So...Posters

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

So...Posters

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Anybody know where I might be able to find a decent poster for EoE? Preferably like this?

I'd like one for my room, but I've looked around before and have only seen blown up DVD covers.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Sure it's a little expensive, but you can't go wrong with the real deal: the original Japanese movie poster.

They're somewhat rare, but you can find one on eBay from time to time. There seems to be one available right now here. I bought one of them a few years ago for about half that, as it was a little worn out. It's not for everyone, but it's definitely worth it if you're a serious Eva fan.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06 pm

$140 is more than I'm willing to pay lol.

The original Japanese one doesn't exactly interest me, anyways.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 pm

The question is was EoE screened theatrically in an English speaking country and would thus warrant production of such a poster to begin with?

What if you supplied a version of that image without the DVD marking and had a vendor print it out on poster quality size paper?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

God damn it, if I had the money I'd be all over that one on eBay.

I need that hanging on my wall...
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 pm

The seller has some rarities but is on the high side. I got several of the LD posters at FanimeCon last year (7 out of 9 total, including OST III and 1 Ranma) for $100 from Nikaku Animart. They're on ebay too BTW (nikaku_animart) but don't have the posters up. As for the mini posters (eiga chirashi), go with JM Shop instead. Got all the Rebuild chirashi from them and even one each from D+R and Revival and the priciest one was $5.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

jpopxfile
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jpopxfile » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:38 am

I can help you get the posters off Yahoo Japan Auction. I'm currently on vacation till 25 Feb, when I will return to Tokyo. I can help you get it after that. PM me if you are interested.

alexprevity
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby alexprevity » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:37 am

I know it's not authentic, but I have been printing my own 18x24" and 24x36" posters using high resolution images/scans (plenty of which are on this thread). Of course, it would be super illegal to sell them, but as long as you've got then hanging in your room, this solution is a lot cheaper!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”