Evangelion Battle Orchaestra - Back, in PSP Form!

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Furu
Adam

Evangelion Battle Orchaestra - Back, in PSP Form!

•      
  •      

Postby Furu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am

Remember that PS2 Smash Bros-styled Evangelion fighting game?

...No?

Well it's back, and this time for the PSP!

Having very little Japanese skill, I can't discern much in the way of improvements or differences for the game, but there is this PV on the official site (yes, that's an embedded Youtube video. High quality work, Broccoli!) that unveils at least one major detail, namely a new character.

Yes, that is exactly who it looks like it is doing exactly what it appears to be.

The game comes out at the end of the month. Anyone with a PSP up for importing action?
Insert Block of Text here.

evaunit13
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby evaunit13 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:27 am

who's the new character
i want rebuild

Lleonard Pler
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lleonard Pler » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes, we talked about this port in the PS2 thread. I'm so getting the limited edition. :clap:

evaunit13 wrote:who's the new character

Lillith.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:46 pm

Looks cool. This might persuade me to put off modding my PS2 for a while... However, there's still the whole debacle of multiplayer, unless this game uses the share feature...
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm

So this is a import friendly game, not much jp knowledge needed?

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:53 am

So what exactly is the story behind EVA Alpha and EVA Beta? This is the first time I've heard of them, but I can hardly find any translated information on them.

What are they?
Why don't they follow the usual naming scheme?
Who pilots Beta (since it's a given that Kaworu pilots Alpha)?
Where are they from ... originally?
Is there any art of them that doesn't involve blurry polygons?

Riotgear
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Riotgear » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:44 am

Ugh, I hate myself - I preordered this despite owning the PS2 version. Allow me to educate you in the depths of my sin - I have a few Japanese PS2 games yet I haven't even got my PS2 chipped so that I can play them. I blame procrastination mainly. All of them are special editions that came with extra crap... yes, you guessed it, that was the main reason I got them, though I definitely want to be able to play them in time.

So here I am again, feeling slimy for having ordered not just another Japanese Eva game primarily for its extras (that sweet PSP semi-hard case) - but one I already own. At least I'll actually be able to play this one thanks to PSP games having no region protection.

I'm so sorry guys. I'm the reason everything gets a 'special limited edition' release, why they made Die Sterne 2.0, why they pump out so many Revoltech Eva-01 variants and why so many spinoffs exist. I'm probably even a contributing factor to why hideous crap like this exists.

Anyway, once I have the game I'll be able to answer questions if anyone has them (assuming it's something easy like gameplay questions. I doubt I'll be the fountain of knowledge on Eva Alpha and Beta XD ...Though I read that Beta operates on the dummy system rather than being piloted, Dracula).

Fredrick2003
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredrick2003 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:59 pm

Was that a NERV PSP case in that trailer?

Thats pretty awesome...

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:48 pm

so yeah, you cant play it if you have custom firmware. I give it a maximum of two months before they crack the protection.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Teague
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Teague » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:11 am

I give it one month, if the base is determined enough.

Still, from what I've seen on YouTube the game looks pretty good. I laughed so hard when I saw Gunbuster
"Don't you touch a hair on that boy's head! Have you no respect? He's mine! Get your own human play-thing, you quartz-brained little creampuff!"- Bernard Black
"Kaji was the most heartbroken and shattered over Kaji's death besides Misato." -AuraTwilight
Self-admitted meme-whore.
Unashamed troper.
O-sensei's House of a Thousand Hearts: Lest We Forget

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:57 pm

well they already created the PSARdumper for PSP Firmwares 5.50 to 5.55. The Hackers (like team m33 and PSPgen) are already at it to release a new CFW. Im so happy I didnt delete my evangelion Jo and Battle Orchestra Portable Iso's!
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”