Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FullMetalBiscuit
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Waiting for Evangelion:3.0+1.0

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetalBiscuit » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:49 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Ok but where's my Blu-ray? Streaming bitrate is still utter trash compared to physical media.

You are 100% correct but shit I'll take it for now.

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:50 am

Pretty funny how we're getting this before 3.333 after all

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:02 am

YES!!! It's happening!

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:VENCEMOS!!!

"Essa pequena parte da minha vida se chama felicidade"
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:46 am

JoelcrNeto wrote:"Essa pequena parte da minha vida se chama felicidade"

"que satisfação, aspira"

SPOILER: Show

The movie will be dubbed in 10 languages. Honestly I wasn't expecting this. I guess I'll be watching it twice in a roll lol!
I'm planning on watching the entirety of NTE on August 13th. I'll also warm up the day before (by watching Death (TRUE)² in concatenation with the EOE, Revival style).
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Zusuchan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Zusuchan » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:51 am

BernardoCairo wrote: I'm planning on watching the entirety of NTE on August 13th. I'll also warm up the day before (by watching Death (TRUE)² in concatenation with the EOE, Revival style).

I was planning to watch the entirety of NGE to catch up to NTE, but honestly it seems like there's too much other interesting stuff and too little time has passed from my previous watch to justify it for myself, so I'll probably do much the same-though I may watch a couple of select episodes.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:09 pm

While I am disappointed my first viewing of the film won't be a big IMAX-like theatrical experience I'm looking forward to finally being able to watch the movie and engage in the discussions. And I've never experienced anything Evangelion in a theater first so I'll survive. So excited to finally see it!!!!

A mid-August streaming release and a late August 4K release of 3.333 makes me think the 4K/Blu-ray in Japan won't be far behind.
Maybe my conspiracy of the 4K disc releasing September 1, 2021 - the 14th anniversary of the release of 1.0 - isn't so far fetched.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:26 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:WHAT???

Everything is proceeding according to the scenario. :gendoscheme:
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

EvaChero
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby EvaChero » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:41 pm

Am now FULLY PUMPED Yahhhhssssssssssssssssssssss :D
who doesn't want to kick back with Misato and have a few beers?

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:06 pm

I saw 3.0 in a ropey superwobbly vision camrip.

Not this time. No siree.

I mean I was thoroughly spoiled on Day 1 (actually before day 1 because of the accessability app script leak) but nevertheless I get to see the whole thing in HD. Will still go to see it when/if it's on in UK cinemas.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:06 pm

Awesome.

Wonder if it’s going to be free to stream on Prime Video for anyone with a Prime subscription? I’d be very surprised if it was, but the announcement doesn’t seem to specify.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:28 pm

It will be my 75th birthday present (less than a fortnight late) :)
Last edited by pwhodges on Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:36 pm

congrats! Based on the general feel of the thread, it DOES feel like everything is all coming together. Everyone hoped for an Evangelion 3.333 and it happened. The Amazon Prime thread was created based on some initial speculation, and then Gainax releases it for all on Amazon Prime for free (provided you have a subscription)! Definitely looking forward to a possible 4K ultra/disc as well in the future.

It was all written in the dead sea scrolls.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

baldur
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby baldur » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:43 pm

Man. I've also barely been spoiled on the film at all.

Happy. I'm happy about this announcement. Yes.

:shinjismile:

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:34 pm

View Original PostZusuchan wrote:I was planning to watch the entirety of NGE to catch up to NTE, but honestly it seems like there's too much other interesting stuff and too little time has passed from my previous watch to justify it for myself, so I'll probably do much the same

I'm actually on the same boat. I rewatched the original series in February (right after finishing Sadamoto's manga). After each episode, I would write a few paragraphs summarizing the plot, organizing my feelings and so on. It was truly fun! Anyway, NGE is really fresh in my mind.
Death (TRUE)² + The End of Evangelion + JO + HA + Q + Shin = Evangelion's ultimate cinematic experience
That's what I'm aiming for!

UrsusArctos wrote:Everything is proceeding according to the scenario.

March 8 = The First Impact on Evageeks Forum
August 13 = The Second Impact Evageeks Forum?
Seriously, are we going to go through a "crazy period" again? lol

baldur wrote:Man. I've also barely been spoiled on the film at all.

I'm on the other side of the coin. I know almost everything about the movie. I'm equally excited, though. lol

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:36 pm

View Original Postdzzthink wrote: The Amazon Prime thread was created based on some initial speculation, and then Gainax releases it for all on Amazon Prime for free (provided you have a subscription)!

Just because I'm a stickler for details, Gainax has nothing do with Eva anymore, it's all Khara now.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:45 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:March 8 = The First Impact on Evageeks Forum
August 13 = The Second Impact Evageeks Forum?
Seriously, are we going to go through a "crazy period" again? lol

I completely forgot that Second Impact's date in NGE was September 13, 2000, your post reminded me of it! :lol: Yes, I think it's very likely we're going to go through another crazy period. We're likely to get folks watching Shin Eva at last, with a few folks watching the entire NTE series for the first time. Things are likely to be wild.

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:then Gainax releases it for all on Amazon Prime

Gainax had nothing at all to do with the Rebuild/NTE movies, and like Hui said, it's all Khara now as far as Evangelion is concerned.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:15 pm

YES!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

HkndjfnerfnafnxxawxHWkeffamkWovdxgjzmvsirg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dragon Mask
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby The Dragon Mask » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:36 pm

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:39 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:I completely forgot that Second Impact's date in NGE was September 13, 2000, your post reminded me of it!

You said it yourself. It was all planned from the very beginning! :lol:

UrsusArctos wrote:We're likely to get folks watching Shin Eva at last, with a few folks watching the entire NTE series for the first time. Things are likely to be wild.

Well, it's going to be a ride. Last time was overly insane! lol

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”