If the house is a-rockin'... [RML Thread 3]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:54 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I have one thing to say:

Sherlock series 3.

The end.
I agree wholeheartedly. Lets hope we don't have another two year wait ahead of us. :highfive:
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:40 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Working on music and actually creating something has made me a happier person over the past week, even though the results are mixed so far. I'm proud of myself and my self esteem is on the way up.

^_^

That's good to hear, Bomby. :clap:

Disclaimer: Real-life shipping moment ahead.

SPOILER: Show
I came home from work yesterday and slipped into the apartment quietly, intent on catching Ash unaware and giving her quite a scare (I'm a bit of a dick like that some days). I get just to the door to the bedroom and I hear her toying around with her acoustic guitar (she didn't have work yesterday), so I peer through the hinge-side crack and witness what I can only describe as "transcendental".

She's half-lying/half-sitting and about as relaxed as can be in the blind-filtered afternoon light, complete with bedhead and dressed in just her underwear and a large nightshirt. For such a relaxed pose, though, she's focused quite strongly on what she's playing. I recognize it almost immediately: it's the pipa part from "Aqueous Transmission" (readjusted for guitar, of course). And when she began singing...well, it was all I could do not to cry at the sight and sound of it all. I didn't make a noise for a while, just taking it in. She let it go on a little longer than the studio track (I'd say she went for about nine minutes), then stopped and took a deep breath. I eased on back out to the front door and collected myself emotionally before opening and closing it in a more audible manner. She walked out a few seconds later, never having a clue I saw a thing. I'm going to tell her today after work, just the straight and unfiltered truth.

Long story short: I saw the greatest "unplugged" performance I've ever seen, and it made my soul weep. Damn shame we don't have any recording equipment, I wouldn't have hesitated a moment to capture it on audio and share it with you guys.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Just found out that the Art Theater nearby (that's like a 10 minute walk from where I am) is planning to show a Kubrick film every week starting next week. Of the movies they're going to show, 2001 is the only one I've seen all the way through, so you bet I'm going to find a way to get in.
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:I've been trying to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to get the start button back

The Windows 8.1 Start Button is only a pretend, though, that takes you right back to the Windows 8 Start Screen. What you really want is the best $5-worth around: Stardock Start8. This gives you a full-on Start button just like they used to be, and allows you to boot straight to the real desktop; I never, ever, see the Windows 8 app screen!

(EDIT: The post this is a response to got moved to FML after I posted, but I'll leave this here as the product mentioned is so great!)
Last edited by pwhodges on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Shinoyami65 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:33 am

^I can't really offer any advice, since I don't have Windows 8 myself, but Googling around can't hurt. You might also be able to upgrade by going directly to the Microsoft site and downloading upgrades from there.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:49 am

I made some new acquaintances who all happen to be law students the other day for poker night, and left with triple my money. Good times all around.

I'm considering trying to take the LSAT... Law school sounds like it might be fun.

Edit-

Oh, and even more fun this morning! Randomly checking up on LinkedIn I found out that a douchebag (seriously, he's using a photo of George Clooney as his profile pic) who wanted a custom powerpoint template for a job interview but never paid me did in fact get the job. So hey, why not send a scathing email to his new employers letting them know all about this human skidmark while vaguelly suggesting he might still be using it on projects for them, opening up the company to a potential lawsuit? :mwahaha:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:05 am

@pwhodges I'll definitely be getting that once I actually turn my new laptop on. It's been sitting here in my room for almost two weeks because I'm dreading the file transfer process....

...It might also be because I've taken it upon myself to start every new anime that's coming out this season. :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:I made some new acquaintances who all happen to be law students the other day for poker night, and left with triple my money. Good times all around.

I'm considering trying to take the LSAT... Law school sounds like it might be fun.

There's something about the idea of getting triple your money in a poker game with law students that make it feel like an almost impossible achievement. Congratulations! :lol:

Not sure if you're serious about the lawsuit thing, but i don't know if i'll recommend since as far as i know those things can end up costing a lot. But of course i'm no lawyer.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:52 pm

I'm not serious about the lawsuit. I was just piling more shit on that sandwich because fuck that guy.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:38 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Law school sounds like it might be fun.
Everything I read suggests eye-watering tuition fees (in the $50k/yr and up range for the top-end schools), and a glut of graduates looking for jobs to pay their debt back down.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:There's something about the idea of getting triple your money in a poker game with law students that make it feel like an almost impossible achievement. Congratulations! :lol:

On second thought, law students might be the most ill-equipped people for a game of poker.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

I just found a $20 bill!

Now I'm rich!
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

delispin25
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby delispin25 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:33 pm

I got a square. Wooo!

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

View Original Postdelispin25 wrote:I got a square. Wooo!
Someone get this man some booze. I'll get the strippers and a giant cake.

LETS DO THIS.

On a completely unrelated note...

For those of you who don't know, I knit. I've been knitting myself a scarf because it's cold here, in Florida. It's coming along nicely, but my giant ape-hands make work in anything except English-style difficult. Slowly, but surely, it's becoming something that can be worn. Like a big, green necktie.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Princess Asuka » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 pm

What do the squares mean, I have one as well, but don't know what it means. -o-;

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:57 am

They have to do with your post count. Once you make a certain number of posts you get a box and you get more as you continue posting.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:38 am

A "square" is a slang term for cigarettes my bros and I use... When you said you got a square I thought you meant you found a single cigarette out on a sidewalk or something, just as the post above yours mentioned finding a 20 dollar bill
...then I figured that Catamari wanted to party with booze, cake, strippers and one single cigarette
...then I realized that everyone was talking about EGF squares, and I felt like a fool.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:21 pm

I won't feel quite so lonely anymore, I hope.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Well don't hold back, tell us why!
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Lavinius » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:46 pm

^It's Katana-chan, okay? It's Katana-chan. :kaos_tantrum:
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”