Kaji's sacrifice was inside Mark.06

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AsukaShikinami10
Adam

Kaji's sacrifice was inside Mark.06

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaShikinami10 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:10 pm

So hear me out you guys... Last movie we saw Shinji about to sacrifice himself to restore the world and erase all Evas by impaling himself with a spear.

I think it was Kaworu the one who said a sacrifice was needed to stop impacts, so what if... Kaji used the militar carrier to transport himself down to the bottomost part of Central Dogma to pilot the autonomous Mark.06?

That would algo help explain why Mark.06 had the spear go through its core (and would probably end the debate of whether Mark.06 was pulling in or out the Cassius Spear).

Maybe Kaji really sacrificed himself by boarding and piloting the merged Mark.06 and used the spear to make said sacrifice in order to put an end to 3rd Impact.

What do you all think?

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Kaji's sacrifice was inside Mark.06

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:25 pm

View Original PostAsukaShikinami10 wrote:I think it was Kaworu the one who said a sacrifice was needed to stop impacts, so what if... Kaji used the militar carrier to transport himself down to the bottomost part of Central Dogma to pilot the autonomous Mark.06?

It was Kensuke who said a sacrifice was necessary to stop the Third Impact. It isn't totally clear how Kaji's sacrifice helped to stop the Third Impact.

Regarding your theory, Kaji getting enough control over Mark-06 to make this impale itself with the Spears, which stops the Third Impact, isn't a bad theory. Destroying the core will definitely kill Mark-06 (this could have killed Kaji if they are synchronized).

That said, we still don't know how the Spears reached Mark-06/Lilith (in the flashback, Mark-06/Lilith doesn't have the Spears). Maybe SEELE send the Spears to complete their Instrumentality plan, but Kaji take advantage of this to stop the Third Impact with the Spears.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Kaji's sacrifice was inside Mark.06

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:56 am

I've always operated under the assumption that Kaji used the carrier to get himself and the spear to 01 and/or 06, to do whatever it was that was necessary to stop N3I. As Konja says, the details are not entirely clear, but there is an implied chronology; as demonstrated by the end of Ha and the according line in Shin, the spear alone going through 01's core was not enough to fully stop N3I, so my assumption is that whatever happened in detail, it had to involve 06 somehow taking over from 01, and then arresting its own impact even by ways of double spear
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”