Can Kaworu Come back?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Can Kaworu Come back?

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:43 pm

Hey, after 3I if everyone will eventually return to physical form would kwaru or any of the other angels come back, even in human form? If Mistao's and Dr.Akagi's soul can come back why can't theirs? And on that, the angels are just humans, but different possibilities, does that mean that any of the people caught in 3I could come back as a new being? Kwaru seems like the only angle with human ... compation.. or emotion in him so I just got this thought that maybe he would wish to live again as a human and not as... what ever angle thingy he was.

P.S. whats the proper way to spell kwaru?
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:27 pm

I think anythings possable, but theirs a complication

Angel boy is a bit human and a bit angel. Even moreso then the other angels.

I think seeing as he's got adams sole and its a choice between the children of lilith and the children of adam that get to take the earth. I say no.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:40 pm

I doubt it. The way I understand it, 3I is meant for either the children of Lilith or the children of Adam. Not both. I may be wrong though.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:26 am

I like to think that Kaworu never left. He is a being like Rei who is still there in the end, watching over everything. I am probably wrong, but I love to think of it that way. Basically like my sig says.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Oblivious
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Oblivious » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:01 am

Even if it's not true, it's a nice thing to believe in. I believe reincarnation is compatible with NGE though.
http://graveyardofroses.spaces.live.com
You can either choose to change yourself or change your surroundings. All decisions are variations of those two.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:20 am

thank you. yes I love believing this. It makes the ending way happier for me. because we see Rei floating in space with unit 01, then we see her looking at Shinji, just like she does in episode 1 at the very beginning when Shinji is on the phone. and it makes everything come full circle. It also makes me think Rei is a being that is always there and always will be there. it makes it happier instead of imagining her dead at the end. the same goes with kaworu. only he isn't there in the end. but I think he will always live in the words "I Love you". anyway i'm getting off topic here.
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can Kwaru Come back?

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 am

TheBlueTree wrote:P.S. whats the proper way to spell kwaru?

The proper way is "カヲル" - like all the NGE characters, his personal name is given in katakana. The romanization of the kana is as KA-WO-RU; though people with that name often omit the W in actual use.

Can he come back? I suspect like Rei at the very end of EoE, he is in some more angelic state.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:53 am

Looking at the only two people who we know of who survived the third impact, we must ask ourselves, what similarities do they share (Asuka and Shinji) ? Or was it a personal decision by Shinji? (In this case, why?)

rb_182_ wrote:I like to think that Kaworu never left. He is a being like Rei who is still there in the end, watching over everything. I am probably wrong, but I love to think of it that way.

That's a nice, possitive way to look at this. And yeah, I agree that Rei and Kaworu are looking over everything. Personally I believe them to be archetypal images that all of humanity has within themselves. (That is sometimes expressed via art… like with Ode to Joy possibly? :wink:)

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:44 am

yes that's how I think of it to. They are all part of humanity. Rei is the part about human's understanding each other, and Kaworu is part of human's loving each other.
Rei goes insane!!~~

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:59 am

Kaworu.
So many spelling and grammer errors......

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:54 pm

Well lets have a look see.

They were both eva piolets
they were both looking for... love or atleast someone to love them
they both had lost their mothers and later found them in their eva
they both had reasons to come back (I assume)

or hell we could all fool ourselfs into thinking they were a mockup of adam and eve and were put back on earth by god to recreate humanity (just jokeing NEVER think that please lol).
Mr. Bud

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:15 pm

poetic_assassin wrote:Kaworu.
Actually, in Japan it can be Kaworu(cow-woah-roo) o Kaoru(ka-O-roo). It sounds better as the latter. But I like to spell it Kaworu anyway for some reason.

Anyways, he can't come abck after EoE. Seele and their Dummy Plug are destroyed, and thus Kaworu.

He died eternally with big Lillith head thingy. <.< >.> But he did come back after his first death. Just not his second...

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:25 pm

That wasnt really him in the dummy plug system though, just empty clones. right?
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 am

Rei and Kaworu are unlikely to come back in the sense referenced by "Anyone can return to human form as long as they can imagine themselves in their own heart", because their bodies were of Angelic substance, not the ordinary biomass that reverted to LCL in 3I. Also, Yui-sama used the LoL to petrify all remaining Angelic substance (i.e. the Eva Series and Lilith), so none exists anymore on earth. Therefore, it is probable that Rei and Kaworu's continued existence is limited to some sort of spiritual plane, rather than the physical world...

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:07 pm

But Shin isn't Rei a child lilith like mankind?

If we can come back shouldn't she be able to as well?

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

I don't want to restart an old argument but I have a qustion

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:Rei and Kaworu are unlikely to come back in the sense referenced by "Anyone can return to human form as long as they can imagine themselves in their own heart", because their bodies were of Angelic substance, not the ordinary biomass that reverted to LCL in 3I. Also, Yui-sama used the LoL to petrify all remaining Angelic substance (i.e. the Eva Series and Lilith), so none exists anymore on earth. Therefore, it is probable that Rei and Kaworu's continued existence is limited to some sort of spiritual plane, rather than the physical world...

I mean no disrespect by asking this. Its just that whenever things like this come up, it seems like you've gone over ever scene with a fine tooth comb.

Do you really think Anno put this much thought this?

Do you think we expected us (fans in genral) to?

poetic_assassin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby poetic_assassin » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:00 pm

TsubasaNoKoikokoro wrote:
Actually, in Japan it can be Kaworu(cow-woah-roo) o Kaoru(ka-O-roo). It sounds better as the latter. But I like to spell it Kaworu anyway for some reason.

Anyways, he can't come abck after EoE. Seele and their Dummy Plug are destroyed, and thus Kaworu.

He died eternally with big Lillith head thingy. <.< >.> But he did come back after his first death. Just not his second...

I pronounce it "Cow-roo"

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:01 pm

I think Anno expected a small amount of the fans to look into it this deep, so I'm guessing he put in some nice deep things for us to find. With every show there are the hardcore fans (startreck/starwars coming to mind) so why wouldn't Anno think that way?
Mr. Bud

Seele 08

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:21 pm

poetic_assassin wrote:
TsubasaNoKoikokoro wrote:

I pronounce it "Cow-roo"
Except in Japan, it is inpossible to make the "cow" sound.

Although when you sau ka-o really fast, it sounds like cow and thus is the closest.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:42 pm

I agree with Shin that they will only exist in a spiritual way, not a physical way. That is why they show ghost Rei at the end looking at Shinji. and then she fades away..
Rei goes insane!!~~

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”