Tell Me Your Dreams!

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:11 pm

Recently, it seems the only dreams I can remember are right before I wake up. Secondly, it seems those dreams have focused heavily on death.

This morning, I had this swirling vision of all these people I knew, a blank stare on their face, looking at me with colorless eyes. They blended from one face to another, slowly boring deeper into my soul. Then, their eyes turned red, then faded to brown, followed by the words "The final goodbye."

Oddly, when I woke up this morning, I felt as light as a feather, as though a great weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel really pure at the moment, almost as if I could die and become a great part in a much better scheme of things. Its a really great, but very odd, feeling.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:44 pm

If it means anything, dream books claim that when you dream about death, it's actually a sense of something starting anew in your life. Very rarely does it deal with somebody you know actually dying (although that happened to me once dream-wise and it turns out somebody DID die shortly after... >_> )

Oddly, when I woke up this morning, I felt as light as a feather, as though a great weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I feel really pure at the moment, almost as if I could die and become a great part in a much better scheme of things. Its a really great, but very odd, feeling.

Whoa. I really hope I'd feel something like that when I'd die since I'm so damn scared of it as well as the unknown of what really comes next, if anything.

Anyway, I vaguely remember having an A/S dream recently but I can't remember just what was going on in it. >_< What I DO remember from several months back (because I wrote it down since it was so damn cute; first mentioned it here http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179788#179788 ) was this actually pleasant dream I had that was also A/S related. Apparently I was Shinji (har har) and met Asuka on Over the Rainbow. Throughout the trip she and I (Shinji) were actually getting along pretty well and she was actually being sweet and smiling(!!) at me a lot. At one point she was helping me practice swimming in some pool that was on the ship (blending of episodes 08 and 10 I guess) and we started kissing(!!) and I held onto her as we swam under water. We apparently forgot about breathing though ^^; so Toji and Kensuke who were around a) Shocked that we were making out b) worried since we were drowning went to go get help but everything faded to black. I wake up laying in a beach chair next to Asuka and she hugs me. I hug her back and we say how we're glad the other's okay. She's playing some hand-held video game dungeon thing where there's a knight that is walking up to this queen and king but before he can reach them he's dropped down into a lower level (sorta original Legend of Zelda-ish) where he has to fight these monsters then go back up to that higher level again. I'm happy just to watch her play and we hug occasionally kissing and I think the dream just kinda stopped there. Misato was in the dream too but I don't really remember what she was doing.

I dreamed that awhile ago but it made me happy since the majority of my dreams are either upsetting or lame and since I rarely dream about A/S contrary to belief. :tonguegrin:

I apologize for the majority of run-ons in this, being sick makes it hard for me to focus properly. >_<
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Aww, that is cute ^_^
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:53 pm

I honestly can't even remember the last time I had a dream that I remembered upon waking. Been a while...

I don't have the patience to read this whole thread, but has anyone else ever had a dream that was entirely in prose? Its very weird... A whole scenario acted out with no sensory content whatsoever, though there might be descriptions here and there to read/think about.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:06 pm

I have had dreams entirely in prose often. I also often have dreams with a stillframe and then prose narration, and I occasionally will have dreams that are entirely in a programming language, or are just made up of the internal spacial sensation I get when thinking about program flow and data structures.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:08 pm

Barinax wrote:
LeoXiao wrote: i dreamt of bedding a hot classmate(female) but the dream ended right before anything happened

they always do.

F*ck. It happened again last night.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:37 pm

Now the question you have to ask yourself is, is this your subconscious's outlook on things to come, always close, never finished?

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:41 pm

^Yeah, probably. I'm the kind of person who likes to half-ass practically everything, like pictures, writing, homework, etc.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:Anyone ever have a weird sensation while they're trying to sleep that you were just in free fall and you just jolt because you think you fell?

Yeah, I've had that happen before. It's a "hypnagogic myoclonic twitch".

Dartz wrote:ou must be ver y annyows at discovering tyo dont exist. I liked spreading depressi. You

What happened? Did you say the name of Candlejack while typing this post?

