Wevangeliwon aims for G rating?! (APRIL FOOLS JOKE)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:18 pm

Reichu wrote:TV Show: "Kaworu is an Angel? Wow, I didn't see that one coming."
Weva: "Kaworu is a chick?!? Fuck you, Anno!"

And a few people engaged in much rejoicing. And it was Good.

Yes very few :P
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:56 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:Yes very few :P

No need to stand out in the cold; I'm sure they welcome new converts.

Reichu wrote:
BobBQ wrote:Getting back on topic

:lol:

It's April 2nd; the original topic is null and void.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Reichu wrote:Weva: "Kaworu is a chick?!? Fuck you, Anno!"

When I say that I believe that Kaworu's love for Shinji transcends gender, I mean it. If Kaworu is labeled as being female by Anno, than I will accept it and still support their love. (At least this way it'd be easier for them to get married in Japan :D )
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:52 pm

cat42 wrote:When I say that I believe that Kaworu's love for Shinji transcends gender, I mean it.

Hmm, yeah, about that "love"...

If Kaworu is labeled as being female by Anno, than I will accept it and still support their love. (At least this way it'd be easier for them to get married in Japan :D )

Brikhaus wrote:Yes very few :D

What we lack in numbers, we make up for in enthusiasm.

"And capacity to annoy", etc., etc.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:45 am

cat42 wrote:
Reichu wrote:Weva: "Kaworu is a chick?!? Fuck you, Anno!"

When I say that I believe that Kaworu's love for Shinji transcends gender, I mean it. If Kaworu is labeled as being female by Anno, than I will accept it and still support their love. (At least this way it'd be easier for them to get married in Japan :D )

agreed, gender doesn't matter. a middle school crush is just a middle school crush.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Reichu wrote:
Brikhaus wrote:Yes very few :D

What we lack in numbers, we make up for in enthusiasm.

"And capacity to annoy", etc., etc.

Damn straight! Espeically the part about getting semi-angry/annoyed emails when mentioning such "facts"(?) in fanfiction or on Youtube comments. (eg, both has happened to me. What can I say, as a "disciple", I have to spread the Word! Image)

@ Slothen: Like Reichu more or less said, whether or not you think of them as having a "crush", go to the page she linked as it goes into Kaworu's attitude towards Shin-chan.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:19 pm

I've read it. That comment was just one of many in my campaign to marginalize and suppress the S/K shippers. :P
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:30 pm

Szmitten wrote:Wait, what? People actually think that Kaworu is going to be female?

Considering that next to nothing is actually known about Weva so far, it's probably more likely that we're just killing time by throwing around Baseless Speculation (which conveniently abbreviates to BS).

But you never know.

slothen wrote:I've read it. That comment was just one of many in my campaign to marginalize and suppress the S/K shippers. :P

You have my full moral support.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:28 pm

Shocking to think we're less than 5 months away from the
(Japanese) release and there has yet to be any kind of non-cryptic info about this series.

By non-cryptic I mean cold hard facts. Like yes, Misato is finally going to commit stautory rape and make love to Shinji. And yes, because of this Shinji will be a much happier person.

I've been reading up on this thing intently since its announcment in September (the first and last time anything really concrete was made public...'cept maybe the release date) and its been the same old same old.

ANNO: Yes, this will be a whole new Evangelion. A better Evangelion.
ME: Better? Them's BIG words. How is it going to be better.
ANNO: It will be a better Evangelion.
ME: Ok. But how?
ANNO: It will be a better Evangelion.
ME: Anno? Hello.
ANNO: Better Eva.
ME: Oh my god! Anno's mind is (more) gone!
TSURUMAKI: No it isn't. He's just busy working on these movies.
ME: Oh thank fuck. So Tsurumaki, how is this Eva going to be better? I mean is Shinji gonna have balls, is Rei gonna blush more, will Asuka be less of a bitch, do we really need more Kaworu?
TSURUMAKI: It will be a better Evangelion.
ME: Oh shit....um...but why?
TSURUMAKI: Because its NEW.
ME: Oh. SO whats new?
TSURUMAKI: New story!
ME: Uh huh. I figured....anything else? New character perhaps?
TSURUMAKI & ANNO: New and better!
ME: Um...visuals? Will the character designs be different?
TSURUMAKI & ANNO: NEW AND BETTER!
ME: Will Eva Unit 00 get a third paint job? Maybe teal or pink?
TSURUMAKI & ANNO: NEW AND BETTAH!!!
CLUELESS EVA FAN: Oh my god you hear that! New and better! I saw an image of Rei and Kaworu somewhere, you know what that means? That means-
(Cue long and tired rant about how these new movies are going to be all about Rei and Kaworu getting dirty and having a love child- an adorably fei and transexual albino named Reiru- and together the three will go off defeat the Angels-of which there will be 33, no more, no less, and Shinji will angrily devour Asuka's internal organs with soy sauce and snort wasabi through an abortion tool)
ME: You think? Why would Reiru pilot the Super Saiyan Eva, Clueless Eva Fan?
CLUELESS EVA FAN: Because Anno said its new and BETTAH!!!
ME: Sigh....

