Stage greeting with Anno, Tsurumaki, Maeda and Ogata

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Stage greeting with Anno, Tsurumaki, Maeda and Ogata

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Similarly to the one with the cast in March 28, a live talk with the directors (and Ogata) has just started:

Live twitter thread on it:

Other tweets:

Similarly to the cast talk, we'll probably have a decent summary of it in proper Japanese sites soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6B6URfvrSs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8iw8QBjX1I
Last edited by FelipeFritschF on Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

Re: Stage greeting with Anno, Tsurumaki and Maeda

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6AuqHJN-UI

Video from the stage greeting.

Whitetiger739
Embryo

Re: Stage greeting with Anno, Tsurumaki, Maeda and Ogata

•      
  •      

Postby Whitetiger739 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:23 am

https://ha-navi.com/kwo-clo

(Through auto-translate) This article came out recently from the stage greeting with only mentioning that according to Director Maeda, there's an incomplete body of the copied/clone of Kaworu accompany with the original Shikinami clone in the Unit-13. Of course, it's still very recently and currently in process of full analysis of the stage greeting and the new info, so we'll have to wait until more details, translation, & analysis are provided.
Oh shoot, what time is it? Heading back to Nerv-2 in Nevada ASAP!

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm

View Original PostWhitetiger739 wrote:https://ha-navi.com/kwo-clo

(Through auto-translate) This article came out recently from the stage greeting with only mentioning that according to Director Maeda, there's an incomplete body of the copied/clone of Kaworu accompany with the original Shikinami clone in the Unit-13. Of course, it's still very recently and currently in process of full analysis of the stage greeting and the new info, so we'll have to wait until more details, translation, & analysis are provided.

:w00t:
What?!
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:32 pm

I didn't post Yamashita's tweet on the subject in every thread, but maybe I should have. See here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:14 pm

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote: :w00t:
What?!

There is a translation to Yamashita twitter by Nuclear Lunchbox:

"We only said so much at the discussion today. In Shin Evangelion, this is what's actually inside the reactivated Unit 13's entry plug. Inside the LCL, the remains of what used to be him are floating about. Even with his soul gone, his body was reconstructed to allow Unit 13 to move, and his fingers sometimes flutter on the control keys."

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:59 pm

His soul is gone?
I thought that Unit 13 being an Adams (or the Adam or God or the owner of the fifth cross) had absorbed Kaworu soul and this union made him the 13th Angel that was never supposed to exist.
Also I thought OG Shikinami was the soul inside unit 02 to allow her to pilot and once unit 13 (now the thirteen Angel + a surviving Adams) absorbed unit 2 that where OG Shikanami confronted that Asuka we got to know in the rebuild
I also thought Kaworu was the soul of an Adam (possibly the key of N which can be the same that happended was in NGE where they experimented by putting some human genes in Adam splitting it into the embryo and Kaworu soul), I also thought Mark 6 was an Adams and Unit 1 I dunno I just can’t leave the OG idea that it was the clone of Lilith
Since it would beautiful to imagine Gendo inside Adams body and Yui inside a Lilith clone body. By killing themselves with the Spear or Gaius it would look like a rebirth by killing the old Gods and reuniting the lovers all in once.
Adam Vessels have an at field Adams seem to not have one
And the ships. Are they the four missing lances?
Too much confusion
Last edited by Cookie H Wilson on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:09 pm

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:His soul is gone?

Kaworu's soul seems to be trapped in Eva-13.

However, this soul doesn't inhabit Kaworu's body/cadaver anymore. Gendo is using this souless body to pilot Eva-13.

Raikyu
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Raikyu » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:52 pm

View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:His soul is gone?
I thought that Unit 13 being and Adams (or the Adam or God or the owner of the fifth cross) had absorbed Kaworu soul and this union made him the 13th Angel that was ever supposed to exist.

I think that Gendo's plan was to reunite Eva 13 with Kaworu's soul in order to awaken the true powers of the unit, but used a Dummy Plug to control it. Just like the Dummy Plugs used by the MP Evas in the original NGE, this Dummy Plug uses Kaworu's data that was reconstructed from this corpse. I call it Dummy Plug to make it easier to understand, but there is no confirmation if this is indeed a Dummy Plug or other technology, despite the concept being similar just like Unit-01's Dummy Plug uses soulless Rei corpses.
View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:Also I thought OG Shikinami was the soul inside unit 02 to allow her to pilot and once unit 13 (now the thirteen Angel + a surviving Adams) absorbed unit 2 that where OG Shikanami confronted that Asuka we got to know in the rebuild

Interesting Theory. Some people are saying that OG Shikinami is dual-piloting Eva-13 with Kaworu's Dummy Plug, but I didn't see the movie, so I can't confirm.
View Original PostCookie H Wilson wrote:Since it would beautiful to imagine Gendo inside Adams body and Yui inside a Lilith clone body. By killing themselves with the Spear or Gaius it would look like a rebirth by killing the old Gods and reuniting the lovers all in once.

I like to think that too.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”