No, that's just silly... Everyone knows that he doesn't exi
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Speaking of dream sensations, has anybody had this happen to them? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognitive_dreams

I've had that several times. It's usually for trivial everyday things (such as a conversation about some random topic in my dream and later on said discussion with the people AND location are exactly as they were in my dream), but it's still bizarre to say the least.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Anyone ever have a weird sensation while they're trying to sleep that you were just in free fall and you just jolt because you think you fell?

Yeah all the time.

i dreamt of bedding a hot classmate(female) but the dream ended right before anything happened

Yeah, I have dreams of my roommate's girlfriend occasionally and then I feel weird and dirty when I see her in the real world. :shinji_blush: :sweat:
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Speaking of dream sensations, has anybody had this happen to them? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precognitive_dreams

I've had that several times. It's usually for trivial everyday things (such as a conversation about some random topic in my dream and later on said discussion with the people AND location are exactly as they were in my dream), but it's still bizarre to say the least.

Yeah, its happened to me before. Sometimes its a sense of deja vu when it happens, but I can't be sure if I've just had a thought like that before, or if I had seen it in my dreams. I have had a couple times where I KNOW it was a dream where I had seen it, though. Its a really weird sensation when you realize that you've had a dream about what's happening to you for a second.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:01 pm

I believe we have these kind of dreams all the time. The problem is we never remember half our dreams so we don't realize that we have. But the one time you do remember and it happens, results in Deja Vu. Get it all the time, I tend to remember my dreams. Weird.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Ever have a dream where you're doing something and wake up and you're doing it for real? I've kicked stuff before. I've also had dreams before where I was standing in front of a urinal about to take the best piss in the world. Thank God I always wake up, I don't want to know what would happen if I didn't.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:26 pm

IrkenEvangelion wrote:I believe we have these kind of dreams all the time. The problem is we never remember half our dreams so we don't realize that we have. But the one time you do remember and it happens, results in Deja Vu. Get it all the time, I tend to remember my dreams. Weird.

I disagree on the deja vu part. Your brain is bombarded by so much information at one time that it can't process it all at once. I think true deja vu comes when the brain finally processes the information, and it comes to nearly match what you're seeing at the moment, so when you think you've experienced something before, you really have, but it was only a second or two ago.

I also kind of think that way because there is a *slightly* different feeling with true deja vu, and recalling a precognitive dream, but there is a little overlap between the two that makes them hard to distinguish sometimes. Just my $.02

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby LeoXiao » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:38 pm

I read your "$0.02" and looked at your avatar and loled.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:10 am

Ever have a dream where you're doing something and wake up and you're doing it for real?

In my first post on this particular thread I mentioned that I had a dream where my teeth were falling out and I was spitting them in a sink. I woke up and found that I had spit on my pillow.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:26 am

Regarding precognition, this discussion is interesting. I don't buy into the phenomenon myself, since common sense explanations / Occam's Razor and the fundamental workings of the human mind have the bases pretty well covered, IMO. (It might help if I experienced something "precognitive" that I could subsequently analyze. If I already have, I apparently didn't think anything of it, which seems very much in-character.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Enki v.2
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Enki v.2 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:09 am

I have precog dreams all the time. Of course, like anything else, just because it has a mundane scientific explanation doesn't mean that it's not useful. My own beliefs on the subject were mostly mentioned in the thread Reichu linked, however, I still think that it's an interesting and useful phenomenon, just like you can use fortune telling methods to determine the future while knowing that there's nothing remotely supernatural about them. In fact, the same effect that is used in bibliomancy happens to be the effect that I didn't see mentioned in that thread -- that there is an obviously inevitable conclusion of a future event, but that the ego or superego blocks it because it's disturbing in some way. Other times probably fall into confirmation bias, coincidence (look up the derivation of that word and see if it means anything :nya: ), and self-fulfilling prophecy, or some combination of the above.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:Ever have a dream where you're doing something and wake up and you're doing it for real?

I once had a dream in which I was having a kung fu fight in a school restroom and woke up when I punched the underside of the bunk above me, but that was well over ten years ago.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”