Re: Eva Pic Thread 9: Pen-Pen's Playhouse [use spoilers]

Postby Rei IV » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:09 pm

Shinji makes such a cute kitten. MEOW!

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

Postby cyharding » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:59 pm

I'm really digging the one with Mari and her loose hair.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:16 am

Omar Dogan Asuka 3.0  SPOILER: Show

Do her boobs suit your tastes now? They don't look like flotation devices anymore.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:45 am

This artist has the best ideas for doujins!

Battle of the Ages  SPOILER: Show

Source: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=54764584
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:47 am

:jawdrop:
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:09 am

I love how the Eva cast is all like, "WTF is this shit?"
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:29 pm

It's official. Godzilla is the one who caused the continuation of Third Impact during the 14 years of Shinji's absence. After he and Rei treated into their fantasy world, a giant mutant, radioactive dinosaur awakened and wreaked havoc on what remained of Tokyo-3. He's the actual champion Misato was talking about in the beginning of the movie and not Mark.09! What does the poster read, though? All I know is the Godzilla vs. bit. Don't know what's the other word.

BTW, the pic before this one with Asuka should have a caption that reads "I really hope you're not thinking what I think you're thinking......".

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Godzilla looks like something my mother left on the stove too long.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:06 pm

^

Well, that's the design of the suit they're going to use for the 2016.
SPOILER: Show
ImageImageImage

Harkening back to the whole "abomination of nature" vibe the 1954 version doled out, this is definitely in for some nightmare fuel vibe that Anno LOVES to do.

And if you want to talk crossovers, I definately like what THIS is implying, even though it's not Eva. :P

SPOILER: Show
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:49 pm

It's amazing that they're both so incredibly different and yet both so undeniably Godzilla.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:23 pm

The 2014 American Godzilla is very, and I do mean VERY, dinosaur-like, with a dash of radioactivity. The 2016 one is a straight radioactive mutant and a abomination AND something that could've popped out the Eva verse, at least the new movies.

BTW, I thought of another caption for the previous posted Asuka picture "I wouldn't touch that if I where you."

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:26 pm

The Omar Dogan one right?

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:08 pm

Yep, that's the one.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:59 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:The 2014 American Godzilla is very, and I do mean VERY, dinosaur-like, with a dash of radioactivity. The 2016 one is a straight radioactive mutant and a abomination AND something that could've popped out the Eva verse, at least the new movies.

No, 2014 doesn't look like a dinosaur at all -- the proportions are all wrong. Compare to, say, a Tyrannosaurus. Note the big head, streamlined body, and lightweight tail. That's like the polar opposite of 2014-Godzilla. If anything the 1998-Godzilla looks more like an actual animal than any of the beast's other incarnations, which is part of the reason no one accepted him -- people didn't want a realistic dinosaur, they wanted Godzilla. And, well, 2014-Godzilla's at least an honest effort, even if he is American.

2016-Godzilla . . . I don't even know how that will go over. I expect people will have very EoE experiences with that flick. Like, "WTF did I just watch?" It will probably be awesome for the franchise overall, but it will be a hell of a ride until we realize why that's so.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:09 am

^ To be fair, the designs in the original 1954 movie was very consistent to the "science" that the filmmakers were using, which was even outdated for the 50's. The Tyrannosaurus rex was often times drawn stand with his tail dragging on the ground, and had a head smaller in proportion to the rest of his body than what we know of today.

http://www.skeletaldrawing.com/home/201 ... -bone.html

By the time the 50's rolled around, T-Rex was realized for having a bigger head than what was thought back in 1905, but many "science" books at the time were still begrudging to change their art styles to match these findings. I used to have a really old collection of natural history books kept by my late grandfather which date back to the 60's, and T-Rex's larger head, which was established in 1917, was still down-sized compared to what many contemporary skeletal models had indicated.

