FML General Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 am

He just did you a favor, TDSA.

The only good that can come from this is that it gives more reason to send a mass PM campaign to get this malicious tyrant out of power and out of the FMs once and for all.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Whiny kids. B/

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote: I just wanted to talk to him about important stuff that could potentially CHANGE OUR RELATIONSHIP FOREVER.

Gee, and with sincerity like that, why wouldn't he stick around? :crazytwirl:

If this "change" didn't involve the words "break" and "up", I'm not sure why you bothered.

Dude has other partners? Were you honestly okay with that, or is your own regard for yourself so low, that you're willing take anything you can get?

If it's the former, hey whatever floats you're boat, not my business. But if it's indeed the latter, then take a leaf out of Eva's book. You must first love yourself, before you love others, and that means having enough self-respect to find someone that'll engage you on equal terms (and even unequal ones when you're in serious need and vice-versa).

If you're dishonest to yourself about this, you'll always be frustrated.

Secondly; You're 16. Calm the f*ck down, this won't be your last relationship (not unless you choose that), and I seriously doubt you have the maturity to know what you truly want out of relationships yet anyway.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Re: Whiny kids. B/

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 am

View Original PostAlaska Slim wrote:If this "change" didn't involve the words "break" and "up", I'm not sure why you bothered.

It involved me going to college at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Where he goes.

So I'd think discussing about moving closer to him changes a relationship.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:He just did you a favor, TDSA.

Oh, and Aiko? The way you seem to constantly overreact to the slightest bit of drama is probably why the bf is putting you on the back burner. If everything is an emergency then nothing is.

...Second.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:22 pm

Do you guys know the feel when you are so tired that you don't even know that you are tired and randomly start daydreaming/hallucinating into sleep?

3 consecutive flights with wait inbetween, was probaby 24 hours awake, got only 2 hours of shitty airplane sleep that somehow only makes you sleepier.
Almost fell asleep at a Burger King before my last flight, luckily I didn't travel alone :lol:
Arrived at my grandparents' place and just lost consciousness with my glasses and netbook on, leaving the light of the guest room turned on :lol:

I think I was watching Muv Luv Total Eclipse and dozed off to the dogfight...
Not being able to keep my eyes open while watching a dogfight is the worst feel ever, it's like things are happening in a totally weird and jagged manner, I can't explain lol

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:31 pm

Urgh. I think I have now faced just about 90% of all possible setbacks one can encounter while making a film. I know I'm tempting the fate of the other 10% by making a point of that, but still.

So today I was supposed to meet up with five of my actors, discuss the project, and give them printed copies of the screenplay. First of all, I'd like to thank FedEx Office and CVS for not having the kind of binding clips I needed to keep the screenplays together. Second of all, I'd like to thank their printers for collating the printing of five copies of the screenplay incorrectly. It was fun sorting 445 printed pages and putting them in the correct order. Having to three-hole punch them myself was also very fun.

Getting to the point: After rushing to get to the meeting place and getting there fifteen minutes early, none of the actors showed up. I checked my email on my phone and they all had to cancel for various reasons. Thankfully, none of them have dropped out of the movie altogether.

Just lovely. I can't even get upset anymore because I've used up all my upsetness over the past two months in this disaster of a pre-production period.

If anyone needs me, I'll be eating a tin of pineapple and watching Chungking Express tonight.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:59 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:That's why.

The guy did more drone strikes in his first X months in office than Bush did in his entire career.

And, in order to make it so that he's technically not killing any innocents, he defines all military-age males who die in the strikes as terrorists.

Or someone does. Regardless, the buck stops with him.

Write a fanfic. It will consume every free second you have. :sweatdrop:

Yeah obama has been following in bushes footsteps slowly chipping away at the countries freedom. Anyone who is thinking any of the recent presidents are actually on our side isn't looking at the big picture. IMO the last president who was really for the people was Kennedy and they capped his ass because of it. Sometime in the near future, maybe not under obama but in the near future all illusions of america being a democracy/republic will be stripped bear to reveal the ugly truth, but even then how many will see it?
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:02 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:IMO the last president who was really for the people was Kennedy

yeah lol, sup mob money etc.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Bomby, I´m tempted to tell you to make the movie with only one actor: you. It just might work...

Defectron, 90% of the presidents of the entire world sucked, don´t worry about it.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:IMO the last president who was really for the people was Kennedy

Lol charisma.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm

I bet I have the most charisma here. :cool:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:35 pm

TDSA, charisma? Yeah right... I mean, Oh mighty TDSA what would I do without you? You are my (charismatic) knight in shining armor! :worship:

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:20 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Bomby, I´m tempted to tell you to make the movie with only one actor: you. It just might work...

At this point, I'm almost considering making a movie about me trying to make a movie but not being able and deciding to make a movie about me trying to make a movie but not being able to.

View Original PostDefectron wrote:the last president who was really for the people was Kennedy

Lyndon Johnson?
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:At this point, I'm almost considering making a movie about me trying to make a movie but not being able and deciding to make a movie about me trying to make a movie but not being able to.

hey now, 8½ is not something a responsible director does on his first try. It's privilege you gain later

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:34 pm

View Original PostDefectron wrote:Yeah obama has been following in bushes footsteps slowly chipping away at the countries freedom. Anyone who is thinking any of the recent presidents are actually on our side isn't looking at the big picture. IMO the last president who was really for the people was Kennedy and they capped his ass because of it. Sometime in the near future, maybe not under obama but in the near future all illusions of america being a democracy/republic will be stripped bear to reveal the ugly truth, but even then how many will see it?

*sigh*

Are there no good guys left in the world anymore? :shakehead:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:38 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:*sigh*

Are there no good guys left in the world anymore? :shakehead:

Good guys? They never existed in the first place! The strong rule and the weak die, end of story. Even if we like to think otherwise.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Good guys? They never existed in the first place! The strong rule and the weak die, end of story. Even if we like to think otherwise.

Well, if that's the "case" than pretty much all of us on this site should've been dead a long time ago. Yet we're still here. :) Care to explain that?
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:42 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:hey now, 8½ is not something a responsible director does on his first try. It's privilege you gain later

What if I keep going on and on ad infinitum? It will be like a movie on an endless loop that keeps going and going until my computer can't render the video file anymore.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:45 pm

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Well, if that's the "case" than pretty much all of us on this site should've been dead a long time ago. Yet we're still here. :) Care to explain that?

I meant in the political field. Haven´t you noticed the "good guys" are either too weak to make a difference or dead?

And of course were alive, society has evolved to the point were the weak can survive.(well, in most countries anyway :.Looks at Africa.)

Bomby: Just like in the third Planet of the Apes movie.

tehprognoob
Ireul
Ireul

Postby tehprognoob » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:09 pm

Got PSO2

Took whole day to install PSO2

Patch failed 3 times

Went past, I clicked uninstall by accident, had to reinstall

Patch finished, I click cancel by accident