Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:07 pm

p06: Yikes. That sent shivers down my spine too. But like I mentioned before, according to dream books, dreaming of death rarely means it actually happening.

Oji-chan: Interesting albeit slightly creepy. I never knew it was possible to drive to a new planet. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:(and cats)

The natives won't know you're a form of intelligent life without the cats. It's the only telltale sign.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am

I had the oddest series of dreams last night.

Okay. First, I was at my friend Jon's, and he had some new type of energy drink, and he wanted me to try but there wasn't much left. I refused, and he said it was just his spit at the bottom anyway.

Then I ran into Nicole randomly, and she was fawning all over me, which I found confusing, so I left.

Then I was watching a movie about some group working with a brain computer interface to defeat some AI. One of the members wasn't paying attention, and while the rest were being self-congratulatory he got posessed with the AI, went nuts, and tried to kill people with a hedge clipper.

Then I met up with Nicole again, and she was cold and sort of bitchy, but she was wearing a fake red beard.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:31 pm

Just woke up from a midday nap... Here's an overlong summary of what I remember.

I had this strange dream that, at its tail end anyway, was about rampaging dinosaurs. I was not playing the role of myself, instead identifying with some young, good-looking guy who looked like he hailed from India (even though he might've said something about being from some part of Africa...).

I remember this chase involving Dilophosaurus towards the start, through these underground tunnels or something. This was a big, IRL-sized Dilophosaurus, but it hacked globs of venom like the thing in the Jurassic Park movie, and my guy was running away and doing these awesome rolling moves to avoid getting hit by the poison.

Next part I remember involved my guy getting into a car and driving through a set of corridors / chambers / whatever where various dinosaurs were running loose and random people were trying to deal with them. I think Triceratops was somewhere, and there was this totally nonexistent dinosaur called Medusasaurus, which (IIRC) was kind of like Styracosaurus except the horns on the frill writhed around. (Probably my brain making a nod to Hellboy's Sammael, now that I think about it.)

I have no idea why my guy was driving around, but somewhere along the way the car became a motorbike, and he "disguised" himself as an Arab and drove through this huge open, sandy forum where tons of Arab business-types had gathered for ... who knows. The dinosaurs infiltrated this place at roughly the same time my guy did, and, soon as the Arabs saw the dinosaurs, lots of them started pulling out shotguns and handguns and taking aim, so my guy was swerving through a sea of bullets. And Arabs. And dinosaurs.

At the very end the dinosaurs sort of disappeared and the environment became 3D platform game-ish. And I think my guy almost got nookie from this ?Austrian chick. But he might have turned her down for some reason. Either that, or I woke up right before the saucy sex scene.

Yeah.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

Postby Holy Diver » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:50 pm

I had a dream where I was going up an escalator (a motif that has been a part of my dreams for as long as I can remember). The escalator disappered beneath my feet and I was sent falling to what seemed to be my death. However, I did not die. Instead, I fell on the ruins of an ancient temple. In the temple there were twelve Spartans sitting in a circle. A young girl danced around their feet in a semi-suggestive fashion. The girl then made eye contact with me. She transformed into a bull and the Spartans then attacked it . They quickly subdued the girl/bull and ate it alive. Then they ritually bathed in its blood.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:49 pm

I had a dream the other night where I married a woman warrior (ala Saber) in a charnel house. It was really weird.

That dream also used words I'd never heard before, oddly, with a translator's note by the side that gave the definition. I woke up and looked up the words in the dictionary, and the TL's notes in my dream were fully accurate. Probably one of the weirdest dream experiences I've ever had.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Reichu wrote:I had this strange dream that, at its tail end anyway, was about rampaging dinosaurs. I was not playing the role of myself, instead identifying with some young, good-looking guy who looked like he hailed from India (even though he might've said something about being from some part of Africa...).

[...]

I have no idea why my guy was driving around, but somewhere along the way the car became a motorbike, and he "disguised" himself as an Arab and drove through this huge open, sandy forum where tons of Arab business-types had gathered for ... who knows. The dinosaurs infiltrated this place at roughly the same time my guy did, and, soon as the Arabs saw the dinosaurs, lots of them started pulling out shotguns and handguns and taking aim, so my guy was swerving through a sea of bullets. And Arabs. And dinosaurs.

At the very end the dinosaurs sort of disappeared and the environment became 3D platform game-ish. And I think my guy almost got nookie from this ?Austrian chick. But he might have turned her down for some reason. Either that, or I woke up right before the saucy sex scene.

Yeah.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:14 pm

CC wrote:and the TL's notes in my dream were fully accurate. Probably one of the weirdest dream experiences I've ever had.

