FML General Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu May 31, 2012 3:31 pm

Look at me, I'm using trope logic like a sheeperson!

This is all I'm seeing in your post, never use something as silly as "plot" when it comes to FMs. Powers are powers, fighting is fighting; bio armor isn't getting cut.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:bio armor isn't getting cut.
assuming that bio armor is organic, can it be dissolved?
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 pm

can it be dissolved?

Since no acidic attacks have been used on any bio armor, let alone BT's, it is hard to determine.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:30 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Since no acidic attacks have been used on any bio armor, let alone BT's, it is hard to determine.

Curious because in Guyver: The Bio-boosted Armor, a special enzyme can be used to dissolve the bio armor
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu May 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Guyver bio armor is not planet Zi bio armor.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu May 31, 2012 5:31 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:This is all I'm seeing in your post, never use something as silly as "plot" when it comes to FMs.

Lolwut? That's the foundation of the entire premise, dude; if you go solely by attack stats (which are on the back of the damn toys) that stupid dino's capabilities plummet dramatically (and more importantly, non-zoids don't have the same attack stats which makes unbiased comparison impossible).

And BTW, resorting to sheeple arguments when someone doesn't agree with you is a great way to piss people off. It's easy to see why you were banned at TK if this is your default response to disagreement.

Powers are powers, fighting is fighting; bio armor isn't getting cut.

Bullshit. Like I said, it gets cut if the plot says it does. You can hem and haw about it all you like, but at the end of the day plot (and its architect, the author) rule all. Hell, this is why Bio-Tyranno has the power it does in the anime anyway; if you look at the stats on the toys it's much less impressive. But the anime folks have a hardon for T-rexes, and fanboys go ga-ga over them, so whatever. That's just the way things go.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu May 31, 2012 5:35 pm

Lolwut? That's the foundation of the entire premise, dude; if you go solely but attack stats (which are on the back of the damn toys) that stupid dino's capabilities plummet dramatically.

You really don't grasp the concept of fantasy matches, do you? Plot has no barring is such field.
Like I said, it gets cut if the plot says it does

Plot has nothing to do with fighting capabilities.
It's easy to see why you were banned at TK if this is your default response to disagreement.

At least they had enough intelligence to realize just how meaningless plot is in FMs, you are the only person I have ever had this debate with or even took such stance. Only a sheeperson would do such thing.
You can hem and haw about it all you like, but at the end of the day plot (and its architect, the author) rule all.

It does not, you are a very silly man if you think that.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:Only a sheeperson would do such thing.

You know, I didn't quite buy into the sheeperson argument the first couple hundred times you've futilely argued with it, but now that I've completely lost count, it's slowly winning me over as a very valid debate tactic.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu May 31, 2012 6:03 pm

TOPIC

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 am

I have a... Particular, school situation, basically i can't attend school, like, i can't physically go to the damned place, i just get sick and get about to damn cry whenever i so much as set foot inside it. So, somehow, i ended up in a particular situation mainly crafted by one of the teachers from "my" school, who are trying to help me (Ahaha, how fucked up is that eh? :lol:) And now, among many other things i have to do (But this one is the one that's fucking me up the most emotionally, at least for the moment) Is that i have to call one of my classmates tomorrow and ask her for some copies of her notebooks. I feel this is a good moment to mention/remind that i have a deep fear of talking with people, social anxiety, i think i'm akward as hell and that i make people uncomfortable, ocassionally i'm a emotional mess (Part of why i don't like talking with strangers, since i have to pretend i'm normal/ok when i feel like crying, which can happen suddenly) And i also have an almost pathological fear of women (That last one seems to have been decreasing over the years, but it's still quite strong) I... Actually had to do this since a few weeks ago, but i just. Don't. Dare. I really really don't look forward to that, i really don't want to do this :sniffle: Fuck. Dammit.

So... I guess that's kind of on-topic too. Sorry.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:43 am

Having to call a classmate and ask for notes is actually a perfect opportunity for you. I used to be the shyest person around until I had an assignment for newspaper class that involved calling the parents of one of my classmates to interview them for a "practice article" that all of the students were taking part in. That particular situation could really be considered the first real stepping stone for me coming out of my shell.

