A collation of topics relating to Evangelion

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zuggy
Banned

A collation of topics relating to Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:20 am

I thought it would be easier to simply post quotes from topics that had connections to EVA rather than starting a hundred or so threads. If anyone wants to start new topics from this or quote me then thats cool 8)

Most of this information comes from Wikipedia.
From now one I'll post any new stuff I come across here. I hope this is okay with EM.

Astral Projection and the Bible:
Porjectors claim they can (at will or otherwise) see a silver cord linking their astral form to their physical body. This cord mainly appears to a beginning projector as assurance they will not become lost. However, even experienced projector find it useful, claiming it is a fast way to return to the body. If the silver cord is severed during life, as a rare form of suicide or naturally by death, projectors believe one returns to the astral as one of eight phases of death, ending either in one's shard of spirit being returned to God or by rebirth.
Relates to the Umbilical Cable.

Metatron's Cube:
In early kabbalist scriptures, Metatron supposedly forms the cube from his soul, which can later be seen in Christian art, where it appears on his chest or floating behind him. Metatron's cube is also considered a holy glyph, and was often drawn around an object or person to ward off demons and satanic powers.
Relates to the AT field.

Thats all for now, hopefully this will open up a few new areas for people to research a little - if anybody out there wants to post subjects that they feel relates to Evangelion then thats even better.

If we could condense all the connections that EVA has to the 'real world' or occult practises, similar to the two I wrote above, then perhaps peeps could use it as a sort of index to find everything they want that relates to EVA.

Hope this makes more sense than my other posts :)
Thanks

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:55 am

I'm not too sure how closely the first (this...silver cord) relates to Evangelion, as the umbilical cable only serves to provide power for the evangelion.
The second sounds interesting, but in Eva, the AT field is an octagon or a hexagon (forgot which...)

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:18 pm

I see the relation but... It doesn't really help to further understand the AT field at all.

Zuggy
Banned

Other Stuff

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:35 pm

Link to article about the 'Morphogenetic field'

A morphogenetic field (or morphic field), according to biologist Rupert Sheldrake, is a hypothetical biological (and potentially social) equivalent to an electromagnetic field that operates to shape the exact form of a living thing, as part of its epigenetics, and may also shape its behaviour and coordination with other beings.

I see the relation but... It doesn't really help to further understand the AT field at all.

Perhaps not necessary to understanding the AT Field, but interesting all the same.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:40 pm

The Tree of Life, in the Book of Genesis, is a tree whose fruit gives everlasting life, i.e. immortality. After eating of the Tree of Knowledge of good and evil, the story goes, Adam and Eve are exiled from the Garden of Eden. Fearing Adam and Eve will also eat of the tree of life and become immortal, God sets angels to guard the entrance to the Garden.
Last edited by Zuggy on Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:55 pm

The Tree of Life thing is old. As for the other two, they would only hold any real relevance if you asked the creators and they said, "Yeah, we heard about that and used it." Otherwise, it's just a cord (borrowed from another anime, no less) and a shield.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:53 am

This is the kind of thing that ppl look to deep into.

K2Grey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby K2Grey » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:19 pm

I think the Tree of Life has more to do with the Norse type of deal, although the Fruit of Knowledge/Life deal is definitely pulled out of Genesis. Although in the end all these religious references only prove that Seele is full of people who are really obsessed with religion :P

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:04 pm

EEG Biofeedback as an Adjunct to Psychotherapy with Borderline and Narcissistic Patients.
[url]http://www.eegresearch.com/articles/general_17.htm[/url]

Another interesting link for those... interested

pHasE _4!
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pHasE _4! » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:25 am

I need some help.

I've watched the series twice already & the films a few times but there's still a couple of burning questions i have. I just wanna know if anyone maybe has answers for it, or could perhaps direct me to links where i can find them. These forums are quite huge you know.

