Possible New SEGA Evangelion Game

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
MsenjaKagami
Lilith

Possible New SEGA Evangelion Game

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:38 pm

Came across this on twitter the other day

https://insider-gaming.com/exclusive-3-more-sega-classics-are-set-to-make-their-return/

Not exactly a whole lot of concrete news, and with how little else I can actually find regarding this news it could just be a false rumor. Still, exciting that we might be getting a new actual Evangelion game in the near future
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Possible New SEGA Evangelion Game

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:46 pm

Oh my God please. So much untapped potential still.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:25 pm

That is quite interesting indeed. The last handful of tie-ins were... middling at the best of times, so here's hoping that this will have a bit more substance
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:26 pm

I remember seeing some rumours like that some time ago. Thing is, it'd probably be more likely for them to release a full Eva game alongside or not long after Shin. We also had the home media release and -46h/-120min OVAs a year later. Quickly looking up those other IPs, there was a new Panzer Dragoon game in 2021. Seems Sakura Taisen/Wars is still a pretty active franchise with the last game being from 2019, so it'd probably make some sense for a new one to be released in 2024/25. Now, I have no idea what kind of Eva game they'd be making, or how big it'd be, but they'd probably not announce a new one too long before a launch date.

TojiWasScrewedOver
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TojiWasScrewedOver » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:12 am

If it happens, I hope it'd be similar to Eva 2, where we have exploration with the character, while doing Eva combat too, instead of it just being Eva combat only.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:46 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:I remember seeing some rumours like that some time ago. Thing is, it'd probably be more likely for them to release a full Eva game alongside or not long after Shin. We also had the home media release and -46h/-120min OVAs a year later.

If we go by precedent, the most notable Eva game (Eva 2, what with its loredumping) was released 6 years after EoE, so it's not like the window is rapidly closing for a substantial title.
Après moi le déluge!

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm

^ that.

Also Dawn, which is probably the most profitable one by "virtue" of being a gacha, was released in a slump of no information or notable hype, so I don't think there is much to worry about with regards to hype cycles
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”