Whats your job like?

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:10 pm

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:@I-one:
Be careful in china, they will corrupt you worse than we can.

Meh, I´m already chinese.

Allemann
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Allemann » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:56 pm

I'm not intending to be employed; I'll live comfortably off of society security. :)

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:10 pm

The one thing I like about my job is free movie tickets. I can't think the last time I paid money to see a movie.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:37 pm

@Tines:
Still, if I ever ran a company, insolence would get you smacked with a halibut, incompetance will get you smacked with a salmon. Thats how things will work at the doggy-kun fish processing plant.
(If only I had went a different way with my life, I could be smacking people with fish. *sigh*)

@Guyver Spawn:
I would have had to go nuke disney's corprate offices after that mess. Just one more reason to hate disney.

@I-One:
I don't know, they made my pure sweet chaste female friend into a smoker and a drinker. That was a blindside to me because she was always the good girl.

@BrikHaus:
If I ever need to get stitched up ill come to you then, but can I get a discount?

@TEM:
You should have added the speach from the battle of hastings to that, I would have luled.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Animejunkie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Animejunkie » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:57 am

dont judge me on my job =P... everyone i know wants to be able to fuck with those they work for cause every boss is an ass... besides u cant tell me that u dont want an easy day every now and then... also ive been thinkning about college a lot more lately... but i just dont got the money
IS AMAZING.... Better than cotton candy... NO WAY JOSE

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 am

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:

@I-One:
I don't know, they made my pure sweet chaste female friend into a smoker and a drinker. That was a blindside to me because she was always the good girl.

She went to the wrong places.

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 am

I am STILL in college / university, after going to odd jobs for some years and getting a certain civil service thing done and away with. Right now I have also landed teaching assistant job, which is kinda nice. I like being able to help other to learn, and in the process I get to re-learn and strengthen my understanding of the subject as well. (Computer science, btw. Right now I'm tutoring 2nd year database application projects [pretty much practical], next spring I'll be taking care of exercise groups for 2nd year concurrent programming course [bit more theoretical, even if not exactly at the algorithms & data structures or computability models level])

The pay isn't all that good (actually, it sucks) but it's enough to pay rent (at a student dorm) and food and stuff and still have a night at a bar with cheap beer every now and then. And as I said, the work is nice. And it doesn't come between me and my own studying nearly as much as pretty much anything else would.
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 pm

I'm a substitute teacher, hoping to get a full time teaching job relatively soon. Eventually I'll go back to school to get my masters/PHD so i can do school psychology.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:29 pm

View Original Postsupershinjiasukashipper wrote:
@lloyd:
You guys working on giant bio-mech suits that ned to be piloted by messed up teenagers in skin tight suits to fight harbingers of doom?

Sadly not, although I'll be sure to suggest it! ^_^
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:36 pm

@I-one:
Thats a possibility.

@AnimeJunkie:
If you can't afford college, I suggest signing p for a pell grant, its like a loan you don't have to pay back, and you can keep getting them till you earn a bachelors degree. Shoot me a message and i'll be glad to walk you through it, I belive everyone deserves a good education.
As for an easy day, those drive me insane, I always push myself to hardcore limits. Maybe thats why my body is so messed up now. Still, I have no regrets about pushing my mind and body to the limit, its awsome.

@lloyd:
You tell me how that goes.

@BiQ:
At least ur content, educated, and in a field that will no doubt grow by leaps and bounds. And if im ever in ur area i'll drop you a line so we can go by the local pub and get you some good beer.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

scarmullet
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby scarmullet » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 am

I dont have a proper job ie one that pays every week, I do odd jobs for people. Last week I was cleaning out an abandoned house ready for demolition, and I took home a gold Zelda NES cart and a Sega Saturn console.
Me and my Droogs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarmulletpart2
Serindip LLC are Nazis!!!!

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:47 pm

View Original Postscarmullet wrote:I dont have a proper job ie one that pays every week, I do odd jobs for people. Last week I was cleaning out an abandoned house ready for demolition, and I took home a gold Zelda NES cart and a Sega Saturn console.

Thats a nice surprise.
Interesting Quote:

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm a newspaper editor/page layout designer by trade. Well, not really what I went to school for, but I DO work at the most respected(?) newspaper in Western Mass. and have at least a few people at my job who I can call friends. I make fuck all for wage but it's enough to pay for my apartment and computer and anime fetish so who gives two shits, right? I just can't stand it when reporters misspell/misuse grammar in stories, becau-

God damn it. I'll just shut up now.
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 pm

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:I'm a newspaper editor/page layout designer by trade. Well, not really what I went to school for, but I DO work at the most respected(?) newspaper in Western Mass. and have at least a few people at my job who I can call friends. I make fuck all for wage but it's enough to pay for my apartment and computer and anime fetish so who gives two shits, right? I just can't stand it when reporters misspell/misuse grammar in stories, becau-

God damn it. I'll just shut up now.

Hey, what are you doing with a picture of my father?
Interesting Quote:

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:55 pm

I read some of the scott pilgrim comics recently and there's a guy in scott pilgrim named steven stills, the bosses for one of my jobs is named Steven stalls, cept instead of being some guy who plays in a band like in the comic my boss is a fat redneck that disgruntled employees sometimes try to beat up. But for some reason they fail, I have no idea how, must be because rednecks can't hit the side of a barn (most of the people in my moving job are rednecks)

But yeah my main job is doing computer graphics, I also have another side job at a pizza place, you will hear more of these later
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:I read some of the scott pilgrim comics recently and there's a guy in scott pilgrim named steven stills, the bosses for one of my jobs is named Steven stalls, cept instead of being some guy who plays in a band like in the comic my boss is a fat redneck that disgruntled employees sometimes try to beat up. But for some reason they fail, I have no idea how, must be because rednecks can't hit the side of a barn (most of the people in my moving job are rednecks)

But yeah my main job is doing computer graphics, I also have another side job at a pizza place, you will hear more of these later

Well if you ever want, ill assinate him for you, and since I like you i'll do it dirt cheap.
Interesting Quote:

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:59 am

Well if you ever want, ill assinate him for you, and since I like you i'll do it dirt cheap

I have other co-workers who are higher on the hit list so he'll have to wait for a bit.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 am

While it's not really a job, I volunteer quite often at a local nonprofit music and art venue. I really just do whatever job needs to be done, usually a bunch at once including running the sound board, selling concessions, watching the door, and assisting bands. Overall, it's a really fun experience and has been a great place for me to spend my free time over the last few years; and I get into shows for free!

Otherwise, I am planning on applying for a job once this next semester begins and I see how much free time I have. Probably waiting tables at a diner, or bagging at a grocery story.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:27 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:While it's not really a job, I volunteer quite often at a local nonprofit music and art venue. I really just do whatever job needs to be done, usually a bunch at once including running the sound board, selling concessions, watching the door, and assisting bands. Overall, it's a really fun experience and has been a great place for me to spend my free time over the last few years; and I get into shows for free!

Otherwise, I am planning on applying for a job once this next semester begins and I see how much free time I have. Probably waiting tables at a diner, or bagging at a grocery story.

That sounds fun. I wish I still had that kind of time on my hands.
Interesting Quote:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 am

View Original PostDefectron wrote:steven stills, ... some guy who plays in a band
That'd be the S in CSNY, apart from the spelling of the forename.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”