Half-Angels and Redeye.

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

Half-Angels and Redeye.

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm

Is it ever stated anywhere that Angel/Human hybrids have red eyes? Tabris and Rei are manufactured humans with angel DNA right? Is it just a coincidence that they are the only ones in the series with red eyes while simultaneously being hybrids?
J U S T I N - B A I L E Y
_ _ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 pm

I have a theory that their irises are parts of their core.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:59 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I have a theory that their irises are parts of their core.

Oooh, that's a good one; never thought about that. Hey are lillins ever shown to have cores by the way? I'm thinking no but I could be wrong.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:38 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:I have a theory that their irises are parts of their core.
Eyes and cores (and souls) are constantly associated throughout the series anyway. I don't think the eyes are a PART of the soul as much as it's the ol' "window to the soul" thing.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

funeral_fog
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby funeral_fog » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 am

View Original PostJUSTINBAILEY wrote:Oooh, that's a good one; never thought about that. Hey are lillins ever shown to have cores by the way? I'm thinking no but I could be wrong.

I haven't whipped mine out in a while, but I THINK our hearts are red. That could be something. If you really wanted to fanwank (and I mean REALLY) you could attribute our blood turning red once hitting the air to our souls breaking free of the AT Field.

Or some bollocks along those lines..
Ya gotta watch out for those Terminator Maids, y'know..

Aozora
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Aozora » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 pm

View Original PostJUSTINBAILEY wrote:Oooh, that's a good one; never thought about that. Hey are lillins ever shown to have cores by the way? I'm thinking no but I could be wrong.

I figured the little red spheres in EoE were essentially human cores. The core is where the soul is right? And GNR was collecting people souls which just happen to look like tiny cores.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:14 pm

It's just a stylistic thing to show that they're creepy.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

View Original PostAuraTwilight wrote:It's just a stylistic thing to show that they're creepy.

AWW YEAAAHHHH ALBINISM

Spud
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Spud » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Wouldn't the soul be the core for the lillin?
They don't have the red sphere so wouldn't the soul be the logical answer?
�We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.� ~ Carlos Castaneda
"Blessed, truly blessed, are those who have not known devastation " Antigone

I am the Verizon of the desert

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

The "core" of a human would be the brain - i.e. the part you need to demolish, or, as we lack the fruit of life, deprive of its oxygen in some way to kill them.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:16 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:The "core" of a human would be the brain - i.e. the part you need to demolish, or, as we lack the fruit of life, deprive of its oxygen in some way to kill them.

Don't confuse destruction of the body with destruction of the soul's association to the body. Long after death, the human soul is still capable of utilizing an AT field to maintain the body's shape - although the brain is possibly the linkage between the soul and the body.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

View Original PostSpud wrote:Wouldn't the soul be the core for the lillin?
They don't have the red sphere so wouldn't the soul be the logical answer?

The Angels have souls too, though.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

JUSTINBAILEY
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JUSTINBAILEY » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:23 am

Hey, Tabris has a extremely powerful ATF right? If Rei is the same, shouldn't she be able to use an ATF too? Or is Lilith and lillin based life-forms incapable, even though they are technically angels too.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:35 am

View Original PostJUSTINBAILEY wrote:Hey, Tabris has a extremely powerful ATF right? If Rei is the same, shouldn't she be able to use an ATF too? Or is Lilith and lillin based life-forms incapable, even though they are technically angels too.

Rei uses her ATF in episode 24 when Eva-01 was fighting Eva-02/Kaworu. During this exchange:

Episode 24 wrote:Misato:
So, an Angel has finally reached it.
Hyuga...

Shinji:
What's that?!

Misato:
What's the situation?

HYUGA:
It's an AT Field! (Rei's ATF)

AOBA:
The same kind of AT Field that we saw earlier (referring to Kaworu's ATF)
has developed near the barrier around Terminal Dogma!

IBUKI:
It's entering the barrier!

Misato:
It can't be! Another Angel?!

AOBA:
It's no good! We can't confirm that!
Oh, no, it disappeared!

(comments in Red are mine)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 am

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 am

it's also possible that a bit of Lilith's soul is still in the marshmallowy corpse (the part that says welcome home in EoE), and thus she might also needs to be in close proximity to her true body to make that work at full power.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 am

View Original PostAozora wrote:I figured the little red spheres in EoE were essentially human cores. The core is where the soul is right? And GNR was collecting people souls which just happen to look like tiny cores.

No, the reason Anti-A.T. Fields make humans go splat but don't affect Evas is because human souls are not contained by are core but Eva's are. i.e. Supressing an Eva's A.T. Field doesn't release the soul because it has the additional protection of a core. Humans don't have that additional protection thus the soul is released upon supression of the A.T. Field.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

AshPhoenix
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AshPhoenix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Are the AT Fields really being suppressed? I don't think that's the right word there--I clearly recall Maya saying that "everybody's AT Fields are fading" right before she gets Tanged. So more or less, the Anti-A.T. Field (which I don't think is really the opposite of an AT Field, more "Lilith using her godlike powers to Tang everybody") is pulling down/destroying/"fading" everybody's AT Field. The AT Field could be the only containment of the soul, and thus, when the AT Field is gone, the soul is released.
Ritsuko: It can't be...an Angel devoured an Eva? That's impossible!
Maya: That's strange. The target's identification signal is turning into Zerogouki's!
~Once again proving...you are what you eat.~

(After adding something sexual to a perfectly normal post) "Fixed." --Apparently everybody on this forum.
It is unnerving to be proven wrong, particularly when you are really right and the person who is really wrong is the one who is proving you wrong and proving himself, wrongly, right. Right?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”