Many paleontological findings redefined what these dinosaurs actually looked like, and the design for Godzilla, which at the time was really only considered as having taken creative liberties with the size of the creature, the heat beam breath, and the decorative back plates, is now inconsistent in also the posture of the animal and its body proportions. (For example, it's been found that Jurassic Park 3 got the size of Spinosaurus' legs all wrong in proportion to its body, as more recent findings show that it had more stubby, crocodile-like back legs for shallow-water hunting, rather than the large, sprinting legs of a T-Rex. And that movie is only 15 years old!) But since Godzilla's already chiseled out a recognizable look inspired by the paleoartist of the time, it'd be a shame to change it now based on these more recent findings. We don't want another Emmerich 'Zilla again, do we?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:20 am

In the spirit of freaky burn victim living tumor Godzilla. . .

Unit 02  SPOILER: Show

Can anyone tell me where this is from? Is it from a fan doujin? Someones fanmade character design?

From A Doujin?  SPOILER: Show

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:27 am

They're fan art, but google image search doesn't seem to know the original source. :uhh:

http://javmaru.tumblr.com/post/44887325 ... -well-done Eva Mark.11 is pretty cool, though!
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:26 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ To be fair, the designs in the original 1954 movie was very consistent to the "science" that the filmmakers were using, which was even outdated for the 50's. The Tyrannosaurus rex was often times drawn stand with his tail dragging on the ground, and had a head smaller in proportion to the rest of his body than what we know of today.

Which is to say, it was intentionally wrong!

Thanks for that link -- it was both informative and entertaining!

Many paleontological findings redefined what these dinosaurs actually looked like, and the design for Godzilla, which at the time was really only considered as having taken creative liberties with the size of the creature, the heat beam breath, and the decorative back plates, is now inconsistent in also the posture of the animal and its body proportions. (For example, it's been found that Jurassic Park 3 got the size of Spinosaurus' legs all wrong in proportion to its body, as more recent findings show that it had more stubby, crocodile-like back legs for shallow-water hunting, rather than the large, sprinting legs of a T-Rex. And that movie is only 15 years old!) But since Godzilla's already chiseled out a recognizable look inspired by the paleoartist of the time, it'd be a shame to change it now based on these more recent findings. We don't want another Emmerich 'Zilla again, do we?

No, we most certainly do not. As I said, we don't want a realistic dinosaur, we want Godzilla, bad science and all!

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:They're fan art, but google image search doesn't seem to know the original source. :uhh:

http://javmaru.tumblr.com/post/44887325 ... -well-done Eva Mark.11 is pretty cool, though!

I like the idea of the pilots and the units, but I don't think either should be "Marks". The Mark 6 and the Mark 9 are likely Adams, and with the other Adams being Unit 01 and Evangelion 13 that suggests that Evas 10 and 11 should be "Units" instead of "Marks". But it's still a neat idea, and the talent is top quality.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:36 am

No, 2014 doesn't look like a dinosaur at all -- the proportions are all wrong. Compare to, say, a Tyrannosaurus. Note the big head, streamlined body, and lightweight tail. That's like the polar opposite of 2014-Godzilla. If anything the 1998-Godzilla looks more like an actual animal than any of the beast's other incarnations, which is part of the reason no one accepted him -- people didn't want a realistic dinosaur, they wanted Godzilla. And, well, 2014-Godzilla's at least an honest effort, even if he is American.

Yeah, I agree. My mistake, in that case. I probably meant to say it looks closer to the original (Godzilla) but with a more distinct design for American audiences. The 2016 Godzilla, IMHO, looks like something Shinji confronted/saw in Instrumentality (and his nightmares) or a monstrosity that came out of the apocalyptic hell he created in the theatrical movies.

BTW, Ray, that is really a neat picture of the would be Evangelion Unit-11 and pilots you found. My only criticism is they're out of style and don't look like they come from the Eva verse but some bizarre iteration of a Gundam series.....with Evas. Something about them just screams GUNDAM.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:38 am

View Original PostRei IV wrote:The 2016 Godzilla, IMHO, looks like something Shinji confronted/saw in Instrumentality (and his nightmares) or a monstrosity that came out of the apocalyptic hell he created in the theatrical movies.

Ikari or Higuchi?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Return to “Old Stickies”