Well, language is something that has to do with both nature and nurture. That's probably why the words were accurate. That's really interesting to hear, though.

Anyway, my dream earlier this morning was a combination of stuff (I'm sure the fact I rode the bus back home yesterday had to do with it):

At first I was on a bus going back home from school and Tines-Ojichan of all people was on it! We chatted about various things (including A/S but were civil about it) and I think he left the bus before me.

Then I was (or at least I think it was me) was in this forest (it kinda looked like a jungle) with somebody else but it somewhat had a clear path of where to walk (although I got kinda lost and had to retrace my steps). Somehow, the forest was right outside of this apartment building, and when I entered it my POV shifted from being an observer of the action instead of being me.

Inside it were I think my parents were there, but either way I was observing the couple in another one of the apartments and it was Shinji and Asuka. O_o

For whatever reason, The Simpsons and King of the Hill (probably because that's getting canceled (and repeats(?) will be on Cartoon Network??) were playing on the TV. I think Asuka/Shinji went to go take a shower together and that's when I woke up.

At least I don't have any stressful things on my mind since I'm on winter break. :lol:
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Alrighty, this one is strange. This is a recurring dream, but the second time(and last time thus far) was different than the first one.

Ok, I'm in a dark room and there is some kind of seat/mechanical apparatus in front of me and someone is in it. I am accompanied by a doctor/scientist type person and his assistant and we are actually behind the machine. On the machine is a square opening and on the bottom of the opening it is glowing and is making a humming sound. I then wake up.

Next night:

Same situation as before, except I find out that the person in the seat-machine is Kaworu and he is strapped in it and the machine is hooked up to his brain and some other parts of his body. I then see the doctor/scientist turn the machine on and the opening in the back begins to glow. Then these tubes start coming out of the glowing, looking like lawn hose but with a black-light glow. Then at the end of one "hose" is a large red orb and on the end of two other hoses are small blue orbs. The doctor sticks his hands inside the opening and has strange gloves on, like those Tom Cruise wore in Minority Report. He sticks his hand in and puts them around the red orb and lifts it up, proceeded by his assistant saying "That is now human, he is not human." The scientist puts the orb in some kind of container the assistant is holding and then does the same thing to the other two blue orbs.

Really strange, eh. Maybe I'll have the dream continue tonight, who knows?
Last edited by Action_Bastard on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Maybe that orb was Kaworu's core? :shrug:

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:21 pm

This was scary and violent. Definitely a nightmare, but also one of the more vivid dreams I've had.

I had a dream I was in the back of a white SUV going north on I-65, being kidnapped be an enormous black man who planned to sell me into slavery. I thought it was pretty unusual, considering if you're going to sell someone into slavery, its probably a lot better to kidnap children, not a 22 year old man-child like myself. Anyway, I had my seatbelt on, my keys and swiss army knife in my pocket (I've carried my knife on my keychain since I was 11), and I had my cellphone. I didn't want the guy to hear me call 911, so I was trying to text 911 without the man seeing me (he was driving). I cursed my lack of texting skills, b/c I was trying to get details, like a vehicle description and the mile marker on the interstate. Before I could hit send he saw the phone and tried to grab it, I tried to keep it. He was turned around in his seat, and in my dream we crossed over into the oncoming traffic lane (the interstate actually is divided, but this was a dream). I saw a semi truck coming straight at us and laughed "now we're both dead." He turned back around and swerved. The semi clipped the trunk, shearing it off, and we spun violently off the road, and rolled over once. I came to sooner than he did, he didn't have his seatbelt on. I crawled out of the car and woke up. Then I pictured plunging my knife into the side of his neck or his eye.

Then I gave a hug to my cat, who was sleeping at my feet on the bed, and I went back to sleep. Its kind of sad that I would remember nothing about the man except that he was large and black.
Last edited by slothen on Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:30 pm

*SSD hugs Slothen

Dreams can be creepy at times. >_<

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Creepy indeed.
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:38 am

This one happened after waking up at 10am and resetting it to 11am.

I dreamed that I was going back to Utah this summer to be a whitewater guide again, however for some reason, my coworkers and I were on this giant wooden structure in a forest (imagine one of those retreats where companies go to do trust exercises and build teamwork etc.), like a giant platform at the treetop level. Up there, we were pairing off and doing "gladiator" style fights, where we swung from ring to ring, eventually to knock the other person down. We had a net below us, and we had harnesses, but everything seemed kind of decrepit and on the edge of disrepair, plus we were at treetop level. I'm not exactly a huge fan of heights myself, and it took me till the age of 15 to get on a roller coaster, so this situation had me fairly freaked out. No one else seemed to mind in the dream.

