Shin Eva - New Teaser (01-29-21)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
The_Max
Adam

Shin Eva - New Teaser (01-29-21)

•      
  •      

Postby The_Max » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqw_oqup-8

Dark Wunder has 7 purple cannons, something related to 7 eyes of god? Also interesting the grey "coffin" sign in Asuka plugsuit...
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

Lacissal
Lilith

Re: Shin Eva - New Teaser (01-29-21)

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Looking at the way 'EVANGELION' is written at the start, with a single white N like a shadow behind the regular N, have they ever written one of the titles like that before?

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:15 pm

We had the exact same discussion the first time they aired 3.03 on TV and revealed the 3.0+1.0 title.

Yes, all eyecatches on the New Movies have that N, with the color of the respective film. Red for 1.0, Orange for 2.0, Light Blue for 3.0 and White for 3.0+1.0.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 pm

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:We had the exact same discussion the first time they aired 3.03 on TV and revealed the 3.0+1.0 title.

Ok, thank you.

Small point- at 19 seconds in you can see that the MP Evas are headless with a clear neck stump (safe to say now that they're the Failures of Infinity?) while in the shot of Unit 02 falling at 6 seconds if you check frame by frame you can see that they've all grown heads.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Lacissal on 4chan some people were speculating that Failures of Infinites may have the head of Rei / Lilith in reality. Imaginative if this realy happening, how macabre and disturbing it would be if their heads looked the same as Lilith's head in 3.0 before it exploded, I mean a face that looks like Yui and has got out eyes and that creepy expression.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 pm

^I wouldn't be surprised if they grew Lilith/Rei heads at some point like the MP Evas do during Third Impact in EoE, and would follow on from all the creepy Rei faces behind Unit 13 in Lilith's Chamber. Though I'd say from looking closely that they probably have face of Mk 10. There's one that's facing towards the camera, but with it's head tilted back, you can make out the pointed 'beak' like part of the face.

edit- if you go through frame by frame, at 7 seconds on the centre right side, you can see the pointed beak

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:28 pm

Lacissal,thanks for telling me.
I wouldn't be surprised if they grew Lilith/Rei heads at some point like the MP Evas do during Third Impact in EoE, and would follow on from all the creepy Rei faces behind Unit 13 in Lilith's Chamber.
I see this as possible thing that could happen

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:04 pm

Did Shinji's old plugsuit already have those red elements?

You know shit got real when even Mari is doing an "Oh crap!" face.

The shot with the falling white EVAs looks amazing
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:28 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Did Shinji's old plugsuit already have those red elements?

Yep! You mean the neck and such right?
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:53 pm

View Original PostThe_Max wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdqw_oqup-8

Dark Wunder has 7 purple cannons, something related to 7 eyes of god? Also interesting the grey "coffin" sign in Asuka plugsuit...

You make some extremely good points here! Especially the coffin part does seem to be in line with Asuka and Mari dying; would certainly explain why they let Shinji pilot again
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

The_Max
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The_Max » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:52 pm

^ well, the last time we saw white EVAs bad things happened :irked:

Waiting for a translation of what Misato says in the Teaser, I only catch names and "sayonara, subete no Evangelion" :D
Hey there! I am using EvaGeeks.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:00 pm

Isn't white supposed to represent death in Japan and that's the reason the MPE are white?
If that's true then the white plugsuit were always a big hint.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:05 pm

View Original PostThe_Max wrote:Waiting for a translation of what Misato says in the Teaser, I only catch names and "sayonara, subete no Evangelion" :D

Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:10 pm

FYI, this was the same trailer showed at the end of 3.333. So glad to be able to view it in detail now
Oh, the clock is ticking out

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:11 pm

The only real new footage from the trailer
Shinji looks almost in his twenties here (which he actually technically is). Stark contrast from the fresh wide eyed 14 year old he started out as
Last edited by Ray on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:30 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:
View Original PostThe_Max#908866 wrote:Waiting for a translation of what Misato says in the Teaser, I only catch names and "sayonara, subete no Evangelion" :D

Based on that translation, it seems like the farewell is not to the franchise, but the individual Eva units that appeared in the films. Interesting.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:41 pm

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Based on that translation, it seems like the farewell is not to the franchise, but the individual Eva units that appeared in the films. Interesting.

I think the way that phrase works in Japanese, it's intentionally ambiguous if it's "all Evas" or "all of Eva".

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:00 pm

Pretty Shinji is best Shinji. :tongue:
Everyone is drop dead gorgeous in this movie.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
SPOILER: Show
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:40 pm

https://youtu.be/TfCJ-OYrSGI

A nice compilation of all the shots released so far
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:04 pm

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote:I think the way that phrase works in Japanese, it's intentionally ambiguous if it's "all Evas" or "all of Eva".

Yeah, I've been thinking about this since the One Last Kiss trailer dropped. I don't know anything about Japanese, but I used a magic tool known as Google Translate to get a grasp at this sentence. Anyway, something similar to Miss. Reichu's translation popped up.
If you think about it, the ambiguity here makes a lot of sense. These guys are only gonna be able to rest when all of the EVA Units are long gone hahaha! So, it must happen for Evangelion to finally end...
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”