FML general thread [7]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Lots of people yelling at one another. You didn't miss much, and it's all there for your schadenfreudal perusal. :tongue:

I did manage to comment in that thread in the best way possible at that moment.

Squigsquasher wrote:On top of that my depression is getting worse to the point where I find the prospect of myself and everyone on earth dying horribly from ebola a glee-inducing prospect.

I've felt the same way on occasion, but let my friend here emphasize my point.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:...I find the prospect of myself and everyone on earth dying horribly from ebola a glee-inducing prospect.

Sheesh. Could you at least give the rest of us the courtesy of imagining a cosy catastrophe?
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Speak for yourself. I plan on becoming the Lord of the Wasteland...the Ayatollah of Rock-N-Rollah!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:33 am

Goddamn bunch of slobs -- I expected the household to be a least a little more responsible with their tech toys and gadgets but they lost that wifi dongle that I set aside AND TOLD THEM TO KEEP IT SAFE when their PC broke down a couple of months ago... and now that I got it fixed and I couldn't find it, THEY BLAME ME? :facepalm:

Fuck this shit, maybe this'll be the last time I'll help.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:39 am

Canker sores are still painful. I ran out of uncoated aspirin, so I crushed up some enteric coated pills with a hammer. Hopefully they'll work. It helps to dull the pain.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:15 am

Why would you need to crush it?
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:30 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Why would you need to crush it?
The enteric takes a few minutes to dissolve. The aspirin doesn't kick in until the coating dissolves.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:27 pm

So I'm sick with whatever bug has been blowing around my school. This blows.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:44 pm

Guess which kidney-impaired EGFer has a bladder infection?

Gotta keep pushing fluids to make sure none of that shit backs up into my only functioning kidney... I don't want to end up in the hospital again.

Though then again, if I were in the hospital I wouldn't have to go to work.

Am I seriously fantasizing about going to the hospital?

No. Bad Bomby. Bad. Go to bed.

Also the doctor was strangely unconvinced by my assertion that it wasn't a sexually transmitted disease and asked me to clarify at least three times.

Doctor: Are you sure it wasn't sexually transmitted?
Me: Yes
Doctor: There's no way this could have been sexually transmitted?
Me: There is no way.
Doctor: You're not lying?
Me: No wretch I'm not lying I haven't had sex in a depressingly long time and it's making me depressed just thinking about it now leave me alone and culture my damn urine sample.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:01 am

Oddly enough Bomby I got grilled by my doctor last week as to my sexual health as well. I just went in to get my hearing checked and I got whacked with a full-blown interrogation: No doc, I'm not experiencing a burning sensation when I urinate. Yes, the relationship is monogamous... look, are you going to syringe my damned ears or not?

:rolleyes:

I think it's just something to do with screening 20-somethings, as we'd probably be the "trouble" age group for that kind of thing.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:27 pm

Freaking Capchas why can't I ever get them right? :irked:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:20 pm

The "AP English" class, which gives the vaguest, most self-contradictory, and hauntingly specific prompts and expects one to be able to just imagine four pages' worth of pseudomeaningful content on them.
Yes, I understand that forcing me to come up with nonsense that meets odd criteria is the point of the class. No, that doesn't make me able to do it. So I'm going to have to write four pages of the most tedious nonsense and count myself quite lucky if I get a C-.
Quite apart from that the propagandistic element of the class, which is quite visible and hardly avoidable, attempts to intertwine the student in itself.
Damn it.
(I've phrased this better elsewhere.)
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 pm

I bought these awesome heat sinks from Digikey. Dirt cheap, high thermal conductivity (something like 2.3C/W, fucking incredible for TO-220 package heat sinks). The only thing is, they have these steel pegs on the bottom that are impossible to remove. The pegs are too big for the boards that I use and aren't at the right spacing in relation to transistor's legs. So, the heat sink won't be flush to the board.

I'll have to figure something out about removing them, sawing them off, or something. If they were Aluminium, it would be easy, because it is so soft. I don't own an angle grinder and none of my dremel wheels can cut steel.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Bouts of depression coming on again.