I think the whole dream was me remembering what a strange experience being in Utah was, and dealing with insecurities about such a physical challenge in that kind of environment, among people that I felt I had to prove something to.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 am

I dreamed I was late for a flight to the US.. why the US I don't know... probably because it was far enough away. Had the boarding ticket and everything, but was still somehow at home and in my pyjama's talking on IRC to people and asking them when the flight was supposed to leave.

The radio was up load, and announcing that it was time for the news at 7:30... which was odd, because the clock on my laptop gave the time as 8:30....

Which was exactly when I woke up and realised I should've left home for college a half hour earlier. Arse.

Odd, because of the concurrency of being late I guess.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 pm

Only fragmentary images remain from my dreams last night.

One, I was sitting up in the air talking to other people who were also up in the air, probably on a rainbow like those Skittles commercials. I fell off the rainbow and landed in a swimming pool, when Rei appeared with a murderous look in her eye. Then it turned into the Shining, sort of, and I forget what happened.

Second, completely out of context, I remember seeing an algae-covered duck skeleton, with the feathers still on on the back, floating around in an algae covered pond. Don't remember the dream that came with it, but it was a decently weird image.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:32 pm

This morning ...

I dreamed I was getting Karen's wheelchair out of the back of the car, but by the time I had it all assembled, she wasn't there -- and I wondered whether she had actually somehow found the strength to walk -- but when I finally found her, she was using this weird mechanical spider exo-skeleton type thing instead.

@Action_Bastard
I don't recall any recurring dreams, but in my late teens and twenties I definitely had a recurrent set of locations that dreams often returned to. I've not been back to those (imaginary) places for many years, tough.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:37 pm

I had a dream last night where I dug a really deep hole with a shovel I got from Misato. The bottom of the hole went into a cavern, for some reason I sutffed a bunch of mattersses down near the bottom. The first one had some sort of special pillow on it. Anyway after I got out of the hole some mud fell in which made me "I hope that doesnt wash away the mattersses" anyway after that I found out my old neighbor from when I lived in illinois apprantly saw and buried the bodies of two deformed bigfoot children who died. So anyway I was pretty interested in investigating this. For some reaon the neighbors were doing ambiguous yard work, not sure what the hell they were doing. But I found my neighbor and asked baout this but they kept doging the question. Eventually they told me that they wrote about the bigfoot children in their image diary. So I went inside to find it. The image diary was inside a strange dresser looking thing that had a lot of surreal action figures on it. I took a phone photo of this before finding the diary. I went to the page about the bigfeet. Apparantly they were 1 foot tall and had fuzzball looking bodies and looked really weird. I tried to find out where they were buried because it'd be a good find to find them. But I think the dream ended before I did that.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:51 pm

I can't remember the specifics of this one, but dreamed last night that Reichu of all people was hanging out with me. I think she stayed over at my house or something.

It was awesome but got weird because at one point she was talking about either these....riddles or some type of logic thing and then Reichu either disappeared or this weird monster/person showed up in her place (although nobody was attacked or anything).... I forget now. Shame I didn't have time to post in this thread when I first woke up. >_< I remember that Reichu didn't look like how she looks or at least the person that latter showed up looked really weird.

Anyway yeah. That's all I remember.

Hellfire
Embryo

Postby Hellfire » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I have to tell you all about "Cats Watching Children." (This is taken from a journal entry, edited for your familiarity.)

So I had this awesome dream the other night. Annihilationscape, his wife and I were all taking a college course together. Some kinda weird Humanities/Art class, or something. I'm not sure.

(There was some other stuff that isn't as interesting, so I cut it out here.)

Anyhoo, next the teacher put in a tape with these random reality TV shows we were going to watch. The first was Biblical Babies. It involved putting a bunch of babies in a room with tools with which they could reenact the events that upset the Gods throughout the ages. The one thing I remember from this show was a baby crawling through a big bowl of spaghetti and spaghetti sauce, and then the camera panning over to something else. The next show was "Cats Watching Children," a show in which again a bunch of babies are put in the room, this time with a bunch of cats that are supposed to supervise them. The cats do nothing of the sort. There was this shot of a baby crawling around in the background, and a cat looking at the camera for a split second in the foreground and then running away. In my dream, I knew this was bizarre, and I questioned incredulously, "WHAT?!" The teacher was like "Oh yeah, this is to show the blah blah blah blah!"

I woke up chuckling at my dream. Anyhoo...
...a second chance is all you have left...
...remember why you cling to this gift...
-BS2

Me: I can see it, I can taste it, I can smell it!
Annihilationscape: Sounds like a whore to me!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”