Can someone clarify just a few things for me?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ORAMI!?
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ORAMI!? » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:43 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I don't recall the show EVER saying that.

Episode 21 (from literal translation homepage):
The Seele members say that by taking Zeruel's S^2 into itself, Shogouki has "obtained the ultimate existence" and become a "living god".
Since we know that the Evas need the FoL to become like a god (EoE -- Fuyutsuki), this indicates that the S^2 is the FoL.

Also, the CI explicitly says that S^2 = FoL.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:57 am

Around here the Platinum transcripts are generally reguarded as the best translations for most of the series.

ep #21 wrote:TEXT:
Back in the Year 2015

02:
With an S2 engine on board, Evangelion Unit 01 has become an absolute being!

03:
We have no use for an actualized god.

KEEL:
We must not create a god.

??:
We cannot allow that man to create a god.
Gendo Ikari, is he a man that can be trusted?

Okay so Yui was a God, but why wern't the Harpies ever referred to as such? And if they must not create a God then what are the Harpies? The CI isn't an end-all answer and leaves many questions unanswered. Also Fuyutsuki says with the FoL and the FoK EVA-01 is a God which happens after Kaworu/Adam appears so it's not all cut and dry.

EoE wrote:Fuyutsuki:
The Fruit of Life possessed by Angels,
And the Fruit of Knowledge possessed by humans... Having obtained them both, EVA-01 has become like a God.

But I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

ORAMI!?
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ORAMI!? » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:58 am

I guess it all comes down to: Does S^2 = FoL?

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:20 am

I don't know where I stand on this. I really don't. It makes a lot of sense, on the other hand there are some problems with it. By default I will go with the CI but I still like Reichu's theory, always have, always will.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Rawinder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Rawinder » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:26 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I don't know where I stand on this. I really don't. It makes a lot of sense, on the other hand there are some problems with it. By default I will go with the CI but I still like Reichu's theory, always have, always will.

What problems?!

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:26 pm

Rawinder wrote:
Anonymous_Evafan wrote:I don't know where I stand on this. I really don't. It makes a lot of sense, on the other hand there are some problems with it. By default I will go with the CI but I still like Reichu's theory, always have, always will.

What problems?!

The problem with that, Rawinder, is the Evas didn't come with them and Adam's natural kids did. If it was just a physical object why didn't cloning Adam give the Evas S² organs?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:31 pm

Rawinder wrote:What problems?!

I think I had all of my issues with the Fruits outlined in my head at one point -- but at the moment there's just the nagging sense that things need to be fanwanked badly for good reasons that I can't precisely remember. Image

I'll see what I can do about that, fufufu.

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:The problem with that, Rawinder, is the Evas didn't come with them and Adam's natural kids did. If it was just a physical object why didn't cloning Adam give the Evas S² organs?

Random Eva Nerd: They engineered the S2 Engines out of the Evas on purpose. But that doesn't rightfully explain why they were so intent on harvesting a (more-or-less) intact sample of the organ from a dead Angel. Or why they would need to "install" the S2 Engines into the MP Eva Series instead of just refitting them with the required DNA to grow their own.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

ORAMI!?
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ORAMI!? » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:54 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:The problem with that, Rawinder, is the Evas didn't come with them and Adam's natural kids did. If it was just a physical object why didn't cloning Adam give the Evas S² organs?

And the problem with that is that if it was not a physical object, then why was one recovered, repaired and then installed in an Eva?

You are starting to sound like The Goose with this "S^2 is not a physical object" thing. :?

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:18 pm

Reichu wrote:

Random Eva Nerd: They engineered the S2 Engines out of the Evas on purpose. But that doesn't rightfully explain why they were so intent on harvesting a (more-or-less) intact sample of the organ from a dead Angel. Or why they would need to "install" the S2 Engines into the MP Eva Series instead of just refitting them with the required DNA to grow their own.

ep #17 wrote:Misato (OFF)
Oh, man...

HYUGA (OFF):
The Administration and Investigation departments are going crazy,
and General Affairs is in a total panic.

Misato (OFF):
So what was the cause?

RITSUKO (OFF):
We still don't know.
Our only clues are these geosynchronous satellite photos.
There's nothing else left.

IBUKI (OFF):
10 seconds...
1 ...
Contact.

Misato (OFF):
This is horrible.

IBUKI:
Evangelion Unit 04 and all related research facilities within an 89km radius
have completely vanished.

RITSUKO:
Along with several thousand people.

AOBA:
Looking at the time schedule, we believe it to be an accident
during the experimental installation of the S2 engine
that was restored in Germany.

IBUKI:
Potential causes range from a lack of structural integrity
to a preliminary design stage error.
That's 32,768 possibilities right there.

Misato (OFF):
And there's also the chance of sabotage.

HYUGA:
But it didn't explode, it vanished, right?
In other words, it disappeared.

RITSUKO:
In all probability, they were swallowed by a Sea of Dirac,
just like Unit 01 was.

Misato:
And the S2 engine that we finally restored?

RITSUKO:
Gone. Our dream's been shattered.

Misato:
That's what we get for trying to push ourselves
into using something we don't understand.

RITSUKO (MONO):
That goes for the Evas too.

LOL, Our dream's been shattered. Sounds like they did have S² organs don't it?

ORAMI!? wrote:And the problem with that is that if it was not a physical object, then why was one recovered, repaired and then installed in an Eva?

Didn't I say it was a manifestation at the very least? Didn't I say I default to the CI?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”