Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:26 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Really? How much have you posed your Evas? The very first Revoltech Evas I got still have their small revolver joints intact. Im surprised that your new Eva Evo's wrist joints are worn out already? As long as they dont crack in half it should be ok. Even RD Evas get loose joints if you play with them too much.

lol its actually worst,the evaevos use the smallest revo joint for the hands like the ones that dont actually have any "clickyness"(the ones they used for the transformable valkries)so they are basically friction base.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:29 pm

Found a big pic of Eva 05 Evolution...
It's the same that was on the Wonderfest I think:

Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Well as much as I hate Bandai for the massive amounts of exclusives its actually smart on their behalf(Remember the Japan community and everyone living in it are not being hurt by this,they get to pay retail for their Exclusives,like around 45$ each)You see when they do an exclusive of a caracter(usually ones that are not real popular,had less screen time in their respective cannon,multi forms and mostly proven shelfwarmers like eva unit 00)they are garanteed to make all their money back cause they make exclusives per order,meaning if by preorder end date only 1456 amount of orders are made for a certain exclusive then only 1456 are gonna be made and thus the potential to lose money from shelfwarmers is avoided.YES,it sucks for us living outside Japan but its very smart for bandai its obvouslly working for them so theres no reason to stop......

If what your saynig is true....wow makes sense for Bandai sure. Hmm....still glad we have so many scalpers and extra sellers ordering for us. Without them we'd be screwed with the online exclusives.

@Arael. Interesting. Thanks for the pic. But aside from a more polished sculpt with surprisingly less gloss, not so sure about it. We will have to wait for more details. I wonder if its to scale wtih the Evas this time. The old 2.0 Eva Unit 05 sculpt was based on the Revoltech miniature scale. So it didnt really match with the normal size of the Revoltech Evas.
Last edited by Electric Sachiel on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:Well that kinda makes them exclusives, to the Japanese market at least. And though they are Japanese franchises and they may be right to sell them primarly to their Japanese fellow is kinda stupid that you ignore a worldwide market.

I mean is not like Evangelion (or many other series) are just popular there, for example, the Saint Seiya series are freaking popular in Spain, France and most of Latin America, they have a huuuuuge following, rivaling the Japanese fandom, and though some products come here, any self respecting collector know that you either import your figures or you are pretty much left out because the ones that get to your country are few and not the whole range.

I don't disagree but this isn't just a toy issue but rather a Japanese approach to business that permeates there entire economy. They are insular when it comes to exporting and (especially) importing and in general are very hard to deal with from a licensing perspective. Look at the busted anime industry in the U.S. as an example. I've read numerous articles concerning the parent Japanese studios being dumbfounded at the notion Americans generally don't want to buy a $50 DVD that has 2 to 3 episodes of a series. Obviously numerous other factors are involved but ypu get the picture.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:33 pm

View Original PostVolume11 wrote:They aren't exclusive or limited in the sense you are complaining about. Its more like web only but open to anyone and with a limit of 24 awakened unit 1s per customer its hardly being produced in limited quantities. What makes the situation frustrating and drives up the price for is that they only sell to Japanese residents. And while I wish it were different they are mainly Japanese company selling a Japanese toy from. Japananese franchise. Its hard to fault them for that. And as I brought up earlier we dont know what constraints were put on them by Gainax.

Not really a excuse, saint seiya also has tamashii web limited products, and in case you don't know, saint seiya TANKED in Japan, in fact the rest of the world (mostly italy,spain,mexico and brazil) are the biggest consumers of saint seiya products and the cloth myth series,and still they insist in doing limited web releases.
With evangelion being the worse offender as pointed out, they dont have many mechas, so why make them limited ?

What i aint paying 50 buckes for 2-3 episodes eihter, it's 4 or 5 eps for 30 bucks.
Last edited by bladerj on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANATA BAKA !?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

Man I was kinda excited about evaevo unit 05 but it really does not look any different then the 2.0 version.......that sucks......

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Not really a excuse, saint seiya also has tamashii web limited products, and in case you don't know, saint seiya TANKED in Japan, in fact the rest of the world (mostly italy,spain,mexico and brazil) are the biggest consumers of saint seiya products and the cloth myth series,and still they insist in doing limited web releases.
With evangelion being the worse offender as pointed out, they dont have many mechas, so why make them limited ?

See my above post. Ultimately I dont think Bandai is terribly worried about foreign markets and in Evangelion's case its less of an issue due to its enormous popularity in Japan.

Take the rebuild movies as an example. Each movie is being is licensed alone vs. a larger 4 movie deal in foreign markets...if it were an American release it would be opposite most likely.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Man I was kinda excited about evaevo unit 05 but it really does not look any different then the 2.0 version.......that sucks......

