Kaworu Question

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:57 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The list of powers from GothGirl95 and Jornophelanthas are impressively researched, but aren't they all based on NGE/EoE and thus should not be taken for granted as such in NME? Many assume he is an Angel in NME, but I am not sure we even have a definitive proof on this.

I feel like it'd be more of a stretch to assume that he isn't one. A lot of stuff has changed in Rebuild, but I don't think anything fundamental about anybody's character has been altered.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

^"better safe than sorry", Kaworu was directly linked to Adam but in this case we have 4 "Adams", it's kinda possible that something about his background has been somehow altered.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:06 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:The list of powers from GothGirl95 and Jornophelanthas are impressively researched, but aren't they all based on NGE/EoE and thus should not be taken for granted as such in NME? Many assume he is an Angel in NME, but I am not sure we even have a definitive proof on this.

My post contains a disclaimer about exactly this basis in NGE.

So let's talk about Rebuild-Kaworu. What are his alien superpowers here?
- Ability to survive in near-zero atmosphere without any apparent discomfort.
- Ability to communicate with Kiel without any apparent technology.

Especially that first ability marks Kaworu as more than meets the eye, as Gendo and Fuyutsuki also comment.

I am personally of the opinion that Kaworu is still Angelic in nature, but Lilith-based rather than Adam-based. I believe that the rewrite of "four Adams" applies to Rei's backstory, not Kaworu's.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 am

I guess it could be a feature of his Eva, but he may also be levitating Mark 06 as he did Unit-02.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:17 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I guess it could be a feature of his Eva, but he may also be levitating Mark 06 as he did Unit-02.

I think it's a feature of Unit-06, since one of the Gendo scenes in Rebuild 2.0 suggests that the godhood status that Unit-01 attained was either only intended to be realized in Unit-06, or had already been realized in Unit-06.

Unfortunately, I can't recall the exact moment in the movie and therefore can't quote it here.

Regardless, though, we already saw that Unit-01 in god mode could power itself without a power cord, regenerate a lost limb out of light, emit a halo, and initiate Near-Third-Impact. And it could levitate, as it did when it absorbed the 10th Angel into into its core.
Unit-06 functions without a power cord, emits a halo and is able to levitate. It seems likely that Unit-06 has already attained this god-mode.

Whether or not this has anything to do with Kaworu's nature, remains to be seen.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”