I really hate this world, i dont have the physical fortitude to go out and see the things so many people classify as "wondrous" and from what i have seen of it most of it is really......boring, a huge part of me seriously longs to live in a fantasy or sci-fi like world, see dragons and magic or the stars and other worlds, but im stuck here in this shitty little town with next to no friends and the ability to see other cool looking places but not the strength nor the money to go there, im pretty sure this is the reason why i have always loved magic in fantasy, you don't NEED to be physically strong you just need to have the intelligence and patience to study and practice it.

oh also minor note: sometimes the thought of ending my life due to the fact i literally will not be able to go very far and extreme boredom pops into my head, just thought i should probably add that in too
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:36 pm

What does being strong have to do with seeing things? Are we talking like mountain climbing or something? Are there mountains in the UK that have somehow escaped my notice? :huh:

Travel is vastly overrated. [Tangent. - Monk] If it's worth seeing you can see it just fine on TV or youtube without all the hassle and expense. People are what's important, not landmarks. Find yourself a nice comfy couch, a warm blanket, and call the girlfriend over to watch scary movies and snuggle.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:47 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:What does being strong have to do with seeing things? Are we talking like mountain climbing or something? Are there mountains in the UK that have somehow escaped my notice? :huh:

Travel is vastly overrated. If it's worth seeing you can see it just fine on TV or youtube without all the hassle and expense. People are what's important, not landmarks. Find yourself a nice comfy couch, a warm blanket, and call the girlfriend over to watch scary movies and snuggle.

No i mean in general im not the most healthy person: as in i need meds to function and cant really travel for longer periods of time.
and you say that but im tired of sitting at home, i have sat here my whole life, i see so many people talk about and show pictures of all these amazing sites i will never get to visit myself, i see so many fantasy games have sights to behold that make me wish i was there, i see people having adventures in games and in real life and i hate my life because i cant do ANY OF THAT, im relegated to a computer screen leaving my job options very limited (i cant even do standard store box lifting for that long i dont have the energy) so this course im doing now i either pass or i have to leech of my mum/be homeless and most likely die in the streets
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Ahh, that's a bit of a different situation then. I can see how that would get frustrating. I mean I am nearly full-blown hiki but that's entirely by choice and just because my job allows it, but if I simply couldn't go anywhere... yeah, I understand that could be a problem.

I suppose you can hope for treatment/cure, but in the meantime you just have to learn to accept your limitations and claim every inch of the freedoms you do have.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:01 pm

screw lets just throw some more on there since im already in the mood:

Despite having an amazing girlfriend and an awesome best friend i still feel incredibly lonely at times, cause they wont always be around me and at those times i feel like shit so i normally play a fuckton of mmos or go on forums (like this one) to have at least some form of social interaction, but most mmos these days are shit and the social side wont help me get away from all the glaring issues the wow clones have.

Also i hate my education system, im not great at writing massive reports on "what this concept art means if you remove from the game" because that makes no fucking sense, its concept art for a game you cant remove it from said game when that's what it was meant to be drawn for, in fact im a practical learner in general but this year BTEC is no longer the practical version of the courses, no parents and old men in suits complained it was too easy so now its basically just a-levels for dummies, all tests all the time so i dont see myself passing this course.
whats worse? unlike a-levels you are literally not allowed to ask for assessment on your work, if you do that its counted as handing it in so you only know how well you did once a grade is given and are never told how to improve it.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 pm

I know EvaGeeks is no substitute for real human contact, but we're here for you! Pester us incessantly. We will pester right back!

And you're only 17: you have a whole ninety-plus years ahead of you to go see things. This is the age you're going to start getting really restless, so set some goals! Find someplace you want to go, and figure out how to get there. It will help with the depression: having a goal and a game plan will motivate you forward.

I'm sorry about your education woes, but I think you'll be fine. Just keep plugging away at it.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby mechashiva » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:49 pm

At some point last week, my sketchbook disappeared. I noticed it when I was looking through my bag and it seemed supiciously light. I turned the house upside down, looked up everybody's bed, asked the security desk at my school, looked through the school lost and found and the bus lost and found. Nothing. I'm really put out because it was a year and a half's worth of drawings and assorted doodles and notes and now its presumed gone.

Best case scenario: its at the bottom of a laundry basket of unsorted clothes (y'know. The last place I'd bother looking) or my art teacher found it after I left in his room by accident

Worst case scenario: somebody just up and threw it away thinking it was garbage (as opposed to the actual garbage things in the lost and found bin)

:facepalm:
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”