The "Sequel Theory" Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:02 am

Reichu wrote:The Angels dissolve into a red fluid that hasn't been identified by any "technical" term. It's typically referred to as "blood", though I can't help but think they're just being informal for now... LCL, as it comes out of Lilith (in Rebuild even), is that same amber color that humans splatter into in NGE.

This doesn't quite explain red oceans of "LCL" in EoE... "Fanwank something."

As stated probably fifty times in this thread (yeah, I know, newcomers don't wanna read the horrible thing), Maya compares Sachiel's goopy remains to Second Impact, which seems to be some kind of not-so-subtle hint about what's making the oceans red.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:03 am

I guess he means when Adam exploded his goop got in all the worlds ocean and killed all the fish.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:05 am

I was just kidding, I knew what he meant

Maybe the angels
SPOILER: Show
ARE THE FISH

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:49 am

snowballreborn wrote:I was just kidding, I knew what he meant

Shoebilloo wrote:I guess he means when Adam exploded his goop got in all the worlds ocean and killed all the fish.

:eva01_roar:

@snowball: If you think that was worth a throwaway "lolwut", you haven't seen anything yet...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 am

We don't know what exactly happened during or leading up to 2I in rebuild's universe. We do know Misato and her father was there, but there's nothing really explained about it in the detail that we get in 21'. If anything, there may not have been an S2 related explosion for 2I, and it (as far as the imagery involved goes) looks a lot like what was about to happen at the end of 2.0.

snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:16 am

Reichu wrote: If you think that was worth a throwaway "lolwut", you haven't seen anything yet...

I know what you mean. I just had that charles manson picture on the other tab and it was too hard to resist posting it. I knew what it meant from the beginning and I have seen way worse.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 am

Reichu wrote:
snowballreborn wrote:I was just kidding, I knew what he meant

Shoebilloo wrote:I guess he means when Adam exploded his goop got in all the worlds ocean and killed all the fish.

:eva01_roar:

Sorry, all I have going to whether you are male or female is an avatar.
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

snowballreborn
Lilith

Postby snowballreborn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:25 am

same here, like I've lurked for three or four years, but all I've payed attention to was news and people's views on Rebuild. I didn't really give a shit about members.

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 am

Reichu wrote:This doesn't quite explain red oceans of "LCL" in EoE... "Fanwank something."

Adam, an EVA-sized lifeform, exploded and turned Antarctica's oceans red with his goop in the original series.

Lilith, a planet-sized lifeform, proportionally turned all of the world's oceans red with her goop when she exploded in EoE.

Furthermore, all of the oceans being red in Rebuild could simply mean Adam was much bigger in this version, and/or filled with more goo for whatever reason.
Last edited by I Accidentally Dracula on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 am

Sammaeloo wrote:Sorry, all I have going to whether you are male or female is an avatar.
So, fumbled your "Spot .sig" roll, then, eh?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Sammaeloo wrote:Sorry, all I have going to whether you are male or female is an avatar.
So, fumbled your "Spot .sig" roll, then, eh?

MEEP! Can't believe I missed that in the sig and it was in plain sight...:blush:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 am

@I Accidentally Dracula: The mechanic of Angels dissolving into fluid wasn't present in the original series. (Additionally, everything turned red long before Lilith fell apart. But that's more Discussion stuff.)

And, yeah, the sheer amount of red stuff does raise the question of just how much Angel biomass we're talking here... I've had the image in my mind of Adam bloating to grotesque proportions, but we'll have to see.

@Ornette: I can't check at the moment, but I think Misato tells Shinji in 1.0 that 2I involved an explosion.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

I Accidentally Dracula
Banned

Postby I Accidentally Dracula » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:57 am

Reichu wrote:@I Accidentally Dracula: The mechanic of Angels dissolving into fluid wasn't present in the original series.

It was in Adam's case.

where is your god now.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:09 am

That can't exactly be explained by a mechanic introduced in Rebuild; you need to stick to NGE's rules. (In NGE, Angel bodies remain very much intact after death, unless, of course, they blow themselves to smithereens.) Hence, for example: the souls of the life affected by Adam's AATF suspended in water possibly reconfigured by Adam's incomplete "terraforming" into some other liquid. We're getting a bit off topic, in any case.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

catinajar
Lilith

Postby catinajar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:46 am

I really like the word goop.
'I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY....I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY....I MUSTN'T RUN AWAY....

'Shinji really shines in the hospital scene' - LiLi on the... ah-hem... 'Beautiful Boy' ;)

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Assuming Adam growing to immense size and exploding isn't what's responsible for all the world-wide red blood and stuff, could the remainder have been caused somehow by (2.0 Spoilers)
SPOILER: Show
That apparent hole to another dimension or something opened by Second Impact?

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 pm

perhaps the black hole is a new representation of the door of gauf

Aura: we dont need spoiler tags here

catinajar
Lilith

Postby catinajar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:Assuming Adam growing to immense size and exploding isn't what's responsible for all the world-wide red blood and stuff, could the remainder have been caused somehow by (2.0 Spoilers) That apparent hole to another dimension or something opened by Second Impact?

Sorry to sound dense, but how would that cause the redness? Would the redness be coming from the hole itself or from something that came out of the hole?
And what hole precisely is this? I think I'm a bit lost with this one, but I really want to understand!

EDIT - Are we talking 'Door Of Guf' rather than another dimension? Because if we are then I understand. As far as it's possibly anyway...

'Shinji really shines in the hospital scene' - LiLi on the... ah-hem... 'Beautiful Boy' ;)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

@catinajar: This jar, er thread, may be relevant to your interests. (Least, if I'm reading Aura right...) Keep reading until I start promising that I'm going to follow up on my last post and utterly fail to. College skewered me from above.

If you're not following the Guf references, the Wiki entry might be decent enough to help out here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

catinajar
Lilith

Postby catinajar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Reichu wrote:If you're not following the Guf references, the Wiki entry might be decent enough to help out here.

I think I'm following, it was all the 'another dimension' talk that had me a tad puzzled for a short while. However, I follow now, though am going to give the wiki one more read because you can never be TOO sure...

I will await your failing to follow up on that threat/promise with interest. Or will have forgotten about it in an hour. Either way really makes no difference.

EDIT - Investigating link with interest now. Forgot to thank you for that.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”