[MANGA] [NGE] The manga as a reference.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

[NGE] The manga as a reference.

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:20 pm

There are already numerous differences between the Evangelion anime series, and the unfinished manga. These include plot differences, character personalities, character relationships and even the absence of many of the angels.

In the latest volumes the manga has begun to diverge considerably from the series, and their remains a very open question as to how the manga will portray the finale.

At this point, I would like to ask; What are people's opinions on the relationship between the anime and the manga? Are they closely related, or is the manga only distantly connected? Can ideas, concepts and themes in the manga be applied to interpretation and criticism of the anime? How applicable is the manga as a reference for the anime?
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:51 pm

I would say only distantly related - and take the manga as suggetive of what might fill in gaps where the anime is completely silent e.g. when Ritsuko was accosted by the MiBs
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:34 am

I would never used the manga as a source to fill in any gaps with the anime and vice versa. They are separate continuities, separate works, and further more should be evaluated by their own merits, not by a precedant set by one another.

Fallen angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fallen angel » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:57 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:I would never used the manga as a source to fill in any gaps with the anime and vice versa. They are separate continuities, separate works, and further more should be evaluated by their own merits, not by a precedant set by one another.

Exactly , manga and anime are totally different in bases as two different art and way for approaching to Eva story , those are unique in their own way and shouldn’t be compared with each other ..

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”