[NO SPOILERS] 3.0 coming in January?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

[NO SPOILERS] 3.0 coming in January?

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0860907/releaseinfo

SPOILER: Show

If this is true, it has to be some kind of showing on the festival circuit or at some kind of convention. At best, a very limited release.
Last edited by chee on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm

I don't know what IMDB's policy on dates is, any chance that's just them making guesstimates?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:56 pm

If that's true I'm about as jealous as I can get. I won't have a chance to see it on big screen untill next HIFF from nearly year from now (and that's presuming they get 3.0 for showing)

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:I don't know what IMDB's policy on dates is, any chance that's just them making guesstimates?

Doesn't this coincide with the Australian Art exhibit that Blue Monday mentioned in the Everything Else Evangelion Sub forum?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Nope, no dates confirmed by Madman yet. I doubt we're gunna get any solid information on this for a little while. i.e. IMDB is full of shit.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm

The IMBD page doesn't have any official announcements tied to it. I do not believe there will be any announcements for screenings outside of Japan until the film has finished screening in Japan.

As for the Art Gallery that's coming to Australia from April next year, there have been no announcements about a screening or theatre run tied to that event. It is possible that Madman are in discussions with Khara for it, but they haven't said anything beyond their statement at the SMASH! 2012 Q&A panel which I don't want to look up right now.
Voluntary Illusion.

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 pm

American distributor for theatrical run is Eleven Arts. They haven't said anything about 3.0 to my knowledge.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm

The only way there will be a theatrical engagement is if one of two things happens:

1) It gets licensed by a US distributor (Funimation), which probably won't happen until after the video release, and after they dub it. They won't release it subbed.

2) It gets included in a specific film festival. IMDB doesn't really track these engagements.

I really don't this IMDB stuff is accurate. It's way too early for this to come together.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 pm

How would they show it without a distributor? My hopes were up thinking Funimation picked it up early due to it's record-breaking box office sales in Japan but now... :(

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:35 pm

*Eleven Arts is the theatrical distributor.*

Has been that way with 1.0 and 2.0. The theatrical run was always done before Funimation released the video version, and it was a very limited release. Most likely will be that way for 3.0 as well.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 pm

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:*Eleven Arts is the theatrical distributor.*

Has been that way with 1.0 and 2.0. The theatrical run was always done before Funimation released the video version, and it was a very limited release. Most likely will be that way for 3.0 as well.
So I can hope, right? :D

Unit88
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Unit88 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:51 pm

I saw rebuild 1.0 in at the Plaza Theater in Atlanta and I think it was subbed actually... No I take that back... It WAS dubbed... I remember thinking how all the voice actors sounded close to the originals but how Kensuke was almost annoying. So yeah... It was dubbed. Gosh that was a while back...

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:1) It gets licensed by a US distributor (Funimation), which probably won't happen until after the video release, and after they dub it. They won't release it subbed.

Funimation released 2.0 in theaters subbed before they released it on dvd and blu ray. As for imdb, they are usually full of shit. Isnt the website just like Wikipedia where anyone can troll us by editing the pages with false info? I'll take this with a grain of salt. Make that the whole salt shaker!

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:29 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Funimation released 2.0 in theaters subbed before they released it on dvd and blu ray.

It is important to remember that in this case Funimation had already announced their acquistion of the license for the north American home video release, and no doubt acquired the screening rights around the same time or as a part of the home video license agreement.

It's a little more of a grey area for Madman and any related Australian screenings. In the case of Reel Anime 2010, Madman had the home video license as early as mid-2009, following the acquisition announcement by Funimation (IIRC). Madman announced the line-up for the festival around May of 2010, and promotional media for it (handouts, pamplets, etc) started around July 2010. The festival ran for two weeks in September 2010. You can see from that how long of a timeline it can be for Funimation or Madman to acquire rights to screening the film, to their being allowed to announce the acquisition, and to finally screen it.

I would like to believe that Madman has better relations with Khara now, though even if that is the case, Khara has the final say and my instinct tells me they will wait until after screenings of 3.0 in Japan have finished before they give the go for screenings outside of Japan.
Voluntary Illusion.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 am

Imbd is like wikipidea, so its just some guy trying to be an asshole
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:20 pm

IMDB like Wikipedia is User Run. Members of the website add information regarding films. Usually a production assistant on a movie will be given the duty of entering studio approved names and credits on a films IMDB page but it's very rare.

When Evangelion 3.0 gets a US theartrical run we'll hear about it from Funimation first.

PS. The greatest example of IMDB 'What-the-fuckery' misuse actually is Evangelion related. A few years ago the still-hasn't-happened 'Live Action Neon Genesis Evangelion' IMDB page suddenly had a writer & director attached. A certain Spencer David. Who is Spencer David you ask? ..... He was a 17 year old rich kid from the suburbs who posted in the forums and had added his name as director becuase he ASSURED everyone that he had talked to Steven Spielberg - the 'supposed owner' of Evangelion - and in a years time would have a Trilogy in production.

It was pretty hilarious. He even had a website:

http://spencerdavidfilms.weebly.com/pre-production.html

There is even a screenplay:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/16390459/Spencer-Davids-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion

Moral of the story: If IMDB is the only place a piece of movie news exists.... it's not real.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm

^This Spencer David kid sounds like a Tommy Wiseau in the making. If that's true, he'd better stay the hell away from Evangelion if he doesn't want a fan-valanche to bear down on his home.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:32 pm

^ when this gets a international release Madman or Funi will be our source, that's the only reason that I check they're blog.

Also "you're tearing me apart Asuka!"
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:Also "you're tearing me apart Asuka!"

I'm astounded that I didn't think of that first. Good job!
SPOILER: Show

You could make so many crossovers with The Room and NGE, seriously.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:The only way there will be a theatrical engagement is if one of two things happens:

1) It gets licensed by a US distributor (Funimation), which probably won't happen until after the video release, and after they dub it. They won't release it subbed.

People keep saying this, but I saw 2.22 in theaters subbed. How is this possible?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”