Wow...I ranted. Anywho, point is there is still no REAL information on this movies made to the public yet. We have the most basic of info that anyone could've surmissed available-it's NEW with brand NEW spanking NEWness.
I just want a still of the characters damn it!
Aahh! Anno please tell me something about these new Evangelions!!!
ANNO: They're NEW.
AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

P.S. Maybe im stuck in a time warp but hasn't April Fool's kind've...well...past?

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:58 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:SPOOF/RANT AGAINST ANNO
:lol: You or someone should make a video of that and post it on You Tube!

Anywho, when did this turn into the fem-Kaworu thread?
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:06 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Anywho, when did this turn into the fem-Kaworu thread?

At the end of the first page, courtesy of Trilink.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:07 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Anywho, when did this turn into the fem-Kaworu thread?

On EMF all threads eventually become fem-Kaworu threads.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:34 pm

That is because she is attempting to ruin your mind...
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:22 am

Reichu wrote:
I wrote:Anywho, when did this turn into the fem-Kaworu thread?

[sarcasm]TriLink12, not being the greatest American nor even a great American by such an annoying action!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:56 pm

*wipes tear from eye from laughing so hard* Gendo'spapa, you officially kick ass! :mrgreen:

What bothers me if Anno's choice of words. Saying it's going to be better than the original before the first movie is even finished/out is a bit much. The only way *I* think it could be better is if we have somewhat more closure on the characters, not just S/A and if they become a couple or not*, but about the fates Misato (whether or not she realized she hated or loved her father, though I guess 25 & 26 took care of that part), Rei III (so is she just, like, watching over humanity for all time because she has Lilith's soul or what??), Yui-sama ("Anywhere can be Heaven as long as you have the will to live", huh? Does that include the vastness of Space?) and the like, too.

The only problem I had with EoE is I feel its somewhat too fastpaced and it doesn't answer ALL the questions the viewer may have, only some. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just feel it could have been executed better.

*However, one of the things I love about this series is how "different" it is. The fact it DOESN'T end as the cliche' "Yay I love you you love me let's ride off into the sunset and make sweet love down by the fire" romance, especially because those two are so screwed up, is pretty cool, though some type of confirmation that they'd become a couple would have been nice.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:
Reichu wrote:
I wrote:Anywho, when did this turn into the fem-Kaworu thread?

[sarcasm]TriLink12, not being the greatest American nor even a great American by such an annoying action!

In my defense, had I known my offhanded comment would escalate into a semi-serious Fem-Kaworu debate, I would have prepared a humorous picture/joke for posting.

And as you can see, I got nothin.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:03 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Misato is finally going to commit stautory rape and make love to Shinji. And yes, because of this Shinji will be a much happier person.

RITSUKO: She raped you?!

Shinji: At first...
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:12 pm

Gendo'sPapa wrote:Like yes, Misato is finally going to commit stautory rape and make love to Shinji. And yes, because of this Shinji will be a much happier person.

Quoted For Motherfucking Truth

It's about time Shinji got some action. If not from Asuka, then Misato, or maybe even (gasp) Mana!
Awesomely Shitty

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:20 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:
Gendo'sPapa wrote:Like yes, Misato is finally going to commit stautory rape and make love to Shinji. And yes, because of this Shinji will be a much happier person.

Quoted For Motherfucking Truth

It's about time Shinji got some action. If not from Asuka, then Misato, or maybe even (gasp) Mana!

Shinji, look to your left. Now, look to your right. Chances are, all of these people will rape you.

Asuka: I'm not going to rape you.

Rei: I might!

/Yes, I have a vast repertoire of rape-related quotes for any given situation.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:30 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:It's about time Shinji got some action. If not from Asuka, then Misato, or maybe even (gasp) Mana!

But seriously. Nookie can at least wait until he's pubescent enough to outgrow Ogata's voice range.

Then again, he's an anime character. Maybe he never will. Just look at poor Goku.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”