GLBTQ Otaku Represent!!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:09 am

It's a spectrum. It's all a spectrum.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:10 am

Then I'm definitely closer to the straighter side. :lol: (Boobs and thighs, man. Mmph.)

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:16 am

I was when I was younger, still am today (identify as straight), but a lot more comfortable/fluid in how I view myself and my orientation. Getting older and getting married did a lot for maturing in that aspect.

I mean, generally, I've always been supportive of LGBT rights, vocally and organizationally (been that way since I was aware of the subject...too many friends in that camp to be opposed, really). Never really analyzed it for how I was, though. Always afraid to; I don't live in an easy state (or have been in easy places) to allow myself to do that.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:19 am

I've never found a reason to want to tell other people who they're allowed to grind their genitals against. It just doesn't seem polite.

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:21 am

I simply go about my business whilst others are grinding themselves against me, too. I'm often told I'm too polite, however.
Last edited by Sorrow on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:37 pm

Special occasion post: Happy National Coming Out Day! :heart:

I hate how no matter how many times I come out, it's still gut-wrenchingly terrifying.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Congratulations @SSD
^_^
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Okay, chainsaw surgery complete. Now let's keep this thread a happy sparkly place and not ruin it with debate, okay?
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Yo, 'sisco be fuggin' legit bomb, son!

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/14/world/europe/vatican-signals-more-tolerance-toward-gays-and-remarriage.html?_r=0[/url]

POPE FRANK 2016

This is pretty great, I'm not a particularly religious person, but I fucking love this turn of events.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Keep in mind that that this is only the equivalent of a list of suggestions and no one is saying that there'll be a change in doctrine. However, this news give me a feeling that a general council of the church will be called by the end of the decade.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:48 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Keep in mind that that this is only the equivalent of a list of suggestions and no one is saying that there'll be a change in doctrine. However, this news give me a feeling that a general council of the church will be called by the end of the decade.

Errrr...wasn't there one going on? I remember reading something about a lot of bishops and the like convening at the Vatican to discuss this particular subject (amongst others).

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 am

In awesome news, Cracked just posted an article on myths we still believe about homosexuality. It was a pretty good read: I would link it, but I'm doing this from my phone. It should still be the top article on cracked.com.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:34 am

E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:41 am

Good man, Shinoyami65.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am

The site itself comes off as way too douchey type of liberal so i'm afraid i can't be bothered to click the link, but it does seem pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I don't really have much to share to the general topic (even though i guess i kinda fit in some of the letters, i don't feel like talking about those topics atm) specially since i'm not very sure what's this thread purpose, but it's really nice that you guys have a happy/safe place for whatever it's raison'd'etre is.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 am

The main purpose based off SSD's initial post is to have other GLBTQ EGF related members make it known of their sexuality. In other words, who else is an anime/Eva fan that is within the spectrum of GLBTQ?
Also a hub to share your coming-out stories as well as show support I imagine.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:28 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:In awesome news, Cracked just posted an article on myths we still believe about homosexuality. It was a pretty good read: I would link it, but I'm doing this from my phone. It should still be the top article on cracked.com.

Good article. I like. It's well-written, I think-- and I'm not finding any initial disagreements with what they have to say.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Totally gay and definite KaworuxShinji shipper here. :D
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Be loud and proud, you crazy LKS kid, you.

;)

Couldn't help but notice a fellow Texan: I hope you aren't in a part of the state that's unfriendly to GLBTQ individuals.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:35 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Couldn't help but notice a fellow Texan: I hope you aren't in a part of the state that's unfriendly to GLBTQ individuals.

Which part isn't? (Serious question.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”