One more thing to point ot from RD... You apparently impair your sigth:

Let's see:
-There are joints on the electricity-collecting thingies
-The head does look a bit different (still no "Provisional Eva 5" on the forehead)
-The articulation on the pylons and shoulders is different
-The lance thingie can now move independently from the forearm
-The torso joint
-The joint in the middle of each leg is gone
-The joint leg>propulsor wheel-thingies appears to be bigger

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:saint seiya TANKED in Japan

And thats the reason why theyre mostly exclusives.Why mass produce a bunch of figures for a series that bombed in Japan it makes no business sense.

Remember they don't care about the foriegn market when it comes to Japanese franchises and foriegners include mexico,italy,spain,brazil and everywhere else not named Japan.When they say they hate foriegners that does not mean just america lol

@Arael hmmm now that you pointed that out i do see some differences thanks im excited again
^^

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:15 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:@Arael hmmm now that you pointed that out i do see some differences thanks im excited again^^

Interesting..... Could be even more interesting if the wheels on the figure could turn and if the Revoltech this time was made to scale with the regular Revoltech line. Cuz the previous Unit 05 we got was undersized. Was too small.....concur?

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Interesting..... Could be even more interesting if the wheels on the figure could turn and if the Revoltech this time was made to scale with the regular Revoltech line. Cuz the previous Unit 05 we got was undersized. Was too small.....concur?

Looked a bit smaller to me when I saw it person (the non evo version) but maybe thats the proper scale as the design itself may have been smaller in the film, though it doesn't appear that way.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 pm

View Original PostVolume11 wrote:Looked a bit smaller to me when I saw it person (the non evo version) but maybe thats the proper scale as the design itself may have been smaller in the film, though it doesn't appear that way.

Then again, in the film, the only point of refecence as to measure size was the Entry Plug...
Maybe the Eva is small... Aren't there wacky theories that say that Eva 05 didn't grew well or that there was an error or even that it's growth was suspended to be placed in action?
As far as I'm concerned, and judging from the size of the stand, it is, if not the same size of a standard Evo, just a little smaller...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm

who cares, what you should be asking is, is it still a floppy ? The original gained unanimous reviews saying the articulations was too loose to make any pose.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:23 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:who cares, what you should be asking is, is it still a floppy ? The original gained unanimous reviews saying the articulations was too loose to make any pose.

Well.. The articulations do look bigger (bigger>steadier/rigid)... Maybe... Who know... I'll let you know in September when he arrives :p

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:50 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Well.. The articulations do look bigger (bigger>steadier/rigid)... Maybe... Who know... I'll let you know in September when he arrives :p

Bleh september ? i can see the pics now, why must we wait so long ?
Btw, one thing the revoltech beated the RD was the unit 02 rocket pack, it has more detail and the colors of the light are movie acurate, though i wished the flaps moved,i'll see if i can cut it loose and arm it to move somehow.
ANATA BAKA !?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Bleh september ? i can see the pics now, why must we wait so long ?
Btw, one thing the revoltech beated the RD was the unit 02 rocket pack, it has more detail and the colors of the light are movie acurate, though i wished the flaps moved,i'll see if i can cut it loose and arm it to move somehow.

Really? This is the new Eva Evo Unit 02 your talking about? Or the old Revoltech Eva 2.0? As for why September...be patient. Just because a new prototype appears at an event in January doesnt mean, it'll be ready right away. It usually takes a few months for the design team to finalize the figure and its paintjob, then the wait begins as the figures are made in China.

Got to make enough before we begin selling right? Hence September.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:00 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:It usually takes a few months for the design team to finalize the figure and its paintjob

And it's rather useless extras...

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Really? This is the new Eva Evo Unit 02 your talking about? Or the old Revoltech Eva 2.0? As for why September...be patient. Just because a new prototype appears at an event in January doesnt mean, it'll be ready right away. It usually takes a few months for the design team to finalize the figure and its paintjob, then the wait begins as the figures are made in China.

Got to make enough before we begin selling right? Hence September.

The original one, put them side by side and look at a frame from the movie.
ANATA BAKA !?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Ya I agree the EvaEvo 02s flight wings do look more accurate then the 2.0 version.Theyre bigger and longer and since they are connected to the shoulder via revo joint they stay in the correct place when you move the arm.The RDs is fine considering the smaller chest piece,any bigger and it prob look weird.
However,dont know if anyone else who owns a evaevo 02 has the problem of the inner shoulder pylons overlapping the mini shoulder pad thats molded into the main upper torso?Both shoulders on my 02 has this problem but my evaevo 01 does not.The 01s are lined up perfectly.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Okey... I need some advice:
I wanna buy the EvaEvo 01 and the Angel's Shokugan, but I dunno if to wait 'till EvaEvo 00 is released to pay for only 1 shipping or if to order the first 2 now and the EvaEvo 00 'till May...
Considering that Shokugans usually sell fast and there's only 1 production round AND that Eva 01 is already 3 months old and may sold out in a nother month...
Here the aproximation of the figures plus shipping:

All 3: 11350 yen
Eva&shokugans: 8080 yen
Eva00: 4260 yen

A difference of 990 yen may not seem as much, but come on! That's almost 1/4 th of another Eva's price!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”