Asuka raising project Kaji route?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Zalzalak
Embryo

Asuka raising project Kaji route?

•      
  •      

Postby Zalzalak » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi, is there anywhere I can watch someone play the Asuka raising project Kaji’s route? You know, the one where Asuka gets married to Kaji? Sorry if this question is weird, but I heard about this route and thought ‘’Kaji actually returning Asuka’s affections? I’ve gotta see this.’’

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Asuka raising project Kaji route?

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:26 pm

I'm not sure there actually is a Kaji route. The game you refer to is actually the Ayanami Rei Raising Project, Asuka's routes are actually unlocked as part of an expansion pack. I have seen the art extracted from that game and I don't remember a Kaji ending (you can find it, and a fan translation for it as well - search for xPearse). It's a "Princess Maker" style game, and most of the endings for Rei or Asuka are about them having some sort of profession - this is the game that has the rather famous endings with Rei is a gun-toating maid, or Asuka as a singer or astronaut. There is *also* a romantic-esque ending with Shinji for either character involving the ep 26 AU, and one wherein they marry the player character, the faceless "NERV Lieutenant". This is probably the image you're thinking of, as in that one he looks similar to Kaji, but we still don't get to see his face.

I see there is one mentioned on the wiki, so this is probably the origin of where you heard it. I haven't played it, though, so I won't edit it out, unless someone else can confirm its existence or absence.

Zalzalak
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Zalzalak » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:23 am

Thanks for replying! Weird. I was under the impression Rei could marry Gendo and Asuka could marry Kaji in addition to the faceless NERV Lieutenants. Anyone else have any more information?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey there! It's been years since I played (I own the physical PS2 game) but I think some possible endings for Rei to Gendo and Asuka to Kaji are implying they're married/happy housewives....Some creepy Yui implications with what I remember of Rei's ending :huh:

To get those endings, you do have to ensure Asuka (in this case) has values that favor Kaji rather than Shinji or the second lieutenant, there should be more information here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps2/91734 ... hokan/faqs
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”