Why do people like Rei Ayanami?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ReijiAyanami
Embryo

Why do people like Rei Ayanami?

•      
  •      

Postby ReijiAyanami » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:00 am

If me..... I like her because she is very loving and Wise and much more....But I like her the most because she is basically the Christ Figure when I actually understand her and try interpret the show with the bible it's very beautiful not only for her like for Asuka, Shinji, Gendo and more....it was just very beautiful and maybe I would try make video about it somewhere so maybe people can understand how I understand because im serious it really beautiful! It even make me return to Christ and now I'm having a loving relationship with the God that love me first.....

But it very sad that people oversexualized the character on Evangelion like Rei or Asuka or maybe Misato or Shinji? Because If they did they would make them get misunderstood by people....And even watching the series is already easy to misunderstood them....But well Neon Genesis Evangelion for me is just us humans struggling with sins and God wanted to help us but we reject it....But well I understand if you guys had different perspectives because it is normal...

Just pray for me if you guys wanted me to make the video because well....prayer do help so I'm thankful for anyone who pray for me....and if there anything you wanted me to pray I can and I would love to!... anyways

Take care of yourself and keep on living and also I love whoever you are!
"I love Whoever you are"
"Jesus loves all of you"
"God bless and peace"
"Stay safe and Take care yourself I Love you"

viperzero
Embryo

Re: Why do people like Rei Ayanami?

•      
  •      

Postby viperzero » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:33 pm

I think Asuka is a great character but I had family a lot like her and I feel “safer” around Rei.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Why do people like Rei Ayanami?

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:04 pm

View Original PostReijiAyanami wrote:If me..... I like her because she is very loving and Wise and much more....But I like her the most because she is basically the Christ Figure when I actually understand her and try interpret the show with the bible it's very beautiful not only for her like for Asuka, Shinji, Gendo and more....it was just very beautiful and maybe I would try make video about it somewhere so maybe people can understand how I understand because im serious it really beautiful! It even make me return to Christ and now I'm having a loving relationship with the God that love me first.....

But it very sad that people oversexualized the character on Evangelion like Rei or Asuka or maybe Misato or Shinji? Because If they did they would make them get misunderstood by people....And even watching the series is already easy to misunderstood them....But well Neon Genesis Evangelion for me is just us humans struggling with sins and God wanted to help us but we reject it....But well I understand if you guys had different perspectives because it is normal...

Just pray for me if you guys wanted me to make the video because well....prayer do help so I'm thankful for anyone who pray for me....and if there anything you wanted me to pray I can and I would love to!... anyways

Take care of yourself and keep on living and also I love whoever you are!
"I love Whoever you are"
"Jesus loves all of you"
"God bless and peace"
"Stay safe and Take care yourself I Love you"

That's lovely to hear that Rei Ayanami helped you return to God! I would love to hear some view making connections of Eva and the bible. I found Rei to be very peaceful character who is able to care for Shinji in a somewhat motherly role. She is also other-worldly and almost angelic in some ways. Moreover, she struggles with her identity and other personal issues and I think that resonated with a lot of people.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”