Seriously, as cliché of advice as this is, you really just have to force yourself into it. Once it's done, you'll not only feel a lot better, and will probably be surprised that it wasn't actually really that hard.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:46 am

No need to apologise, Dream. Posting your problems is what this thread's for after all.

Wish I could offer you more, but an internet hug's all I got. :huggles: Hope it helps, even if only a little. . .
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Having to call a classmate and ask for notes is actually a perfect opportunity for you. I used to be the shyest person around until I had an assignment for newspaper class that involved calling the parents of one of my classmates to interview them for a "practice article" that all of the students were taking part in. That particular situation could really be considered the first real stepping stone for me coming out of my shell.

Seriously, as cliché of advice as this is, you really just have to force yourself into it. Once it's done, you'll not only feel a lot better, and will probably be surprised that it wasn't actually really that hard.

Exactly Dream. Perhaps you can use this situation to your advantage as an opportunity to grow and learn.

Instead of thinking of what you can lose from these social situations, try instead to think of what you can GAIN socially from them. Instead of thinking about the negatives all the time, try and think of the positives. :) It's not as hard as people think to ask for help or to approach others. You can get through this Dream.

Hang in there. :thumbsup:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Having to call a classmate and ask for notes is actually a perfect opportunity for you. I used to be the shyest person around until I had an assignment for newspaper class that involved calling the parents of one of my classmates to interview them for a "practice article" that all of the students were taking part in. That particular situation could really be considered the first real stepping stone for me coming out of my shell.

Actually, and even tough it might not sound like it, the opportunity thing is the first i though when i knew i had to eventually call her, i think in my case, i pretty much hated (almost) all of the situations i had to come out of my shell (My comfortable life/my home or comfort zone/ etc.) I guess i will feel better and find out it wasn't really that hard (It has happened in the past i think) But... Still, i think i would be uncertain/wouldn't know if that would be something i'd want to ever go through again if i had a choice in the matter. And also, i really don't know how to deal with her... Ugh, dammit.

SPOILER: Show
View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:No need to apologise, Dream. Posting your problems is what this thread's for after all.

Wish I could offer you more, but an internet hug's all I got. :huggles: Hope it helps, even if only a little. . .

Yeah, i guess that's also why at least half of my posts are in this thread.

And the hug is actually a gigantic help, CoL, so thank you very much ^_^.

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:Exactly Dream. Perhaps you can use this situation to your advantage as an opportunity to grow and learn.

Instead of thinking of what you can lose from these social situations, try instead to think of what you can GAIN socially from them. Instead of thinking about the negatives all the time, try and think of the positives. :) It's not as hard as people think to ask for help or to approach others. You can get through this Dream.

Hang in there. :thumbsup:

Hmm, i think lately i've been making some progress in those areas (A few things i haven't written and likely never will) and in any case i can't really avoid doing this (Well, i can, but things would be horrible if i didn't) Anyway, thanks for the "Hang in there" It's quite inspiring.

I still feel frightened and like i want to cry a little tough, but that is a bit unavoidable. I only wish... I didn't have/need to do this. I hate this kind of pain.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:25 am

You're welcome, Dream. :tiphat:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:28 am

I know that this kind of pain you're going through is hard Dream, put it eventually will pass, and you will be stronger when you've overcome it. :)

You can pull through this Dream. :thumbsup::
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:20 am

@Dream
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. If you have to take the first steps by going fully dissociated, that still works.

Just remember -- everyone else is equally much hiding their own insecurities. You are not the odd one out like that.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Redaye
Adam

Postby Redaye » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:02 pm

@Dream

The plant with the strongest roots is the one that had to fight its way through the man-made concrete. It will crack and you will grow. If it weren't so, I'd not be here to say it. 'Hang in there!'
Process: Attempting to Comprehend
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (20%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion: RUNTIME ERROR 601

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:47 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Just remember -- everyone else is equally much hiding their own insecurities. You are not the odd one out like that.

Others just come off as bored and bitter in situations where I'd be insecure. I don't think they're just putting on an act.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I don't think they're just putting on an act.
After a time, the act becomes a habit. I'm pretty certain that I can come over sounding bored and bitter while the little boy behind the mask is quietly gibbering in the background.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”