Question about seeing 3.0 in Japanese theaters

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 am

When I was watching the new 15 sec commercial for Q a person posted a comment saying he was giving away free Yen since he won 100 million. I have no idea if it is true or not, but he offered me 1 million.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

FluffyBunny
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby FluffyBunny » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:I have no idea if it is true or not, but he offered me 1 million.

1 millon Yen = $10,000 right? Take it and get a roundtrip ticket to Japan!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Also to the original poster of this thread, Spiderman is cool, 3.0 will be showing for at least 4-6 months in Japan. Japanese theatres and in general Japanese movies tend to be screened for a very very long time.

Um:

View Original PostJoeD80 wrote:In Japan a particular set of dates is guaranteed for every theater the movie is running in. This particular movie is guaranteed to run from 11/17 - 12/7. After that it's up to the theater's discretion. Most theaters appear to be planning to run it from 12/8 on, including the Okinawa theater.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:15 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:When I was watching the new 15 sec commercial for Q a person posted a comment saying he was giving away free Yen since he won 100 million. I have no idea if it is true or not, but he offered me 1 million.

They weren't from Nigeria were they?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 pm

View Original PostFluffyBunny wrote:1 millon Yen = $10,000 right? Take it and get a roundtrip ticket to Japan!
If it is a legitimate offer I will. But, if not I can't so I will not be holding my breath.
logic.
ロジック

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:00 am

Wow thank you everyone for your answers! Very insightful. I called up the theater here and gave the ol' "dare ka eigo wo hanesimasuka?" (Sp?) And the manager informed me they were not doing advanced tickets. I'm sure I should fine going to see it tomorrow though, anime doesn't seem nearly as popular here in Okinawa, unfortunately. But since it is the only theater playing it for the whole prefecture it will still likely be packed on opening day.

Anyways thanks again all, I will be sure to post a review and/or my take on what I saw on screen mixed with my minimal Japanese understanding afterwards for those interested. Can't wait! Never dreamed I would have been able to see Eva in its purest form in theaters in Japan! I'm very fortunate.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am

Just curious, anybody in Japan going to that Midnight screening tonight?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:01 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Just curious, anybody in Japan going to that Midnight screening tonight?
It may be too late, and I just realized that today is the 16th.
logic.
ロジック

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:31 am

Just got back. No spoilers but let me just say first I loved going to a Japanese theater. Very cool experience. The movie was very short, not sure it even hit an hour and a half. Great animation, as expected. Very good movie. Very different from anything Eva I've ever seen. I bought a book they were selling at the theater that has a lot of information about the film, I will try to post some later if anyone is interested.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 am

View Original Postspiderman is cool wrote:Just got back. No spoilers but let me just say first I loved going to a Japanese theater. Very cool experience. The movie was very short, not sure it even hit an hour and a half. Great animation, as expected. Very good movie. Very different from anything Eva I've ever seen. I bought a book they were selling at the theater that has a lot of information about the film, I will try to post some later if anyone is interested.

At 106 minutes it's actually 1 hour and 46 minutes!

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:12 am

View Original PostXard wrote:At 106 minutes it's actually 1 hour and 46 minutes!

No kidding? Wow felt short.

os189
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby os189 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:17 am

If I'm not mistaken, it was only about an hour and a half. Ten minutes of the running time was the Ghibli short before the movie.

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:02 am

View Original Postos189 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it was only about an hour and a half. Ten minutes of the running time was the Ghibli short before the movie.

Didn't they announce that the fourth one will be out next year? Maybe that's why it's so short, they must have been making them both simultaneously.

soundwaveCA
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby soundwaveCA » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:18 am

Arrived in Japan this afternoon, going to go see it tomorrow, super excited :D

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 pm

View Original PostsoundwaveCA wrote:Arrived in Japan this afternoon, going to go see it tomorrow, super excited :D

Have fun, man! And good luck gathering the shattered pieces of your mind after the show! I haven't seen it, but from what I've heard it's a pretty wild ride!
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 pm

View Original Postos189 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it was only about an hour and a half. Ten minutes of the running time was the Ghibli short before the movie.

Okay wow I was wondering what that short was. It was pretty cool, but imagine me... A Gaijin, first time in a Japanese theater. I was so scared I walked in to the wrong theater lol!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”