FML General Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:33 pm

You're actually the second person to say that.

AND MAYBE IT IS MY PENIS.

i have a toe for a penis.

peeing is very awkward
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:57 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:You're actually the second person to say that.

AND MAYBE IT IS MY PENIS.

i have a toe for a penis.

peeing is very awkward

I'm guessing that annual medical check-ups for you must raise some interesting eyebrows. :toothy:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm

I haven't gone to the doctor in like years.

Also when the Hell will people learn that NO ONE LIKES THE FIRST SLICE OF BREAD
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Xana » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:25 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Also when the Hell will people learn that NO ONE LIKES THE FIRST SLICE OF BREAD

I like the first slice of bread, does this make me a horrible person in your mind?
Also, I just broke my long, beautiful orange-painted nail :sniffle:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 am

I wake up this morning, go on the forum and find the FML thread has turned into a chat-room with pictures of bleeding wounds that I'd rather not look at while eating my breakfast; and then I have to go start clearing up the mess.

FML

@Aiko Heiwa
When the toenail goes black and falls off, please spare us the photographic evidence.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:45 am

I really don't like public transit. When ever I see a older person. I feel obligated to give them my seat but not once have I been thanked. Also (this is happening while I am typing this) I hate it when the bus is filled to capaticy and there is that one jerk who won't take the hint that the bus is full. The douche has been arguing with the driver for 10 minutes I don't want to be late for university!
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

toe mash
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby toe mash » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 am

So there's this annual sci-fi con here that's pretty boring but the most worthwhile part for me is that they screen anime movies in a rented cinema - I got to see 1.0 there (which was a fucking fantastic experience).

Coincidentally I have a ridiculously long (12 day) vacation from the army during the weekend that the con is! Oh wow, I thought to myself...

....Till I checked the program and see that they dropped 90% of any anime related content and what's left is some panel about Miku and "Drawing anime and manga 101".. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :fume: :fume: :fume:

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I wake up this morning, go on the forum and find the FML thread has turned into a chat-room with pictures of bleeding wounds that I'd rather not look at while eating my breakfast; and then I have to go start clearing up the mess.

But it wasn't bleeding...

@Xana - Yes you are a horrible person and are going to Heck.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 pm

View Original PostXana wrote:There was this huge-ass black widow in my room and it was ugly so I decided it had to die and it made a gross cracking sound when I squished it, I also had to clean up its mess after that.

FML forever~!

God, that's stupid. You could of grabbed a tissue, picked it up, and carried it outside; rather than having to deal with the guilt of taking an innocent life for no reason other than your own prejudices, AND having to dispose of the corpse you created. People like you piss me off.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Troll much? My dear DonutKing, there is such thing as arachnophobia. Usually people tend to exaggerate and overstate their experiences with them. If you can't deal with people exaggerating and overstating things, especially on the internet, then I don't know how to help you.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:God, that's stupid. You could of grabbed a tissue, picked it up, and carried it outside; rather than having to deal with the guilt of taking an innocent life for no reason other than your own prejudices, AND having to dispose of the corpse you created. People like you piss me off.

I recommend a cup/glass and cardboard, personally, but yeah, there's no reason to kill the thing. Spiders are useful critters.

But apart from that black widows are venomous, so killing one by hand isn't such a hot idea in any event.

View Original PostStryker wrote:Troll much? My dear DonutKing, there is such thing as arachnophobia. Usually people tend to exaggerate and overstate their experiences with them. If you can't deal with people exaggerating and overstating things, especially on the internet, then I don't know how to help you.

Phobias are irrational and should be confronted at every opportunity. It's the only way to weaken their power over you.

Also, I recommend an irony check for your post.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 pm

I also have arachnophobia, and I still take spiders outside. Senseless killing is stupid.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:40 pm

I lost my $100 calculator and am probably going to have to buy a new one.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Last word before I decide to be back ontopic.

SPOILER: Show
It requires competence to be a rational person. To act on fear is wrong, I agree. I also agree that you should face them at every moment. And especially that you have the right to voice your opinion. This is why I find this cute, instead of scary. Still, billions of people (no exaggeration there) do it anyways, and quite a few of them are people in power. I have come to give slack to those who do act irrationally. You may have the right to reserve your opinion, but you can't judge someone for something they did. Especially when it was an irrational move and was done on first thought.

Oh, and on the Irony bit, Bagheera, the difference between me and DonutKing is that I am reminding him kindly (and don't say that the "troll much" wasn't kind, it was absolutely justified for how he treated Xana), while DonutKing criticizes and disrespects Xana (which was wrong). Instead, he could of been rational and said kindly, "Perhaps instead of killing it, you could of picked it up and carried it outside." There is a difference between critiquing and criticizing, Bagheera, and manners do apply in this forum.

Oh, and this is not exaggeration or an overstatement, this is a lecture on how you should treat others, whether you are next to them or typing to them.

I think an apology is due for Xana, TDK.

Ontopic: People are arguing on the internet, and I decided to be a part of it. FML.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Senseless killing is stupid.

I admire your no-harm philosophy, but saying it like that isn't going to do anymore that alienate people. Vegans are pretty cool people but the few vociferous PETA types make most people hate them all. You can make your point without spitting fire.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Xana » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:God, that's stupid. You could of grabbed a tissue, picked it up, and carried it outside; rather than having to deal with the guilt of taking an innocent life for no reason other than your own prejudices, AND having to dispose of the corpse you created. People like you piss me off.

But that thing was deadly, if I had just let it live it could have bitten someone.
@Stryker- I don't take people on the internet seriously so no apology needed.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Plus, they're just plain creepy. Bl

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:24 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I also have arachnophobia, and I still take spiders outside. Senseless killing is stupid.

I have an old deodorant bottle that I use for just such a purpose. That said, it's not without reason to think the fear and reaction of killing spiders is actually a product of evolution, something in-grained to better guarantee our own survival/general well-being.

@Topic: Lost one of my jobs, but it's alright, it was getting in the way of school, and I'm on track to getting a better one.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 pm

View Original PostXana wrote:But that thing was deadly, if I had just let it live it could have bitten someone.

Actually, the deadliness of black widows are highly exaggerated. Deaths that are caused by bites are usually people who were frail or small children. Some people who've been bitten don't even realize it. Plus, most of the time they don't even inject any venom, which is used to disable small bugs and not to hurt humans. The venom does attack red blood cells and your nervous system though, so it does cause irritation, depending on how a particular person reacts to the venom, it could be less than a typical mosquito bite.

http://www.calpoison.org/public/spiders.html#1

Also, Stephen Fry said so on "QI".

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Yeah, that's absolutely true. I've known a few people who have been bitten by poisonous spiders and the Brown Recluse is a worse experience for most. The flesh necrotizes and it looks like a bad staph infection. Then you have this hollow place in your limb. I'm sure it sucks ass, but still, most people don't die.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Cruel Thesis
Embryo

Postby Cruel Thesis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Lots of spiders around here. Mostly huntsman, sometimes big ones. They have a nasty habit of appearing around my shower.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”