Welcome ViVi Be sure to leave your sanity at the door xD Im joking, no seriously welcome, always happy to see new members! :boingy:
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Vivider
Embryo

Postby Vivider » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 am

Don't worry Soljer, my sanity is long gone. It's nice to be among other people that think it's a great series - most of the people I know dislike it for one reason or another, and while I can usually see where they're coming from, it just doesn't work for me. LOL
You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.
--Sarah Teasdale

Icon by ranfromrain.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Mongoosedog » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:25 pm

*yaaaawwnn* ...wha-....how the hell did i get here? where are my pants?! oh i remember, account activation message told me to make my first post here...it's not my first post but i thought i had better post here anyway. so uh, hi everyone, my name is ***** ****** but i go by Mason and my user name is Mongoosedog, obviously. I'm 20 years old and love drawing anime/manga. I love eva so here i am :grin:
I have no signature!

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Mongoosedog wrote:some introductory stuff

Welcome to teh forums!

(I know where your name came from! :nyao: )

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forums vivir and... that other guy!
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Mongoosedog
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Mongoosedog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:20 pm

(I know where your name came from! :nyao: )

:toothy: Invader Zim ftw!

Welcome to the forums vivir and... that other guy!

If you mean me then thank you ^_^
I have no signature!

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 pm

I'm Bomby. I just finished watching the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series for the first time, though I have yet to see any of the movies (I plan on correcting that mistake as soon as I am able to rent them from my local indie video store). Since I started watching it, the show has hijacked my life in a way that no other TV show or film has in a very long time.

Other than Evangelion, I love indie/arthouse/foreign cinema and aspire to be a film director. I also listen to a very wide variety of music, am very interested in existential philosophy, psychology, and politics.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:01 am

Hm...

Do you like the bomberman games?

I know my post is lame.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

sean_sean_sean_sean
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby sean_sean_sean_sean » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Hey there :grin:

I'm sean_sean_sean_sean. Sean, really.... and I can't think of anything very interesting to say about myself, I'm afraid.

I've been mildly obsessed with NGE for quite a while now, and I've been hanging around on the series' IMDb board for a few months. I had already read through some of the threads on EvaGeeks, but it wasn't until Eva Yojimbo suggested that I come here that I decided to make an account.

I'm basically interested in all the arts, with film being the one which excites me most, though I am pretty much a clueless newbie as of yet. I'm still an English Lit undergraduate at Edinburgh, and I tend to spend so much time fretting, trembling, quivering, hyperventilating and having panic attacks in front blank Microsoft Word pages in the uni library, that once I get round to actually writing up any of my essays I have almost no time left for digging into these areas of interest... still, slowly but surely (emphasis in "slowly"), I am... trying to build up a knowledge of film, etc.

So... hello! :grin:
Last edited by sean_sean_sean_sean on Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:Hm...

Do you like the bomberman games?

I know my post is lame.

Actually, my name comes from my old name on another message board, which was in fact "Bomberman Blue." People just started calling me Bomby for short. I added the "von Bombsville" because I felt I needed a surname.

Myna
Embryo

Postby Myna » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi. I'm Myna. I like anime, manga, video games, etc. I'm short, always hungry, and theatre obsessed. I'm currently too lazy and tired to type anything else here, sorry.

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Heh. Late bloomer. :redface: But I'm GGSS. Ive actually been on here for a while, but Ive not been for a little while before recently and I had forgotten all my old names and passwords. Anyways, I think my brother brought a vhs of the older NGE home one day and I watched the first few episodes of the seires. Then I think I might have noticed stuff about eva on the net or somewhere and my RP buddies would talk about it, but i think thats how I got into eva, I think I started watching maybe a few years ago, but ive been into anime for along time; So I actually forget when I first got into Eva. -o-;

But I just figured I should post here in the "Welcome thread and say hi!"
:huggles:

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:04 am

Howdy to Great Genius, Myna, Bomby...

Everybody better be nice to sean since he's a buddy from the IMDb boards. I MEAN IT. :fume:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:03 pm

hey, ssss is here! Cheers man! Sorry I never delivered with the Aum Shinrinkyo topic... Although I hope I'll manage to create one in here when I get time: I'm pretty much screwed for about 2-3 weeks from now on so no major posts from me within that time period I guess...

Bomby von Bombsville wrote:I'm Bomby. I just finished watching the Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series for the first time, though I have yet to see any of the movies (I plan on correcting that mistake as soon as I am able to rent them from my local indie video store). Since I started watching it, the show has hijacked my life in a way that no other TV show or film has in a very long time.

Other than Evangelion, I love indie/arthouse/foreign cinema and aspire to be a film director. I also listen to a very wide variety of music, am very interested in existential philosophy, psychology, and politics.

yayyy, moar "film buffs" or whatever.

End of Evangelion will be mindfuck of epic proportions. It'll screw you :tongue:

Also:

...you sure you're not my clone? Though unless you also have perverse penchant for science and mischievous randomness I guess you aren't. :emogendo:

Cheers to rest of you new folks too! :)

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Yeah, I've already had to move a bunch of posts before, now, I'm just deleting them.

sean_sean_sean_sean
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby sean_sean_sean_sean » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:27 pm

hey, ssss is here! Cheers man!

Hey, Xard! Thanks for the warm welcome :grin:

Sorry I never delivered with the Aum Shinrinkyo topic...

Don't worry about it! Besides, what you did post was fascinating. That said, I would be interested to read what else you know about the subject.

brainDamage
Lilith

Postby brainDamage » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:23 am

Hey, I'm not new, rather returning after a hiatus. Between the post college-find-a-better-job scramble and my computer dying, posting proved to be a challenge. Good to be back though. I'll have to have an Eva marathon session so I can make some respectable posts.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby oOoOoOo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Bomby von Bombsville has my new favourite username. ^_^ Everyone else, welcome as well!

sean_sean_sean_sean, you are now S4-kun. ^_^
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Xard
Banned

Re: Greetings

Postby Xard » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:26 pm

BC Baron wrote:*brilliant post*

Hi Mr. BC Baron, I'm sorry for completely missing your post. You rock man! :thumbsup:

Return to “Old Stickies”