Die Hard

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun May 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Haha, then why are you defending The Island?

You ask me, Armageddon is pretty sweet and The Rock is fantastic.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:36 pm

Kaysow wrote:You ask me, Armageddon is pretty sweet and The Rock is fantastic.

Those movies were pretty cool! 8)

I understand what you're saying Executor, but I still don't think their that bad. Decent movies.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:
Kaysow wrote:You ask me, Armageddon is pretty sweet and The Rock is fantastic.

Those movies were pretty cool! 8)

I understand what you're saying Executor, but I still don't think their that bad. Decent movies.

There good popcorn flicks, dont get me wrong, it's just I REALLY fucking hate Bay's style of cinematography. It looks like a fucking Mountain Dew Commercial. As far as The Island goes, I liked it. And It was better than Clonus, I'll give you that.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:00 pm

The Rock was greatness IMO.

On Armageddon though, the first half of the movie was great, but the last half, *vomit*. Honestly, that flick could have been the best disaster film ever if it did not take itself seriously in the second half (from the shuttles taking off from there on).

@Executor
Michael Bay's cinematography does look like a fcuking Mountain Dew commercial now that I think about it. And the same goes for most anything Bruckheimer involves himself in.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 27, 2007 2:15 pm

I'll be blunt: I hate armaggedon. I cant belive that Bruckheimer and Bay managed to stuff so much stupidity into 2 1/2 worth of movie. Hell, I'm sure at this point Bruce Willis is regretting that piece of shit. Even the Godzilla remake was better. The Rock, I'll grant, that wasent the worst movie of all time. Hell, the scene when the navy SEAL's get shredded is almost as fucking funny as Babylon 5:Legend of the Rangers(DBZ FIREPOWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!111)

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun May 27, 2007 3:22 pm

^ On the special features disc they mention that all those guys are actual Navy SEALs. During production one of them mentioned that the way they went in (all at once) would never happen in real life. They wouldn't get caught in a trap like that. The producers them politely told them, if you guys don't die, then there is no movie, it has to be about Connery and Cage kicking ass :) I actually love the Rock, I think it is a great action film. It's the only movie that Michael Bay made that I can watch. Everything else was terrible. Yet for some reason I still watch them when they come out. I've gotta stop supporting this guy's work >.>
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 27, 2007 3:23 pm

BrikHaus wrote:^ On the special features disc they mention that all those guys are actual Navy SEALs. During production one of them mentioned that the way they went in (all at once) would never happen in real life. They wouldn't get caught in a trap like that. The producers them politely told them, if you guys don't die, then there is no movie, it has to be about Connery and Cage kicking ass :) I actually love the Rock, I think it is a great action film. It's the only movie that Michael Bay made that I can watch. Everything else was terrible. Yet for some reason I still watch them. I've gotta stop supporting this guy's work >.>

Coolage. Yeah, you should stop toturing youself with watching pure shit. ANd Mountain Dew >_X

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 27, 2007 3:36 pm

The Rock was my fav indeed. I have the DVD. Actually, I think I'll go watch it now!

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 27, 2007 10:14 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:The Rock was my fav indeed. I have the DVD. Actually, I think I'll go watch it now!

At least Nick Cage's girlfriend in the movie was hot.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Executor wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:The Rock was my fav indeed. I have the DVD. Actually, I think I'll go watch it now!

Troof.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:
Executor wrote:

Troof.

Indeed she was. Well, better than Bruce Willis daughter in Armageddon. Ugh, I just remembered more of that movie. Fucking GAZELLES!!!!!!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 27, 2007 11:11 pm

Executor wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:
Executor wrote:

Troof.

Indeed she was. Well, better than Bruce Willis daughter in Armageddon. Ugh, I just remembered more of that movie. Fucking GAZELLES!!!!!!

Nick got some bootay too...

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon May 28, 2007 2:29 am

Executor wrote:Ugh, I just remembered more of that movie. Fucking GAZELLES!!!!!!

You mean the mushy bit which was well timed for a bathroom break, before they resume the action by taking out Paris...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Mon May 28, 2007 7:06 am

Mr. Tines wrote:
Executor wrote:Ugh, I just remembered more of that movie. Fucking GAZELLES!!!!!!

You mean the mushy bit which was well timed for a bathroom break, before they resume the action by taking out Paris...

I wish Pirates of the Caribbean 3 would have been nice enough to provide us with one such break. Damn movie didn't have any throw away scenes.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 8:09 am

Mr. Tines wrote:

Yep. I try my damndest not to remember that movie.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Mon May 28, 2007 8:53 am

Executor wrote:Well, better than Bruce Willis daughter in Armageddon.

OH YEAH, LIV TYLER. Goddammit, I have NEVER EVER witnessed worse acting than hers in Armageddon. But that's the only thing ruining the movie for me, cookie-cutter Michael Bay is pretty OK to me otherwise. Bad Boys is really bad tho.

I was furious when I went to the movies and saw Fellowship of the Ring and fucking Liv Tyler showed up with her acting on par with Tori Spelling. But then Hugo Weaving reared his head just minutes later and all was well.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 10:06 am

Kaysow wrote:
Executor wrote:Well, better than Bruce Willis daughter in Armageddon.

OH YEAH, LIV TYLER. Goddammit, I have NEVER EVER witnessed worse acting than hers in Armageddon. But that's the only thing ruining the movie for me, cookie-cutter Michael Bay is pretty OK to me otherwise. Bad Boys is really bad tho.

I was furious when I went to the movies and saw Fellowship of the Ring and fucking Liv Tyler showed up with her acting on par with Tori Spelling. But then Hugo Weaving reared his head just minutes later and all was well.

No, I was just saying I dont find her all that attractive.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 am

Kaysow wrote:OH YEAH, LIV TYLER. Goddammit, I have NEVER EVER witnessed worse acting than hers in Armageddon. But that's the only thing ruining the movie for me

You didn't mind the lack of adherence to the laws of physics, shuttles running engines continuously in space, pointless Gatling Gun on the lunar rover, the light-up skull shaped gear shift on the lunar rover (do these things even have gears?), the firing of guns on an oil rig, the shitty acting, the inane plot, or the idea that NASA would use oil drillers instead of astronauts?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 11:26 am

BrikHaus wrote:
Kaysow wrote:OH YEAH, LIV TYLER. Goddammit, I have NEVER EVER witnessed worse acting than hers in Armageddon. But that's the only thing ruining the movie for me

You didn't mind the lack of adherence to the laws of physics, shuttles running engines continuously in space, pointless Gatling Gun on the lunar rover, the light-up skull shaped gear shift on the lunar rover (do these things even have gears?), the firing of guns on an oil rig, the shitty acting, the inane plot, or the idea that NASA would use oil drillers instead of astronauts?

Apparently not.
ETA: Besides, it's a minor problem in the giant shitfest that is armageddon.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue May 29, 2007 10:24 am

None at all. Entertainment should be entertaining, not pretentious.

EDIT: I guess I COULD go on about the bad parts, like how cowardly a director he is, and how he just keeps going all out all the damn time to not leave a second of footage in that could be considered boring my viewers of any age, and how the eventual explosion probably would've worked better in complete silence (ala Wings of Honneamise), but in the case of Armageddon, the entertainment is enough to forgive all that and I'll resort to be a happy consumer instead of a critic. Same goes for a lot of american B-action.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Return to “Film and Video”