They go like this:

1) Why is there a red flash of Koaru when Akagi strangles Rei during DnR and again when Misato explains everything to Shinji in the car(EoE).
2) What did Fuyutski mean in the later episodes (cant remember which one) when he says something like: "why is it (unit 00) rejecting me". It was refusing to activate while Rei was in it.
3) What is the significance of Koaru & what was the meaning when Rei also appeared when Koaru got to Lilith. He smiled at her or something as well.
4) What exactly was Gendo's intentions compared to that of SEELE when it comes to the Third Impact issue.
5) Is Ritsuko's mother in Eva00.
6) Who is the woman Kaji meets with in Magma Diver and later as well when they discuss The Marduk Project.
7) SEELE say that they cannot use Adam & Lilith because the Lance is not retrievable, & that they'll us Unit01 but how was what actually happened (with Lilith anyway) different to what they intended. Or was it just unexpected that the Lance would return.
8) Why do the Angels need to return to Adam and Lilith( I think).

I had more but cant think of them right now. I know some of you guys must think I'm kinda stupid, but these things i just cant make sense of.

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:27 am

pHasE_4 wrote:2) What did Fuyutski mean in the later episodes (cant remember which one) when he says something like: "why is it (unit 00) rejecting me". It was refusing to activate while Rei was in it.

I think your referring to when Gendo says that during the battle with Zeruel. Unit-01 doesn't accept either Rei or the dummy plug.

pHasE _4! wrote:4) What exactly was Gendo's intentions compared to that of SEELE when it comes to the Third Impact issue.

Well, I may be wrong but I think all Gendo really wanted out of 3I was to be with Yui again. I think SEELE wanted the whole human race to become one.

pHasE_4 wrote:5) Is Ritsuko's mother in Eva00.

I don't think so. (I'm not too sure though...) In Episode 23, Rei quotes " Who? Me? Me within Eva. No, I feel someone else other than me." When she says "someone else other than me" I think that it implies that her soul is in the Eva. So I think that it is Rei I in the Unit-00.

As for the rest of the questions, I'm unsure to a point I can't answer.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:49 am

1) Pass

2) That would be Yui rejecting Rei (presumably for "tasting" just like the dummy plug).

3) Kaworu is an embodiment of Adam, as Rei is for Lilith. She was the source of the second big-ass AT field. He was just being `enigmatic.

4) akda1ndaonly1 has it

5) No. It's ReiI/anaspect of Lilith

6) His contact/"handler" in Japanese Government Intelligence

7) Things were sufficiently chaotic that it seems likely that they were just winging it by that stage - but Yui took charge about the time of the return of the pilum Longini.

7+1) To set the plot in motion.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

pHasE _4!
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pHasE _4! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:47 am

Thanx, those answers seem to make sense.

But i'm pretty sure that Fuyutski was whispering to Gendo; "Why is it refusing ME?" I need to reference that scene again. :?:

Another thing is this, I'm thinking about getting Directors Cut but is it worth it. How much extra is there.
Not to forget.... is that coffee pot scene (Asuka/Shinji) in EoE part of it as well or was it made purely for EoE? :wink:

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:13 am

pHasE _4! wrote:Not to forget.... is that coffee pot scene (Asuka/Shinji) in EoE part of it as well or was it made purely for EoE? :wink:

That doesn't happen in the "real" world at all; it's part of the bizzaro madness happening inside their minds during Third Impact.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:59 pm

pHasE _4! wrote:Not to forget.... is that coffee pot scene (Asuka/Shinji) in EoE part of it as well or was it made purely for EoE? :wink:

It refers back to the added material where Shinji tells Asuka that Kaji is dead, and a coffee-pot is actually sent crashing to the floor - whereupon she departs, and the next we see she's sitting in a bathtub having slit her wrists.

Just as the kiss in ep#15 becomes a kick in the first twisted replay, so Shinji's metaphorical killing of Asuka with his words becomes a literal one.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”