[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
fleeting
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fleeting » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 pm

3.0 You can (not) understand this movie

angel00
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby angel00 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Thinking about what Kendrix wrote, is realy frustrating the desconnection between 2.0 and 3.0. It's worse for Rei's fans. She shown greats developments in 2.0 and all of this seem lost.

But NGE was focused in Shinji relationship problems and not in a heroic Shinji or a relationship between Shinji and Rei. This two things are just a dream of many fans. With this point and the new direction of 3.0 the conclusion is that the end battle of 2.0 was the biggest fanservice of all history of evangelion.
The end is coming...

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:02 pm

View Original PostSeen wrote:Damn, even Misato hates him now? It feels really out-of-character for her.

Then again, ten years are a long time and they probably cost her Kaji. She didn't see Shinji in all those years, didn't see that he's a clueless teenager who was lied to/involved in things he didn't understand, so it was possible for her memories to be warped/twisted as time goes by, especially as the time spent in the post TI-hellhole got longer than the time spent with Shinji.

Wow. I just noticed, first she wants revenge against those who caused second impact and killed her father, and now she's against those who caused Third Impact and took the guy from her who's oh so much like her old man.

What I'm saying, however, is "It's possible", nothing more. It does feel jarring since she's usually the closest we have to a good guy. In a way, she still is, she's fighting for the remainder of the human race.
That Misato would be taken from him, his first, strongest connection. I can stomach Rei, as much as I wanted them to be happy, it is fully "graspable" for a love interest to die, love interests die or leave all the time and it is possible to move on and get another girlfriend, but Misato, Misato was a family member, a kind of connection that usually can't be undone, and nothing can bring you a new big sister/mother once she's beyond your reach. all his fear that everybody hates him and this time its NOT in his head.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

AilesGrises
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AilesGrises » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 pm

The general feedback pleases me greatly. Eva is still Eva. You should've known this would happen (because indeed, it's Eva. And more, it was even mentioned in one of the recent trailers, the one in which Misato narrates "the boy will awake, the boy will retaliate, the boy will despair, and the boy will find hope" - or something along those lines, can't remember exactly).

Just as expected from the master, Mr. Anno.
I shouldn't have doubted him.
Last edited by AilesGrises on Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None specified.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:09 pm

I renamed the thread (while putting a record of its original awesome title in Xard's first post) with the aim of refocusing it. Basically, people are going to be sifting through this thread looking for movie information, so let's try to keep the thread about precisely that. If energy permits, I'll attempt to streamline this thread as I can by distributing some of the discussion to other threads.

I also think we need a general 3.0 reaction thread. I'll try to split some of the pure reaction posts out of this one later, to make it easier to find the details about the movie, but meantime:

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/13445/SPOILERS-30-Film-Reaction-Thread/

Read instructions in OP, otherwise I will eviscerate you.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

pablumatic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pablumatic » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Lurker here who only pops up for new Evangelion material with a question on the "Impacts" in 3.0.

Having seen 2.22 I thought that Third Impact was basically prevented by Kaworu. Now I'm reading that it was a major event and everybody hates Shinji for it.

Now in 3.0 a Fourth Impact was apparently started and prevented as well, but this also caused a lot of damage to the planet. Possibly even an End of Evangelion style destruction.

Did I get that right? Just looking for some clarification on these events since it appears that a lot of what happened in 2.0 has been tossed out in favor of whatever new stuff the producers wanted this time.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:10 pm

View Original Postpablumatic wrote:Did I get that right?
That tallies with my understanding.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kozar927
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Kozar927 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:23 pm

How do we not have info on how Asuka survived yet? Im loving everything about 3.0 so far except this. It was one of my biggest questions when I saw the 3.0 preview. and was excited for them to explain what really happened during bardial (i mean eva 1 bit the entry plug in half)
Last edited by Kozar927 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Link removed -- see forum rules
Do not ask for, or provide links to, sites illegally hosting copyrighted media. If you want to download the entire show, its soundtracks, and scans of the entire manga, fine -- but do it without involving the forum.

pablumatic
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby pablumatic » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Really weird with Third Impact being that big a deal in 3.0 then. All the characters were just sitting there next to Eva 01 talking fairly calmly. If Third impact was that big I would have expected them all to have been killed.

Guess my original notion of that scene being a juiced up episode 19 of the original show was a little off-kilter.

Sealing away Shinji is fine and all, but all the other fallout of the event seems way out of whack.

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm

View Original PostKozar927 wrote:How do we not have info on how Asuka survived yet? Im loving everything about 3.0 so far except this. It was one of my biggest questions when I saw the 3.0 preview. and was excited for them to explain what really happened during bardial (i mean eva 1 bit the entry plug in half)

I am pretty sure its not explained in the movie.
Also sprach Zarathustra

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:27 pm

bwahahaaha oh wow. I thought audio rips were reserved for stuff that were actually, y'know, more about music (like first MF film) :hahaha:

Remember what I said about koreans or chinese being the doers of dirty deed, btw? :lol:

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

holy shit the sound of Kaworu's head exploding lol
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Time to listen to Q

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:holy shit the sound of Kaworu's head exploding lol

Many people who saw the movie said that scene is extremely powerful, gross, disturbing scene.
Also sprach Zarathustra

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Alexander the great is in Eva!! :D
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:40 pm

@xenosaga: i'm sure it is, but the audio by itself is just...lol. i was skipping around that scene to see if i could find it and nailed it perfectly
Last edited by Azathoth on Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Choo1701
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Choo1701 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:holy shit the sound of Kaworu's head exploding lol

Does it take five minutes to happen?
And what is that? - Username
Sequels. - Hyper Shinchan

--- Welcome to the bottom of this post. We really hope you enjoyed your stay ---

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm

View Original Postxenosaga wrote:Many people who saw the movie said that scene is extremely powerful, gross, disturbing scene.

You are saying, they reached GITS-level of head-explodey?

...So not only is his only ally in that empty wasteland dead, he also got to see the gory detail firsthand, with the juicy knowledge that they were gonna do that to HIM. Courtesy of his parental substitute and former amicable coworkers, no less.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Yeah, how dare Misato be even slightly unmotherly to Shinji after she's spent fourteen years cleaning up the world he fucked over by being a huge retard

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”